publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?

More
01 Dec 2013 18:25 #16143 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?
ok as the bug still happens without the hisky patch, i've created an issue here>>

bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/i...t-stick-output-stops

this is the same thing i mentioned to rbe2012 earlier in the thread >>

www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-1-0?start=200#15746

and he said he could reproduce it here >>

www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-1-0?start=220#15756

and said that he had fixed it and pushed a fix here >>

www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-1-0?start=220#15764

so perhaps the fix hasn't been pulled to pb's repo yet?
The topic has been locked.
More
01 Dec 2013 18:29 - 01 Dec 2013 18:30 #16144 by HappyHarry

kreidler wrote:

rbe2012 wrote: Btw, has anyone else seen the behavior described by HappyHarry? Or something similar which could be caused by memory issues (like crashes, reboots, confused screens)?

Without the patch and the latest nighly (5bf25ae) Channel monitor as well as the DR and Expo dialog the sticks always moved on the line / curve with my Tx. Mode set to 4. Neither AIL nor RUD gave up. Sorry was not able to reproduce.

hi kreidler as you have a 7e in hand can you also try with mode 2, with simple mixer enabled, and ppm as the output protocol please, because everything works as expected until you try ppm out and simple mixer. i also just reproduced it with a build i took from pb's repo 25 minutes ago
Last edit: 01 Dec 2013 18:30 by HappyHarry.
More
01 Dec 2013 20:14 - 01 Dec 2013 20:21 #16149 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?

HappyHarry wrote: hi kreidler as you have a 7e in hand can you also try with mode 2, with simple mixer enabled, and ppm as the output protocol please, because everything works as expected until you try ppm out and simple mixer. i also just reproduced it with a build i took from pb's repo 25 minutes ago

I just tried again with success. Switched Tx to Mode 2. As far as I understood we need Standard GUI. Sorry but my compiler cannot produce any binaries for this GUI anymore (244bytes). So I have to use one of the nightlies.
Please avoid talking about "Simple Mixer". The 'Simple' I can only access in the advanced GUI. Please update me as an advanced plane flyer, if necessary.
  1. Mode 2 / New model
  2. Switch to Standard GUI
  3. Select PPM protocol
  4. Stick input shows AIL and ELE working - Sometimes only channel 2 no output - channel 1 working
  5. Power down Tx - Switch on Tx
  6. Right stick completely without function - "Invalid model ini" for D/R & Exp and Throttle curves
  7. Switch back to e.g. DEVO file still corrupted
  8. Advanced GUI all fine
Tested also with other modes. Same issue only different sticks without function. Could this be an issue with the channel reordering?
Emu not affected

Sorry guys that I posted this here but in bitbucket I cannot attach any files if I am not the opener. Please find the two model inis atttached.

EDIT: Same on Devo10.

EDIT2: 1 minute after my post the fix has been committed.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Dec 2013 20:21 by kreidler.
More
01 Dec 2013 20:19 #16150 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?
PPM with the Standard Mixer is broken due to not mapping the channels. I put in a fix, though I'm not 100% confident it will fix all of the issues.
More
01 Dec 2013 20:26 #16151 by MacGyverek
Replied by MacGyverek on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?
First of all sorry about small off topic. This version (3.1) is a universal release for DEVO8S, too?? I mean for hardware version <0.9 and 1.0A and 1.0B??
More
01 Dec 2013 20:32 #16152 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?

PhracturedBlue wrote: PPM with the Standard Mixer is broken due to not mapping the channels. I put in a fix, though I'm not 100% confident it will fix all of the issues.

For Devo10 is working. For Devo7e I have to wait for the nighly. :side:
More
01 Dec 2013 20:47 #16154 by PhracturedBlue

kreidler wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: PPM with the Standard Mixer is broken due to not mapping the channels. I put in a fix, though I'm not 100% confident it will fix all of the issues.

Have you tried this:
launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded
My testing shows it will generate a small enough image (barely). The question is whether the image actually works or not.
More
01 Dec 2013 20:48 #16155 by PhracturedBlue

MacGyverek wrote: First of all sorry about small off topic. This version (3.1) is a universal release for DEVO8S, too?? I mean for hardware version <0.9 and 1.0A and 1.0B??

Yes the current code supports both Dev08s screens
  • rbe2012
  • rbe2012's Avatar Topic Author
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
01 Dec 2013 21:24 #16160 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?

HappyHarry wrote: ...
and he {rbe} said he could reproduce it here >>

www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-1-0?start=220#15756

and said that he had fixed it and pushed a fix here >>

www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-1-0?start=220#15764

so perhaps the fix hasn't been pulled to pb's repo yet?

I feel taken out of context - what I have seen and fixed was that the little cursor did not move on the mixer curves. This is completely different to "stick does not work".

But as far as I have seen has PB narrowed down the problem.
More
01 Dec 2013 21:38 #16162 by HappyHarry

kreidler wrote:

works for 7e also, again thanks pb for the quick fix :)

rbe2012 the non moving cursor in my case was caused by this bug, as the right stick was not giving an output, i just presumed it was the same issue
More
02 Dec 2013 13:22 - 02 Dec 2013 13:23 #16183 by Pattaya01
Replied by Pattaya01 on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?
Not sure if this question belongs here, but I try.

If I upgrade to the latest build (like now, there is a 2 Dec nightly build) for testing, there are always a lot of files. There is the small DFU file (like 150KB or so) then there is the large LIB file, the debug file and the filesystem.

If I overwrite the filesystem, all my models are gone, so I don't do that. The LIB file always seems unchanged (1050KB), but not so sure if there are no changes.

This time, I only updated the small DFU file. Is that OK? Or should I also change the other files?
Last edit: 02 Dec 2013 13:23 by Pattaya01.
More
02 Dec 2013 13:51 #16184 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?
Right now it's OK, but if you do not watch the development process, it is better to do it as a user manual describes.
More
03 Dec 2013 03:59 #16197 by vlad_vy
What does it mean '°' in GPS coordinates??? Probably it has to be '°'.

Issue #436.
More
03 Dec 2013 04:53 #16198 by PhracturedBlue
I think we're coming to the end game now.
I believe the trunk is now as good as Rbe's branch was, and looking through the bugs on bitbucket, I don't see anything that would gate a release.
I'll probably wait for victz's Hisky patch. I don't know if Rbe's work on aborting binding is almost ready or not, but if it is, I'll probably wait for it.

Other than that it is just documentation. I know Waldo has been wokring on the documentation, but I'm not sure of progress (and as I haven't seen a mock up, I'm not even sure I'll accept it). So if anyone has anything they think should gate the release, now would be a good time to raise your hands.
More
03 Dec 2013 05:36 #16203 by FDR
I'm trying to translate new labels, but I run into a problem.
I used to save the changes into the common\language\lang.hu then compile, and those changes used to copied to the actual target's filesystem, but not now.
Has something changed in the language compilation, or am I doing it wrong?
More
03 Dec 2013 05:41 #16204 by vlad_vy
Is it possible to implement auto channels mapping with protocol change? It's frequenly rise questions from beginners.

From my point of view the most safe way to do it will be change model.ini file and reload it.
More
03 Dec 2013 05:43 #16205 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: I'm trying to translate new labels, but I run into a problem.
I used to save the changes into the common\language\lang.hu then compile, and those changes used to copied to the actual target's filesystem, but not now.

This should definitely work. We don't save any other language files besides those in 'common' so it must regenerate them. Try removing all language files from your target filesystem and see what happens.
you can also run 'make' with 'VERBOSE=1' to see what is going on, which may help.
More
03 Dec 2013 05:44 #16206 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?
I need 2-3 days - middle of work week, you know ;-) And if there is a person with 2 working Devos with nRF24L01 and Hisky models to check the interference, that would be great they'd help me in it - my second Devo is not modded yet. I hope there will be no problems - I am going to use FH algorithm similar to DSMX, which should spread frequency efficiently, but to have a test would be great.
More
03 Dec 2013 06:04 #16209 by PhracturedBlue

vlad_vy wrote: Is it possible to implement auto channels mapping with protocol change? It's frequenly rise questions from beginners.

From my point of view the most safe way to do it will be change model.ini file and reload it.

There is already a function to map channels. It is how the 'templates' work. We could easily call it when changing protocols (though it might be a bit off when switching from Devo to PPM, since you'd lose your current mappings). Or we could have a new button to do a channel reassignment. To remap the channels would also require code to verify they are currently mapped in the 'expected' way to ensure we don't corrupt a custom configuration.
But the reason I didn't do this was that I never expected anyone to take a modle and change the protocol. I always expected that you'd start with the right protocol and load a template. Of course my expectations and reality rarely overlasp it seems.
More
03 Dec 2013 06:05 #16210 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote:

FDR wrote: I'm trying to translate new labels, but I run into a problem.

This should definitely work. We don't save any other language files besides those in 'common' so it must regenerate them. Try removing all language files from your target filesystem and see what happens.
you can also run 'make' with 'VERBOSE=1' to see what is going on, which may help.

:blush:
Sorry, my bad!

I made changes to the deviation-3.1 repository...
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds