SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

More
31 Jan 2015 21:54 #28303 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

Chadster wrote: I'm another newbie (we all started somewhere) and love the idea of using a devo 10 to control the x5c-1. I see scooterstew flew his indoors. Is this because it does not work for longer range, or indoors is just what you had available? Did you apply an aftermarket module?

The X5C-1 can fly outside great with Deviation without any problem :)
Scooterstew test his X5 indoors, because was a fast test, not a field test.
You need a nRF24L01 module installed into your Devo 10 to use this protocol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2015 23:54 #28306 by scooterstew
Replied by scooterstew on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

Durete wrote:

Chadster wrote: I'm another newbie (we all started somewhere) and love the idea of using a devo 10 to control the x5c-1. I see scooterstew flew his indoors. Is this because it does not work for longer range, or indoors is just what you had available? Did you apply an aftermarket module?

The X5C-1 can fly outside great with Deviation without any problem :)
Scooterstew test his X5 indoors, because was a fast test, not a field test.
You need a nRF24L01 module installed into your Devo 10 to use this protocol.

durette is right....
I only flew the x5c-1 indoors because of the weather being awful....severe weather warnings in the uk!!! lol.....put it this way if i flew outside at the moment the quad would probably end up in the next village! :) :)

More
08 Feb 2015 00:54 #28442 by Durete
@Hexfet
Did you find how to randomize the TX address?
I saw at your repo a new Commit with different bind channels :)
Or maybe I don't understood the commit :blush:
BTW, did you commit the code to enable Picture/video at DeviationTX repo?

Regards!

More
08 Feb 2015 04:20 #28446 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Got it :) (I think) With a nice new soldering iron and some practice I was able to attach probes to the FC. Please test the attached 7e build. It's working in my 10.

Changing the fixed id will change the tx address used and thus the channels. If you have any issues, please try with a couple different fixed ids. Even if you don't have issues it would be good to test a few different ids.

This code is pushed to my repo but not yet to deviationtx. I'll update there once some others have tested.

The protocol has 32 sets of channel sequences. The sequence used is determined by the last 5 bits of the tx address. The tx address always starts with 0xa2. The SymaX implementation sets the other 4 tx address bytes to (pseudo)random values.

The SPI pins on the Beken 2425 in 16-pin SSOP package are: 11:CSN, 12:CLK, 13:MOSI, 14:MISO. Possibly 10:CE and 15:IRQ. On the X11 FC the clock is 12MHz.
Attachments:

More
08 Feb 2015 10:44 - 08 Feb 2015 10:45 #28448 by Durete
Great! :)
It's working. Tested with 5 different Fixed Ids binding without problems with all of them. :)
Good job!
Last edit: 08 Feb 2015 10:45 by Durete.

More
08 Feb 2015 16:17 #28455 by makijaveli
Replied by makijaveli on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
I have syma x5c an have problem when I run drone lights glow constantly all the time. I’ve tried and reset by the controller but does not accept. Some advice, what’s the problem?
When I try to move it. the controller flashing sign that shows the drones (the top of the LCD in the middle)

The controller is flashing, then turning up and down and he lit constantly. But I can not challenge flicker in drones, not responding to commands

More
08 Feb 2015 20:02 #28474 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
@Hexfet, is your code available on your depo ? in which sub-branch ?

More
08 Feb 2015 20:03 - 08 Feb 2015 20:07 #28475 by hexfet

makijaveli wrote: I have syma x5c an have problem when I run drone lights glow constantly all the time. I’ve tried and reset by the controller but does not accept. Some advice, what’s the problem?
When I try to move it. the controller flashing sign that shows the drones (the top of the LCD in the middle)

The controller is flashing, then turning up and down and he lit constantly. But I can not challenge flicker in drones, not responding to commands

Are you using the stock controller that comes with the X5C, or with a Devo tx using Deviation?

If the quad is not responding to commands it sounds like they are not bound with each other.
Last edit: 08 Feb 2015 20:07 by hexfet.

More
08 Feb 2015 20:08 #28476 by hexfet

SeByDocKy wrote: @Hexfet, is your code available on your depo ? in which sub-branch ?

Yes, it is in the symax_x11 branch and default.

More
09 Feb 2015 13:24 #28484 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote:

SeByDocKy wrote: @Hexfet, is your code available on your depo ? in which sub-branch ?

Yes, it is in the symax_x11 branch and default.

Ok just picked up the two updated files (symaX and YD717) and recompiled fine with my actuall version (with a slightly modified V2X2 protocol to active 250Kbits datarate and FrSky telemetry update).

More
09 Feb 2015 15:13 #28489 by hexfet
That's good news. Did you fly any models with the new code?

If everything is working then we're probably done until Syma comes out with the next version. I plan to review the code to see if I can squeeze any bytes out, then get it up to deviationtx. Congrats to everyone! :)

More
09 Feb 2015 15:37 #28490 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote: That's good news. Did you fly any models with the new code?

If everything is working then we're probably done until Syma comes out with the next version. I plan to review the code to see if I can squeeze any bytes out, then get it up to deviationtx. Congrats to everyone! :)

Yes I flew it ... on my Syma X11. Flying great (without reversing channel of course) ... and I just received the Syma X8C for reviewing ... I will try later if it's compatible with this new protocol ...and to see if I will be able to check the camera activation.

Congrats one more time ... :)

Any news about the XN297 ?

More
09 Feb 2015 19:06 #28497 by SeByDocKy
Ok just tested the new Syma X8C (350mm brushed quadcopter). Everything is working perfectly with the new protocol... even to turn on/off camera.

Anyway, maybe some job to do... there is an "headless" mode which can be turn on/off by long pressing the left shoulder button....I will try to sniff the associated SPI data.

More
09 Feb 2015 21:49 #28511 by Durete
@ Hexfet.
Yesterday, I flew for about 5 lipo batteries my X11 and X11C with your new code without any problem. Just great!
The yaw problem detected the first day at my X11C was for sure a range problem with the stock transmitter. I checked the range some days ago, and was only about 50 meters.
With the Devo all the problems are gone. For me the code is working perfect.

More
09 Feb 2015 22:02 #28512 by Squirrel_D
Replied by Squirrel_D on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Hey guys, I'm really new to this stuff (quads flashing firmware, etc.) I was wondering if this should work with a Devo F4?

More
09 Feb 2015 22:18 #28513 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

Squirrel_D wrote: Hey guys, I'm really new to this stuff (quads flashing firmware, etc.) I was wondering if this should work with a Devo F4?

No, the F4 is not supported by deviation, because it has a too low specced microcontroller in it...

More
09 Feb 2015 22:25 #28514 by Squirrel_D
Replied by Squirrel_D on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Ok, guess I may be upgrading sooner than later then! Thanks for helping a noob out!

More
10 Feb 2015 02:21 #28525 by hexfet
Durete and SeByDocKy thanks for testing. I've updated the symax_x11 branch in the deviationtx repo.

Plenty of unused bits in the data packets so the X8C headless mode control will likely fit in somewhere. Will look when we have data.

I also would like to remove the rate control channel unless there's something special it does on the quad. It makes more sense with deviation to set the protocol to high rate always and use scale in the mixer to adjust rates. Comments?

More
10 Feb 2015 04:32 #28529 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote: I also would like to remove the rate control channel unless there's something special it does on the quad. It makes more sense with deviation to set the protocol to high rate always and use scale in the mixer to adjust rates. Comments?

I agree .... I was not aware there was a rate channel now ...
Sure let's simulate it via the mixer ...

More
10 Feb 2015 06:51 #28534 by Durete
I agree also. We can simulate with the mixer.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds