emulator

More
17 Apr 2014 01:25 #22492 by unclecrash
emulator was created by unclecrash
do I need to load a separate file to use the emulator on the 12s Thank's UC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2014 03:28 #22497 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic emulator
No that is nice about V4. Just download the one file, unzip it, and run it. With the older versions you need to download both the emulator and file system then install the file system in the emulator files a certain way.

deviationtx.com/repository/Deviation-Rel...u_devo12-v4.0.1.zip/

More
17 Apr 2014 06:40 #22499 by unclecrash
Replied by unclecrash on topic emulator
I cant win with this system!! Here is what I get. Im about to just switch back. I wish the manual was written for other than smart people I can run a round the computer with all sorts of different system's but this one. I can upload download any other file for my battery charger I can upgrade it using a system similar to the dfuse and no trouble. I don't know what to do. I was looking at the old manual and it has lots of photo's on the mixer and how to uase for plane's.
Attachments:

More
17 Apr 2014 06:46 #22500 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic emulator
Unpack archive file to any folder and then run emulator.

XXX\
filesystem\
libportaudio-2.dll
deviation-emu_devo12-v4.0.1.exe

More
17 Apr 2014 07:38 #22501 by unclecrash
I apologize I just get so frustrated I should have just shut the computer down till a later time. I know you guys don't want to hear it. Your bustin your tail's in here. I will give it a try later. Thank's for the reply UC

More
17 Apr 2014 15:35 #22506 by Tom Z
I just made a Tutorial.

Deviation Emulators - Download/Install/Run

deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/3064-deviat...download-install-run

More
18 Apr 2014 04:56 - 18 Apr 2014 04:58 #22546 by unclecrash
I been sitting here right clicking left clicking on the file and seeing no extract button so then I looked and seen 7zip has an arrow that opens the panes so if you dont click or stop you never see the pane to extract AHHHHH ok Im all right I was starting to think you were crazy or something LOL Im running chrome with win7 and now Im going to start from there..... 7 zip was causing my trouble by not showing the extract file it is in the side pane where I kept going right on by it. Why is it I could spit the file out on the desktop and it worked the emulator fine and I never unzipped it it must have did it on its own because I didn't know how to LOL B)
Last edit: 18 Apr 2014 04:58 by unclecrash. Reason: add to

More
18 Apr 2014 13:39 - 18 Apr 2014 14:42 #22549 by Tom Z
You didn't mention you had 7 zip. Use that instead of the Windows zip/unzip program.
I found a great 7 zip video. He shows how to extract (unzip) the file.

Treat the Tutorial Folder he is showing as the Zipped Emulator File you downloaded and you should be able to unzip it in seconds.

Left mouse click the link below, this which will take you to the YouTube Video.
The video will start at the 1:49 minute time mark to skip the beginning of the video which shows how to download and install 7 zip.

youtu.be/hOoOwiUyrAs?t=1m49s

Note: You can see the " Extract All..." in the video at the 1:59 minute time mark. This is the Windows unzip I am showing in my Tutorial. You can ignore this and use 7 zip instead as I found a video for it.

Last edit: 18 Apr 2014 14:42 by Tom Z.

More
18 Apr 2014 21:26 - 18 Apr 2014 21:39 #22557 by unclecrash
Thanks Tom LOL funny 10 year old teaching(in video) an old man(me) how to use the program. LOL I got it now I kept looking in the row where it said 7zip but never stopped with the mouse pointer to let it open the side pane where it show's the extract button I then saw the arrow and then stopped and hovered on it then saw the extract option. Im a slow learner but Im moving forward,I'm just glad I didn't quit and go back to the walkera software. I do like all the bling that the stock firmware had meaning all the icons on the menu pages. I'm sure after I mess with the deviation for a while I will figure out more and more. Here is the low vis I like. www.deviationtx.com/media/kunena/attachments/1458/Knipsel1.JPG
Last edit: 18 Apr 2014 21:39 by unclecrash.

More
18 Apr 2014 22:23 - 18 Apr 2014 22:58 #22560 by Tom Z
Your welcome.
That's great you got it!
The emulator is extremely powerful and flexible in the advanced mixer mode.
It is good in the standard mixer mode also for general setups. Very good for beginners.
I have made over 200 models with the emulators so far and still making more...
You can also make a model in the transmitter and export it out to the computer in the emulator and change and/or modify it and load it back into the transmitter. I do this all the time or I make a model 100% in the emulator and use it that way and make any adjustments in the transmitter if needed. I don't make any models in the transmitter as it takes too long compared to minutes in the emulator.

That low vis looks good.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2014 22:58 by Tom Z.

More
19 Apr 2014 03:46 #22563 by unclecrash
Tom when you talk of the standard mixer are you talking about using it with the spin box to (simple) If so I think Phracted Blue mentioned it too. Will it do split elevator and and same for aileron using a channel for each? My YF23 will need mixing for the tails acting as ruddervators then aileron's and flaps.

More
19 Apr 2014 12:56 - 19 Apr 2014 13:05 #22569 by Tom Z
There is a Standard mixer and Advanced mixer.

Standard mixer is similar to the menus we are use to (stock firmware).

Advanced mixer is completely different than what we are use to. Powerful and flexible once you learn how to use it which will take some time...
This is what a lot of the questions on this web site are on including most of mine and why there is a lot of tutorials and help being posted.

The standard mixer is limited with what you can program and do with it but it was made that way to be easy to program. Anything more complex will require the advanced mixer which is what I made all my models on this web site with.
I did just make some models in the standard mixer to help out people just starting out with the deviation firmware.

Advanced mixer

I just noticed if you use airplane mode you will have to use the advanced mixer. The standard mixer option is not there.
I haven't programed any airplane models as I don't know how or have any airplanes. I would have liked to make a bunch of airplane models to post on this site.

Yes you can program whatever you want for the airplane the question is how to do it... Just about all the models, help, and information on this site is for helicopters and quads.
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Apr 2014 13:05 by Tom Z.

More
19 Apr 2014 19:37 - 19 Apr 2014 19:38 #22578 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic emulator

unclecrash wrote: My YF23 will need mixing for the tails acting as ruddervators then aileron's and flaps.

Hi unclecrash,
I don't have any experience with planes, but Kreidler has made a template which may help you.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-template...fined-mixer-template

You need to copy this into the "template" folder of your TX (or emulator).
Then you could load it and change it to your needs.
Hope this helps you getting started.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2014 19:38 by linux-user.

More
19 Apr 2014 21:40 #22584 by unclecrash
Thanks I was looking at that template a few days ago and probably will try to use it. But Im going to start with a simple gws formosa which is your basic airplane with ail,elev,throttle,and rudder. I also saw that the standard mixer was only for heli :S don't get why they did that.

More
19 Apr 2014 21:48 #22585 by Tom Z
Probably because the standard mixer would be too limited on what you can program for an airplane. The standard mixer doesn't have or use the complex mixers you would need.

More
19 Apr 2014 22:01 #22586 by Tom Z
I just loaded the mixer template that kreidler posted. It has a lot of options to program.

Here are two screen shots.

Attachments:

More
19 Apr 2014 22:39 #22587 by unclecrash
Tom what I was wondering is if left in heli mode with standard mixer if I could do a easy setup for a plane just change the text to plane and use the heli standard mixer to control it. Im going to hook up my 12 channel receiver and play a round and see what does what. If that will not work for a 4 or 5 channel plane then I will mess with the advanced mixer and use the simple on the mixer.

More
21 Apr 2014 03:50 #22617 by Tom Z
As soon as you change helicopter mode to airplane mode it switches over to advanced mixer mode and you don't have the option to use standard mixer mode.
I don't know if it will keep the settings you had while you were in helicopter mode.

For an airplane I think you have to use airplane mode to get the options you need for an airplane like flaps and so on...

Mess around with settings. It will either work or not work.
Then bench test your settings with your plane. If all looks good test fly it.

More
21 Apr 2014 05:20 - 21 Apr 2014 05:23 #22619 by unclecrash
Yup that's what I have been doing. Going into a foamy airplane till I get the hang of and trust the system, then I will add the 12 channel setup to one of my bigger plane's.

Quote: It has a lot of options to program.

As in hard to set up?
Last edit: 21 Apr 2014 05:23 by unclecrash.

More
21 Apr 2014 17:20 - 21 Apr 2014 17:26 #22632 by Tom Z
I just made a video for my Tutorial. It is in the first post at the bottom.
It also shows Windows " Extract All..." (unzip).

deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/3064-deviat...-unzip-start-program

Just saw your edit above...

Advanced mixer is hard to learn and it is complex.
Once you understand the basics it's fast and easy to program models.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2014 17:26 by Tom Z.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds