Should I be able to bind to an MCPx?

More
13 Sep 2012 21:19 #1590 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Should I be able to bind to an MCPx?

rototophe wrote: You know I was thinking reading your post about soldering to the AR6210 and this one being de facto pretty much committed to research now. I remember as well how you fried your logic analyzer a few weeks back and other expense involved in making the firmware a reality and improving it from this point forward. Why not setup a donation link somewhere where people could willingly contribute $5 or whatever they want to help covering expense related to developing and improving the firmware, hosting, and whatnot?

Thanks for the support, but my costs for this project come out of my recreation budget. When someone pays me for work (even if it is just a donation) I feel obligated to provide service, and that makes my projects a lot less fun to work on. So I prefer things the way they are.

Besides, I bought the AR6210 purely for the purpose of testing with (so it isn't really a loss), and the awesome guys at Saleae replaced my logic-analyzer for free despite being out of warranty (consider this an official plug for Saleae, they're great)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2012 19:05 #1624 by rototophe
Replied by rototophe on topic Should I be able to bind to an MCPx?

PhracturedBlue wrote: When someone pays me for work (even if it is just a donation) I feel obligated to provide service, and that makes my projects a lot less fun to work on. So I prefer things the way they are.

I totally understand what you mean :)

More
19 Sep 2012 13:15 - 19 Sep 2012 13:17 #1747 by hifinsword
Replied by hifinsword on topic Should I be able to bind to an MCPx?

magic_marty wrote: if you have the devo8s then it should work but if you have the plain devo8 then i think you need to add the telemetry module..

i found this on rcgroups posted by a member ...

Here are the steps on how to bind to DSM 2:

Prerequisite: Transmitter powered off, receiver/model powered off.

1. Power on transmitter.
2. Power on model (plug in battery). Will be in bind mode.
3. Go to transmitter and select bind.
4. Remove battery from model.
5. Plug in battery to model again.
6. Once model is powered up, the model will be bound.

If the transmitter is powered off and on again, this whole process needs to be repeated again.

It's been my experience (Blade 120SR and mSRX, DX6i) that steps 1 & 2 should be reversed. To initially bind, you hold up the bind switch, turn on the tx and then power on the helo/receiver. After 5 secs you release the bind switch. The red light on the rx becomes solid and stops blinking. Your helo is now bound. Once bound, you only have to turn on the tx first and then power up the helo.
Don
Last edit: 19 Sep 2012 13:17 by hifinsword. Reason: incomplete

More
19 Sep 2012 21:42 #1750 by kcornels
Replied by kcornels on topic Should I be able to bind to an MCPx?
I had to set a fix ID. Without I coudn't bind anything... .

More
01 Nov 2012 10:29 #2561 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Should I be able to bind to an MCPx?
Has anyone tried the ar7200bx since the new experimental version?
My ar7200bx is in my 300x. It's a little big to just bind and through into the air.

I'll try to bind it tonight and see how it looks on the bench with the motor disconnected, but if all the servos look stable I might just try to hover it in the garage... ;)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
10 Apr 2014 03:30 #22300 by anarchy
Replied by anarchy on topic Should I be able to bind to an MCPx?
I have two mcpx helis one will bind on my 7e running 4.1 in dsm2 only the other dsmx only don't know why as far as I know they are the same unit I have had them both torn down to the smallest parts and seen no difference but hopefully this will help with the problem some of you are having binding

More
10 Apr 2014 03:32 #22302 by anarchy
Replied by anarchy on topic Should I be able to bind to an MCPx?
I would set it down then see how far I could walk with it staying bound just incase

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds