V911 jerky servo movements?

More
31 Aug 2015 14:28 #37329 by Nightstalker1993
V911 jerky servo movements? was created by Nightstalker1993
Hi guys, I have a Deviated Devo 10 with both NRF and A7105 module installed, and currently having issues with my V911.

I remembered when I first installed it all was good but today when I tried to fly my V911, the servo actions were jerky as hell and I realised on the desk that if the throttle is off, the servo's move fine but intermittently cut out for a second or two but if I spool up the main motor, the servo movements are really jerky, like 1 response every 1 second. Previously when it was working fine it was at 10mw, now no matter what power i tried it's still the same.

Only thing I can think of between the time when it flies ok and now is I moved the location of the module in the tx in order to get better reception so I suspected iffy connections, but I checked all and all was good, also check the module side and all was good as well. Can't think of anything else or had my module gone bad?

I searched around and found another guy have similar issues here and his final solution was to replace the tx.ini file. I tried flashing another nightly version, fresh format then copy new files and everything but nothing seems to work. Currently running on the latest nightly.

Thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2015 21:08 #37449 by skretchmer
Replied by skretchmer on topic V911 jerky servo movements?
i was hoping someone would have replied here, as i have seen this issue myself. Not only on a Devo7e, and a Devo10, but also on a Taranis plus with the OEM (not home built) FlySky module. (meaning it happened on a completely stock, supported, radio)

the Taranis even had adjustable pulse width, and other things the Devo's don't, none of it seemed to be of any help, no matter how adjusted.

servos work perfectly normal with no throttle, but get very jerky with any input that accompanies any throttle application. seen across multiple 3-in-1 v911 boards.

As I got tired of the fixed pitch stuff, the A7105 wasn't critical enough for me to troubleshoot further. (not that I would know how anyway.)

fully charged batteries, flat dead batteries, 5mw, 150mw, on top of, 10 feet away, nothing seem to have any affect on it. Still flyable, but very hard to control.

More
04 Sep 2015 22:33 - 04 Sep 2015 22:39 #37450 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic V911 jerky servo movements?
So guys, telling us having installed a A7105 does not give us any usable information.
What kind of module , D03, XL or just a normal one? How is your wiring, which version of Deviation are you using?
I have a A7105-D03 module inside and my 911V2 and the 911Pro are flying like silk. and maneuver within the space of a board.
No jerky movements. Did you check the mechanical components, swash, links and flybar?

I was flying my 911 with max 3mW and the Pro has proven to be steerable with that output at a range of 220m ,........but
would not come back because of strong gust.... :oops:

Edit:: the boards are Rev 09; date 2013.07.26

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 04 Sep 2015 22:39 by aMax.

More
05 Sep 2015 15:25 #37470 by Nightstalker1993
Replied by Nightstalker1993 on topic V911 jerky servo movements?
Sorry if I did not provide enough information. I got the board off the V911 tx so it's the V911 version of the A7105. I'm considering that it might really be a hardware defect of the A7105 chip probably due to the extended desoldering maybe adding too much heat to the module. Wiring is as per standard instructions and currently running the latest Nightly from the July release. Also tried an older nightly and it performed the same as well.

But the again, according to skretchmer's reply, looks like it might not be my board afterall. Though now I rarely fly my V911 anyway so still contemplating if I should spend money on a new A7105 board or not

More
05 Sep 2015 16:09 #37471 by skretchmer
My three Devo builds were done with XL7105-D03's as per:
www.banggood.com/XL7105-D03-A7105-Modifi...Flysky-p-922603.html

My other experience was with one of these:
www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Flysky-FS-GT3...smitter-p-66598.html
in a Taranis plus TX:
www.gravesrc.com/frsky-taranis-x9d-plus-...r-aluminum-case.html

Both experiences were repeatable across multiple v911 heli's and multiple TX's and XL7105 modules.

While I understand others have had success with this, I have done it in enough ways and enough times to be sure it's not something I am doing wrong. Something is a variable here I just can't identify yet.

More
05 Sep 2015 19:28 - 13 Sep 2015 00:37 #37478 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic V911 jerky servo movements?
I have this FS-GT3 module too, but did not make use of it because I installed Frsky DFT module on my FC18V3.2plus.
The A7105 is from BG but had the antenna already installed.
www.banggood.com/A7105-Wireless-RF-2_4GH...Module-p-909404.html
If there is any difference to yours, I don't know. New wiring and worked with all nightlys since 03/2014.

Take a seat for a ride.... :)
..link removed...

That is the V2 , with the Pro I was much higher but my camera man lost her many times.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 13 Sep 2015 00:37 by aMax. Reason: video link removed

More
01 Oct 2015 23:07 - 01 Oct 2015 23:35 #38335 by robocog
Replied by robocog on topic V911 jerky servo movements?
This rings bells with me
I'm sure I had this issue once upon a time

I know I re soldered the RX antenna onto the board as it was a bit "iffy"

I vaguely recall also doing something with the number of channels? and rebinding using a fixed 5 digit fixed ID?
(could be getting confused with another issue I had on a completely different micro heli)

Either way I managed to get its servos moving fluidly and in sync with the TX

I will have a search to see if I can find the posts

Regards
Rob

Re edited (again)
Checked my ini - it's set to 8 channels with fixed 4 digit ID of 1111 ...and it flies like a champ - worth trying this despite it not making much logical sense?
Maybe it was the antenna hanging on by a strand on mine causing the jerks??

Or was it this posting?
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...cols?start=120#30047
Last edit: 01 Oct 2015 23:35 by robocog.

More
08 Oct 2015 14:57 #38592 by skretchmer
I have tried all the suggestions on that link, 1111, 1010, 10101, etc.. none of that seems to have any effect on the issue for me. Both on a 7e and a 10. I see there s a new nightly build, i will see if that has any effect.

thanks

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds