XK Protocol Question

More
26 Sep 2015 06:11 #38075 by henryx7
XK Protocol Question was created by henryx7
Hey guys, sorry I'm not sure if this is in the right place.

I've read a lot of mixed reviews about the v977 and an alternative to that is the new xk k110. I think most people can tell that they are quite the same helicopter, but the main difference is the receiver. I was wondering if it would be possible to create a protocol for that helicopter since I would like something like the v977 with full control over it rather than having hard coded curves. The XK K110's transmitter has some kind of module in it as seen in one of the pictures from the banggood site. Would there be a way to develop a protocol for that transceiver to work with the k110, or k120?

Now, I don't have the resources or knowledge on how this all works but it would be cool if any of you guys are able to develop something for it since its essentially a v977 with full control. Unless there's a way to simple hack the v977's firmware.

Here is the link to the product.
www.banggood.com/XK-K110-Blast-6CH-Brush...er-RTF-p-974729.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2015 06:15 #38076 by henryx7
Replied by henryx7 on topic XK Protocol Question
Actually if there was a way to get S-FHSS on a devo that would be good too since the XK crafts are compatible with it.

More
26 Sep 2015 13:58 #38086 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic XK Protocol Question

henryx7 wrote: Actually if there was a way to get S-FHSS on a devo that would be good too since the XK crafts are compatible with it.

The protocol used with the XK brand is the Futaba one ...
Definitively it will be fantastic if someone can work on it. I got some XK TX, I can capture some SPI data...
So if any gurus want to try on a CC2500 protocol based ....

More
11 Oct 2015 02:43 #38707 by fox
Replied by fox on topic XK Protocol Question
there is something new guys? :dry:

More
14 Oct 2015 09:26 #38797 by Babay
Replied by Babay on topic XK Protocol Question
I and many of my friends look forward to the support Futaba S-FHSS protocol in Deviation. I already have XK K110 and soon get XK K120. I'm not a programmer, but I can help with testing a new protocol.

More
14 Oct 2015 09:40 #38799 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic XK Protocol Question

Babay wrote: I and many of my friends look forward to the support Futaba S-FHSS protocol in Deviation. I already have XK K110 and soon get XK K120. I'm not a programmer, but I can help with testing a new protocol.

+1

I can help to capture SPI data!! :cheer:

More
14 Oct 2015 11:21 #38800 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic XK Protocol Question
I've never done the protocol thing, but would love to try. However, I won't be able to look at it until next year, as it's time to start building gifts.

If you can do a capture, I'd suggest you just do it and post the results here. Besides me, midelic is around and working on protocols. Or was recently. Or someone may see it and decide to work on it. Or I'll eventually get to it.

I believe there's a tutorial on doing the logic analyzer captures if you look for it. SebyDocky has a video on it as well. If you can't find it, I'll do a quick writeup.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
18 Oct 2015 06:32 #39003 by dc59
I captured XK X4 7 channels SPI data as below:
www.mediafire.com/download/jqswsx4vxsl7vwp/XK-X4-SPI-01-03.zip
www.mediafire.com/download/obsahamb2gbf03s/XK-X4-SPI-04-06.zip

XK announced X4 TX as a 4ch TX, but actually it's a real 7ch TX, I confirmed that by a Orange SF700S S-FHSS receiver, all 7 channels worked OK, except 7th channel which has small travel value.

The other wired thing is that SPI CLOCK pin, if I connect CLOCK pin to my analyzer before I turned on TX power, then TX will be dead, not work, blank screen! therefore I can just connect CLOCK wire to analyzer after I turned on TX power, this also happened on XK X6 TX.

Here is SPI data which's captured by X6 TX(it's a real 8ch TX):
www.mediafire.com/download/do3ze17f33h94...K-SPI-BIND-24MHz.zip

I can do more capture job on both X4 or X6 TX , if anyone who's interested on S-FHSS protocol hack.

Thanks.

More
18 Oct 2015 06:36 #39005 by dc59
I don't know what's happening, I can't upload X4 TX & SF700S receiver pictures.
Each file size is under 200kb. :(
I can't upload even one file.

More
18 Oct 2015 09:25 #39008 by mwm
I ran into that yesterday. Seems like something on the forum is busted. I started a topic asking for help.

For now, you can upload to google drive or dropbox or similar, and post a link to that.

More
18 Oct 2015 11:36 #39011 by dc59

mwm wrote: I ran into that yesterday. Seems like something on the forum is busted. I started a topic asking for help.

For now, you can upload to google drive or dropbox or similar, and post a link to that.

Thanks for helping.

More
27 Jan 2016 03:54 #42263 by phantom8
Replied by phantom8 on topic XK Protocol Question
Just wondering how difficult will it be to implement the S-FHSS protocol. Is the effort similar in implementing a protocol for toy quads using NRF24L01 chip? Or will it be much more difficult? Are there any protocol format documents available for S-FHSS?

More
04 Feb 2016 07:36 #42564 by Babay
Replied by Babay on topic XK Protocol Question
Today I received CC2500 module, and will install it into Devo transmitter. It is unfortunate that Futaba S-FHSS protocol has not yet been implemented. Dear developers, please help to implement the protocol. This would allow to use of high-quality receivers through S.BUS. And many people will be able to tell: Thank you very much!

More
04 Feb 2016 08:16 #42566 by Remlen
Replied by Remlen on topic XK Protocol Question
Dear developers, Futaba protocol in great demand. It would be great if you could add support for this protocol in Devo.

More
04 Feb 2016 21:57 #42589 by Samoylow
Replied by Samoylow on topic XK Protocol Question
I have Devo-10 and for a long time the CC2500 module is installed. Very much it would be desirable supports of the S-FHSS protocol. Maybe dear developers will find for this time and forces? Thousands of people would be grateful to them worldwide.

More
04 Feb 2016 22:02 #42591 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic XK Protocol Question
It's not only question of time, but developers need to access the appropriate equipment, i.e. a Futaba TX and a RX, or at least data captures of the SPI bus between the microcontroller and the RF module, if they are separated at all...

More
04 Feb 2016 22:49 #42597 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic XK Protocol Question
Yeah, time and efforts are not limiting factor - hardware is. It's expensive, and while I've seen some less expensive XK - www.banggood.com/XK-X250-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis...S-FHSS-p-974721.html I've seen reports that it is not actually S-FHSS capable. Genuine Futaba is out of question for me - I don't need it personally and am not so eager to just hack it.

If someone has this model from Banggood and can confirm that it is S-FHSS capable - it's doable (usual caveats - protocol complexity varies wildly).

More
04 Feb 2016 23:38 #42602 by mwm
If the goal is high quality receivers with S.BUS, the FrSky D16 receivers will probably be done first. That protocol is already being tested in open source.

But we'd still love to have futaba. The best ways to get it all start with buying a transmitter and receiver that use that protocol. If you've got those we can give you instructions on the next step. But until that happens, futaba in deviation won't.

More
05 Feb 2016 16:51 #42633 by phantom8
Replied by phantom8 on topic XK Protocol Question

victzh wrote: Yeah, time and efforts are not limiting factor - hardware is. It's expensive, and while I've seen some less expensive XK - www.banggood.com/XK-X250-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis...S-FHSS-p-974721.html I've seen reports that it is not actually S-FHSS capable. Genuine Futaba is out of question for me - I don't need it personally and am not so eager to just hack it.

If someone has this model from Banggood and can confirm that it is S-FHSS capable - it's doable (usual caveats - protocol complexity varies wildly).

The XK X250 is not using S-FHSS protocol. The Banggood product description is incorrect. It's actually using V2X2. On the other hand, the XK X350 & X380 are both using Futaba S-FHSS protocol.

More
05 Feb 2016 17:51 #42639 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic XK Protocol Question
@dc59, can you upload your pictures somewhere else and post links here?

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds