I can't upgrade my Devo 10 to deviation software

More
12 Mar 2013 06:15 #7655 by murrayrg121
Beginner - I need help upgrading my devo 10. I downloaded the software from this site,but after I download the software and restart my transmitter I get the usb sign on my transmitter and nothing else happens.If I shut off the transmitter and turn it back on the screen flashes on and off and my alarm sounds.To get my transmitter to work at all I have to reload the walkera software. I have tried several times to reload the software but I keep getting the same results. What am I doing wrong? :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2013 06:29 - 12 Mar 2013 06:36 #7656 by vlad_vy
After loading firmware you need install filesystem for Devo 10.

Turn off the transmitter, and turn back on while holding 'ENT' button. There should be a USB logo on the screen.

If this is an upgrade from the Walkera firmware, the PC should prompt to format the drive. Format using default options. Next unzip the deviation-fs-devoXX-x.y.z.zip to the Tx USB drive.

Do not copy 'filesystem' folder itself, only folders and files inside it.

Full installation instructions:
To install when current firmware is Devention:

* Download the firmware dfu for your transmitter and the 'filesystem' zip file
* Unzip the 'filesystem' zip file
* Install firmware dfu for your transmitter
* Restart transmitter.
* Windows should ask to format the drive. press 'Ok' to format
* Open the new 'Removable Drive' in Windows explorer
* Copy the contents of the 'filesystem' directory to the 'Removable drive'. Do NOT copy the directory itself!.

The 'Removable Drive' should have the following in its root directory:
* tx.ini
* models
* language
* media
* template
* modelico

* Restart transmitter
Last edit: 12 Mar 2013 06:36 by vlad_vy.

More
12 Mar 2013 06:41 #7657 by murrayrg121
Replied by murrayrg121 on topic I can't upgrade my Devo 10 to deviation software
My computer does prompt me to format the drive and I do and I did download the XX text files but I am not sure how to just load the folder and files to the transmitter, but I will follow the instructions and try again. Thanks for the information.

More
12 Mar 2013 06:48 #7658 by vlad_vy

More
13 Mar 2013 00:18 #7665 by murrayrg121
Replied by murrayrg121 on topic I can't upgrade my Devo 10 to deviation software
Finally got the software working but I had to completely format everything first. Then load 2.1.1 and then the files from 2.1.0. One last question is there anywhere in the new firmware that lets you enable the throttle lock?

More
13 Mar 2013 05:07 - 13 Mar 2013 05:08 #7668 by sbstnp

murrayrg121 wrote: Finally got the software working but I had to completely format everything first. Then load 2.1.1 and then the files from 2.1.0. One last question is there anywhere in the new firmware that lets you enable the throttle lock?

Never heard of throttle lock before.

If you mean Throttle Hold then yeah:

1. On the channel config itself, set Safety to a switch like RUD DR and value to -100
2. On the THR Mix, you need to set it to complex and add a mix activated by the above switch with a fixed value curve offset of -100.

Please take the time to read through the manual and the forum, this question has been asked at least 100 times before.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 13 Mar 2013 05:08 by sbstnp.

More
13 Mar 2013 05:21 #7669 by FDR
Just to be clear, these are the two possible ways to configure the throttle hold. You don't have to do both, just one of them...

More
13 Mar 2013 05:34 #7671 by murrayrg121
Being new to RC helis I had no idea there was a manual and accordingly there were 99 other people that didn't know it existed, so It would be appreciated if someone could direct me to the manual.

More
13 Mar 2013 05:38 #7672 by FDR
Well, there is one in the main menu as "User Manual"... ;)
However it is for the DEVO 8, but you can download the DEVO 10 one from the "Downloads" menu under the "Documentation" section:
www.deviationtx.com/repository/Documenta...ion10UserManual.pdf/

More
13 Mar 2013 09:12 #7674 by murrayrg121

FDR wrote: Well, there is one in the main menu as "User Manual"... ;)
However it is for the DEVO 8, but you can download the DEVO 10 one from the "Downloads" menu under the "Documentation" section:
www.deviationtx.com/repository/Documenta...ion10UserManual.pdf/

Thanks for that info. I did read that manual and like you said it is for a Devo 8 so I will check that section out and download the Devo 10 manual. I appreciate the help and any information I can get.

More
13 Mar 2013 10:57 #7676 by FDR
You're welcome!
Actually you configure the DEVO 8 and 10 the same way, only the user interfaces are different...

More
24 Mar 2016 22:29 #45125 by Pauls

murrayrg121 wrote: Beginner - I need help upgrading my devo 10. I downloaded the software from this site,but after I download the software and restart my transmitter I get the usb sign on my transmitter and nothing else happens.If I shut off the transmitter and turn it back on the screen flashes on and off and my alarm sounds.To get my transmitter to work at all I have to reload the walkera software. I have tried several times to reload the software but I keep getting the same results. What am I doing wrong? :S

Had the same problem. Devo 10 with Nightly build Oct 25th 2015 installed. Couldn't turn on transmitter, screen flashes and alarm sounds. Had to just format the USB drive and copy back the files from last backup.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds