Channel Scale.... and Travel Adjust

More
14 Sep 2016 15:24 #53863 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Channel Scale.... and Travel Adjust
I don't agree on switching to ms instead of percentages.
1st, as Mike said, percentages are the standars here, we are all used to it.
His second point about the mathematical operations on these numbers is very valid too, not to mention that the mixers are in a normalized abstraction layer, those values has nothing to do even with the phisical servo positions, nor with pulse widths.
I don't really understand why those FC configuration programs use ms. The more often there are no pulses at all, but only SBus or other digital protocols...
2nd the pulses are the function of the receivers with PWM (or PPM) outputs, so there is absolutely no guarantee, that all receivers make same length pulses from the same digital input value. Think about the PPM output in deviation: you can configure the min/max and midpoint ms values!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2016 23:47 #53895 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Channel Scale.... and Travel Adjust
I think there FC guys use pulse length because that's what they get from the hardware, and it's hard to see a good abstraction for them to replace it.

I found pulse width info really useful in my servo tester builds, so figured it would be nice from deviation as well. But if there's no way to compute what an Rx will do inside of deviation, then the option I suggested would do more harm than good.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
16 Sep 2016 11:15 - 16 Sep 2016 11:16 #53911 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Channel Scale.... and Travel Adjust
If these guys would use the setup tool for the FC in the right way, there would be no confusion.
Every receiver I use in the meantime, showed different midpoint and endpoints,
So what, extend the scale and search the midpoint with subtrim on the transmitter and it is done.
Who cares about pulse or percentage for this.
As a former fixedwing pilot I did much more care about the range on the ruder in millimeter... :lol:

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 16 Sep 2016 11:16 by aMax.

More
16 Sep 2016 19:16 #53925 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Channel Scale.... and Travel Adjust

aMax wrote: As a former fixedwing pilot I did much more care about the range on the ruder in millimeter... :lol:

One of the proposals that's been floated - stolen from the Taranis - is a programmable mixer. IIRC, the Taranis used python. That would let you get your rudder throw in mm. Or inches. Or furlongs.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds