Devo7e ladybird v2 can't bind newb

More
13 Jan 2014 12:42 #18467 by Littlepip
Devo7e ladybird v2 can't bind newb was created by Littlepip
Hi,

I am totally new to computer radios but have re flashed the firmware to deviation v4.x latest stable version.

I do not understand a lot of the convention used in the manual but I had no problem with the original firmware setting up my ladybird and binding it. With the deviation FW I can not get it to bind at all I have tried to fin info on the forums but nothing seems to help. I created model 1 as ladybird v2 the settings are
type heli
power default
PPM in None
devo in the bind section and when I try the bind it runs for 10 seconds and that's it the red light flashes fast and it does not bind.

I tried the bind plug by plugging it in and power up LB the remove plug and power up again . I'm not sure if this is how to unbind it but that's what I tried . Then tried to bind again and still fast red led flashing . any ideas I need an idiots guide as I am new to computer radios and have only ever used 35mhz stuff in the past .

Thanks

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2014 13:03 #18470 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo7e ladybird v2 can't bind newb
I think you need to clear default Fixed ID in Devo7e.

Attachments:

More
13 Jan 2014 13:25 - 13 Jan 2014 13:37 #18471 by Littlepip
Replied by Littlepip on topic Devo7e ladybird v2 can't bind newb
Hi Vlad,

That worked it bound up great, the only problem now is it has gone very twitchy and I have had to put a lot of left trim, almost all the way over on the display to get it to hover, even then it drifts to the right, it did not do this before the FW upgrade . I am probably missing something simple again like your bind fix, but I do not have the knowledge with setting up radio's. I also have no short term memory so learning thing takes me forever now due to my meds, for pain relief I forget things very fast now, think goldfish
:-). I Hope you have another clever idea.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for helping this newb with his new toys

Gary

Gary
Last edit: 13 Jan 2014 13:37 by Littlepip. Reason: errors in text

More
13 Jan 2014 13:43 - 13 Jan 2014 13:43 #18473 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo7e ladybird v2 can't bind newb
Did you stick calibration?
Last edit: 13 Jan 2014 13:43 by vlad_vy.

More
13 Jan 2014 14:30 #18475 by Littlepip
Replied by Littlepip on topic Devo7e ladybird v2 can't bind newb
Ah, no, I have never done a stick calibration, I'll look it up in the manual and try again later. I have to collect the wife off the train, she has been in London all week , I could play whenever I liked :-). Thanks again for your help I would be totally lost without it.

I bought the Devo 7e mainly for the Ladybird as with the stock Devo 4 it is almost impossible to fly indoors. The rudder is ok but A and E are set way to high for a 3 axis bird that light, it floats with any input and does not stop with the sticks it just carries on. I tamed it down with dual rates and expo on stock FW and will have to work out how to do it again with deviation 4.

My biggest problem is that I do not understand the terminology, so the manual is of little use, I can't understand it, I need idiots guide like do this, then this and so on . I think I must be a bit thick because I really find the manual hard going, but once I'm shown something I get it normally.

Thanks again, I can't say it enough, without all of your time and effort a lot of us new guy's would get nowhere at all and probably give up in frustration.
Gary

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds