About telem alarm

More
29 Nov 2012 05:53 #3397 by suvsuv
About telem alarm was created by suvsuv
The current telem alarm logic is not good. Once a telem voltage is lower than setting target, alarm is triggered and never stop unless the voltage goes back up +0.5v above the setting target.

My minicp's voltage drops from 4.1v to about 3.5v when flying. I set the alarm value to 3.4v, if the alam is triggered, I don't see the heli's battery can recover back to 3.9v even it stops flying, so the TX keeps beeping.

I think we should check if the monitorer value is lower/higher than a target for a certain duration, e.g. 2seconds, instead of using hysteresis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2012 06:08 #3398 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic About telem alarm
Also, the current codes try to play 6 set of music to identify different telem configs.Think about that if more than 1 condition are met, could the TX play different tones at the same time?

More
29 Nov 2012 06:25 #3400 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic About telem alarm
Yep, I've already told, that the telemetry alarm sounds only once.
However in the DEVO 8 it doesn't beep continiously, just play it's tune once.

More
29 Nov 2012 06:27 - 29 Nov 2012 06:33 #3401 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic About telem alarm
I think 2 seconds is very long time. I don't know how frequently updated telemetry data, but if it is 50Hz, will be better to get 5 consecutive reading comply with the condition to trigger alarm, then reset counter. If one of that reading do not comply with the condition, reset counter.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2012 06:33 by vlad_vy.

More
29 Nov 2012 07:34 #3404 by suvsuv

vlad_vy wrote: I think 2 seconds is very long time. I don't know how frequently updated telemetry data, but if it is 50Hz, will be better to get 5 consecutive reading comply with the condition to trigger alarm, then reset counter. If one of that reading do not comply with the condition, reset counter.

the codes scan telem update for every 100ms , so 5 consecutive reading is only 500ms.

More
29 Nov 2012 08:08 #3406 by vlad_vy
It's more then enough, 0,5 sec delay (valid condition) before trigger alarm. I think 3-5 consecutive reading will be OK.

More
29 Nov 2012 13:11 #3410 by suvsuv
PB, I have checked in modified codes for Telemetry_update(), it check if the monitorer value is lower/higher than a target for a duration of 500ms. And the music is played for every 2 seconds.
Please check it out

More
30 Nov 2012 17:09 #3456 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic About telem alarm
I haven't forgotten about this, but I have other responsibilities that will limit the time I have to work on Deviation for a few days. I'll get to it when I can.

More
01 Dec 2012 01:44 #3478 by suvsuv

vlad_vy wrote: It's more then enough, 0,5 sec delay (valid condition) before trigger alarm. I think 3-5 consecutive reading will be OK.

Vlad_vy, please try attached dfu in your devo8. The telemetry alarm should work as what we discussed here.
Attachments:

More
01 Dec 2012 05:49 - 01 Dec 2012 10:23 #3483 by vlad_vy
I like this version. There is not too early alarms. The more average voltage is close to condition the more frequently alarm sounded. If throttle lowered, the alarm immediately stops.

I had 7 flights, about 38 min of flight time and now I'm completely satisfied with battery voltage alarm.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2012 10:23 by vlad_vy.

More
01 Dec 2012 06:05 - 01 Dec 2012 07:51 #3484 by vlad_vy
"Telemetry is turned off" - Nice warning, but without reading the user manual (new???) it will be difficult to find where it can be enabled.

Maybe better will be:
"Telemetry is turned off. See protocol options."

With this release I can't reproduce - 'Changing TX POWER causes TX reboot'.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2012 07:51 by vlad_vy.

More
01 Dec 2012 11:36 #3487 by suvsuv

vlad_vy wrote: "Telemetry is turned off" - Nice warning, but without reading the user manual (new???) it will be difficult to find where it can be enabled.

Maybe better will be:
"Telemetry is turned off. See protocol options."

In previous version, the telem option is easily to find, but PB asked me to put it inside the Devo button. Frankly speaking, I don't like the idea of letting textsel widgets have a button option, it is an example of good for coders but bad for users.

Attachments:

More
01 Dec 2012 11:55 #3489 by FDR
Yep, but then this setting should be optionally shown, depending on the selected protocol. When one changes the protocol, you should show or hide these settings on the same page...

More
01 Dec 2012 11:56 - 01 Dec 2012 11:56 #3490 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic About telem alarm
But inside the protocol options seems to be semantically correct. Users need to read the manual, at least once.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 01 Dec 2012 11:56 by sbstnp.

More
01 Dec 2012 12:28 #3491 by FDR
However I would let telemetry on by default.
It wouldn't make any difference, since the alarms should only sound if there was already at leat one successful telemetry receive...

More
01 Dec 2012 12:48 #3492 by vlad_vy
Ideally, will be better completely skip telemetry pages and eliminate telemetry pages from quick pages menu for all protocols without telemetry capabilities. If it's possible. It's not very nice to see pages that not working.

More
30 Nov 2014 14:55 #26682 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic About telem alarm
Hi, how does it work in V4.0.1 and Nightly-Build V4.0.1-92e1705?

Once a DSM telemetry alarm is fired (e.g fades=80, frameloss >40, hold >0, voltage) the Devo beeps and vibrates.

I seem not to be able to stop the alarm using a button like it is possible with the CLEAR button on the Spektrum DX8??
It makes sense to stop the alarm with a button and only re-alarm once the threshold is quickly reached again.

In (DX8) practice: You reset flightlog data with the Clear/Stop button.
For voltage you set alarming only to vibrate so it will continue (<=3,5V/cell steadily) or stop if voltage goes back to >3.5V (if you take down full throttle).

The manual tells nothing about stopping telemetry alarms once fired as it seems.
Have I overread or overlooked something?

Can you give me a tip?

Regards

Thomas

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds