JJRC1000 questions

More
15 May 2015 03:11 #32600 by Tryptych
JJRC1000 questions was created by Tryptych
I'm a noob with ini files.

Below is a bit of the .ini for my JJRC1000. Channel 5 makes the LEDs turn on or off. If I remove all the lines for channel 5 from my ini file (and give it no information about channel 5) then once bound the quad's default behavior is for the LEDs to slowly blink on and off. So therefore: the quad has three settings for its lights: on, off, and blink.

Question #1: I would like for the quad to blink like that when it is in flip mode (controlled by channel 6 and HOLD0). How could I do that? How can I make the lights blink on purpose? What command do I need to send to channel 5? Is it done with scalar? Can someone explain?
[channel5]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Ch5

[channel6]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=HOLD0
dest=Ch6
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2015 17:37 #32651 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic JJRC1000 questions
I'll take a shot at this... For me, this is a great challenge question, and I hope others can chime in.

For this device, I don't think we can really know the answer until you figure out which Channel 5 value setting changes the lights to blink. In other words, with FMODE1 set on, channel 5 is 100, and the lights are on; likewise FMODE0=channel 5 at -100, lights off. Do the lights blink if you set FMODE1 to send a different value? Presuming you know that value, setting up the mixer should be no problem, although I had to dig up MWM's great tutorial "Writing a deviation TX model".

You may be able to determine the required value by modifying your current channel 5 to this. If it doesn't work, change the offset to -50 or -150... sometimes you are shooting in the dark (unless you can get your hands on the SPI traces!):
[channel5]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Ch5
offset=-100
curvetype=zero/max
points=0

Presuming a value of 0 gets the blinking lights, you can use this with a mixer to get HOLD0 (your flip switch) to modify the output of Channel 5. I think this will work to send a 0 value, at least it does in the emulator!
[channel5]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Ch5
[mixer]
src=HOLD0
dest=Ch5
offset=-100
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=zero/max
points=0

Let us know if it works.. I think you'll have to have your lights turned ON (FMODE1) then when you engage HOLD0 the value on Channel 5 goes to 0 and they blink. If FMODE0, then the lights stay off. If you want the blinking no matter the setting of HOLD, that's not how its working now.

I'm still trying to learn these more challenging mixers too :unsure:

Jeff

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
17 May 2015 17:05 - 17 May 2015 17:48 #32694 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic JJRC1000 questions
If you want to have the lights blink whenever you are in Flip mode, whether you have the lights turned on or not, you need a slightly different mixer. This approach works on my JXD392 (v2x2 protocol), although of course YMMV! Need I mention it is always good to test these with the propellers removed?

While tinkering with the offsets, I saw another behavior I didn't know about. With the JXD392 the blink speed is a function of the value you set! In this code I've set it to 99, but it seems to handle any value from -99 (extremely slow) to 99 (very fast). The value of 0 gives me the blink speed that happens when the TX is turned off, so I don't want to use 0 for my flip indication. In my flight testing I found that fast blink (99) is used for Low Voltage indication; this probably isn't a problem if you fly timed sessions, but you should be aware of the conflict.

[channel5]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Ch5
[mixer]
src=HOLD0
dest=Ch5
switch=HOLD0
scalar=99
curvetype=fixed
usetrim=0

Let us know how this works with your JJRC1000.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Last edit: 17 May 2015 17:48 by Deal57. Reason: Update with LV blink speed

More
19 May 2015 08:30 - 19 May 2015 08:42 #32766 by Tryptych
Replied by Tryptych on topic JJRC1000 questions

[channel5]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Ch5
[mixer]
src=HOLD0
dest=Ch5
switch=HOLD0
scalar=99
curvetype=fixed
usetrim=0

Thanks Jeff, that worked! The help is much appreciated. When I hit the HOLD switch flip mode now comes on, and the lights flash. But I have a new problem now: When I hit FMODE to switch rates, the LEDs on the quad go off. Is there a way to make it so FMODE doesn't ever change the lights?

More importantly, I've read mwm's manual but I'm still struggling a bit to understand .ini files. Can you explain to me (like I'm 5 years old) how what you wrote works? Here's what I understand of what you wrote, part by part:

[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Ch5
= It is taking the value of the FMODE switch and sending it to Ch5 (lights), it will either send -100 or +100. I'm confused about why this is required for this situation, but I tried taking it out and it messed things up.... ?

[mixer]
src=HOLD0
dest=Ch5
= Then it is also taking the value of HOLD and sending it to Ch5.

switch=HOLD0
scalar=99
curvetype=fixed
usetrim=0
= Then it is saying if the HOLD switch is at the 0 position then set the value of Ch5 to 99. Then it has the bit about usetrim=0 which I don't understand.

...am I close? :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 May 2015 08:42 by Tryptych.

More
09 Jun 2015 16:52 #33723 by racemaniac
Replied by racemaniac on topic JJRC1000 questions
I'm wondering, is it already possible to enable the headless on the jjrc1000 mode using deviation?

More
09 Jun 2015 17:10 #33724 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic JJRC1000 questions

racemaniac wrote: I'm wondering, is it already possible to enable the headless on the jjrc1000 mode using deviation?

Yep, I captured the Headless command for V2x2 protocol some time ago and Victzh updated the protocol.
Please, check the V2x2 protocol thread under Protocol Development sub forum, but if I remember good, headless mode was assigned to channel 9.

More
09 Jun 2015 18:17 - 12 Jun 2015 21:13 #33729 by racemaniac

Durete wrote:

racemaniac wrote: I'm wondering, is it already possible to enable the headless on the jjrc1000 mode using deviation?

Yep, I captured the Headless command for V2x2 protocol some time ago and Victzh updated the protocol.
Please, check the V2x2 protocol thread under Protocol Development sub forum, but if I remember good, headless mode was assigned to channel 9.

found it :)
I'll test it asap ^^.
Have to say i like this forum :). Everyone is very helpful and nice it seems ^^.

*edit*
tested it on my jjrc 1000, and it's working.
Last edit: 12 Jun 2015 21:13 by racemaniac.

More
12 Jun 2015 21:19 #33965 by racemaniac
Here is my config (for a 7e with 2x3 switches added)
FMODE switch controls the headless mode
The 2x3 switch next to it controls the rate (40%, 65% and 100%)
HOLD switch enables the flip mode (only works with 100% rate as you flip by fully steering into a certain direction)
The 2x3 switch next to it controls the lights (off/on/blinking)

For those wanting to make their own config:
channel 5 = lights (-100 = off, +100 = on, in between is how fast the lights flash)
channel 6 = flip mode
channel 9 = headless mode
Attachments:

More
26 Mar 2016 04:23 - 26 Mar 2016 04:25 #45204 by wilks625
Replied by wilks625 on topic JJRC1000 questions

racemaniac wrote: Here is my config (for a 7e with 2x3 switches added)
FMODE switch controls the headless mode
The 2x3 switch next to it controls the rate (40%, 65% and 100%)
HOLD switch enables the flip mode (only works with 100% rate as you flip by fully steering into a certain direction)
The 2x3 switch next to it controls the lights (off/on/blinking)

For those wanting to make their own config:
channel 5 = lights (-100 = off, +100 = on, in between is how fast the lights flash)
channel 6 = flip mode
channel 9 = headless mode

So I'm really enjoying your config, but when I move my stick forward, it goes in the direction of the blue lights which is actually the rear. So if i just pretend like the blue lights are the front it would work fine, but I just don't like the battery cables toward the front of the quad, is there anyway to make the red lights be the front and blue lights be the rear?
Last edit: 26 Mar 2016 04:25 by wilks625.

More
26 Mar 2016 05:06 #45207 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic JJRC1000 questions
All you need to do is reverse the Elevator and Aileron channels in the tx ..

More
26 Mar 2016 22:22 #45246 by wilks625
Replied by wilks625 on topic JJRC1000 questions

magic_marty wrote: All you need to do is reverse the Elevator and Aileron channels in the tx ..

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds