Double Horse

More
29 Mar 2013 05:07 #8236 by DarkWolf
Double Horse was created by DarkWolf
I didn't see anywhere on if Double Horse RXs were supported and wanted to double check.. I got an F45 and DH heli in a dirt cheap auction lot (along with a scrap? blade 120) and was hoping to at least bind it. The F45 I'll most likely pull the head for a FP450 build.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2013 17:00 #8372 by DarkWolf
Replied by DarkWolf on topic Double Horse
Guess that's a no... I tried binding to it with various prots, but could not.. Though I only have the v911 board installed ATM..

More
01 Apr 2013 17:12 #8373 by koonce0313
Replied by koonce0313 on topic Double Horse
I have a DH9116. It uses the same board as V911. I installed the board into my Devo 10 thinking that I could use it to fly my DH. The only response I could get out of the DH is the motor would turn then it would cut out like it lost bind or something. I played with every setting/switch I could think of and finally came to the assumption that it could not be done (by me atleast, I am no expert in Deviation). Good Luck, I hope you get it working. My bro-in-law put a Walkera RX in his DH and it flies perfect with Devo 10 Deviation. Worst case you could replace your RX. I didn't want to drop anymore cash into my DH. It was a great trainer for me. I retired it and moved onto to another. (6CH). Hate I couldn't be of more help, but if you do get it working please post about it.

More
01 Apr 2013 17:33 #8375 by DarkWolf
You're right. I was just about to post up the pictures from it (which I shall now do anyway)..

PB, I may have a spare RX board in this pile of parts (got a huge grab bag auction cheap.. 2 working heli, 1 blade 120sr parts, a v911 and crap tons of parts).. If I do, you want it to mess with?

More
01 Apr 2013 17:35 #8376 by DarkWolf
Board... Makes the same *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* as the V911 TX, too.. :p
Attachments:

More
01 Apr 2013 17:39 - 01 Apr 2013 17:50 #8377 by DarkWolf
Hey.. I just got it to bind.. Coppied over my V911 config and renamed it.. Cleared the Fixed ID and then turn off the heli and hit re-init, then turned the heli on..

It bound and the servos work. Will give it a test flight now.

[edit] Well.. The servos worked and the main motor was fine. Had the rudder reversed (and most likely aileron, too) so it tipped a bit.. Then I lost tail motor totally.. I think it's just that this thing was repaired like crap.

I'll run over it and put the factory (broken) TX back together.. Once I get it working I'll post the INI, ICO and any binding instructions.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2013 17:50 by DarkWolf.

More
01 Apr 2013 18:09 #8382 by DarkWolf
By the way, PB.. I'm fairly sure I'll have an MJX TX/RX (have to verify the RX works) that I can send you that I have no use for. However as we discussed before, it may not be worth it depending on how many of the MJX line actually use this TX. But at any rate, might add to your "to play with" stash anyway.. Just have to verify that this other RX works.

More
01 Apr 2013 20:03 #8401 by DarkWolf
Took a few minutes to fiddle around more once I got the original TX back together. Seems I have a sticky rear motor that likes to lock up on initial power.. I'll get it oiled up and test more..

Ok, with the 8S.. Pulled the main motor plug to keep from slashing my eyes open since I'm working close up..

Powered up and bound, all servos work and throw in the right direction.. Throttle works fine.. Tail however, is not responsive to stick movements or gyro.. It always runs at full blast.

I'm wondering if the tail isn't on a channel other than 4? Again, all else is fine, but the tail just runs at high speed.

Move back to the factory TX and bind it.. Again, servos and main are good. Tail spins up fine on throttle and is adaptive to the throttle position.

I would not think it'd be so complex as to work off of any mixes. Since the factory TX screen is cracked, I can not confirm what kind of settings are available on it, so not sure.

Opinions?

More
01 Apr 2013 20:31 - 01 Apr 2013 20:52 #8404 by DarkWolf
Well, this is perplexing. Got out the V911 heli and bound it to the DH transmitter. The channels functioned fine (but reversed on some).. Servos good, motor good, tail good.. Gyro worked and input on the rudder worked fine...

So, why on the 8S am I having issues with the rudder input not working, nor the gyro working..

Perhaps it's the range of movement? Seems like it runs slow at anything below -80, but as soon as it hits -80 it jumps to high speed.

[edit] Gah... Someone give your two cents.. Even hypothetical ideas.. This is going to drive me batty thinking about it.. Well, maybe I can get some physical work done on it this evening and make some more headway.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2013 20:52 by DarkWolf.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
02 Apr 2013 08:16 #8421 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Double Horse
I believe the straight ideas are off, so I offer some strange looking:
- Have you checked if the tail motor runs in the right direction? In combination with a too sensitive gyro the gyro will move it faster and faster when it can not correct the deviation ;-)
- There were older deviation versions which did not allow "none" as switch for a complex mixer. It was replaced by the first channel I think what should be aileron. Maybe a little jitter around 0 could cause to switch something on and off?
- The wires have no contact to other parts? I once had problems with a carbon tail boom and a bad tail motor wire isolation but I do not remember what the tail has done - was it off or running fast? I only remember that it was no longer controllable.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
05 Apr 2013 09:39 #8553 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Double Horse
Darkwolf,
is it gone now?
If not, try to recalibrate the tx (the sticks); maybe that helps.

More
05 Apr 2013 10:20 - 05 Apr 2013 10:28 #8554 by kille
Replied by kille on topic Double Horse
I think this is a generally problem with the DH9116.
Please look at:
openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3...94&hilit=9116#p44294

I have no solution for this issue.
One solution can be, to change the rx bort to the rx bord from the v912.

www.banggood.com/Wholesale-WLtoys-V912-4...V912-16-p-60691.html

I've found the information here:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1859719

Regards
Last edit: 05 Apr 2013 10:28 by kille.

More
05 Apr 2013 14:33 #8566 by DarkWolf
Yeah, I've given up on the DH board and TX and offered them up to PB. Simply can not get the tail to work, but it makes no logical sense since it's the same prot as the V911 and I can fly the V911 on the Devo OR the DH TX.

I've moved to ordering a V912 board, however it's wide spread knoledge that the servo throws are limited. They say it's on the board itself and that a signal is given by the TX to bump rates, but that makes no sense either.. So I'll have fun experimenting with this one.

More
27 Oct 2014 14:30 #26180 by Jerm357
Replied by Jerm357 on topic Double Horse
Any update on this? How did that v912 board work out?

I ran into the same problem with my custom 9116 and just like you the rudder just goes full blast with the throttle, everything else works just fine with the v911 config.

Im just trying to figure out what I want to do with it to control it with the Devo 7e. I only need about 60 or 70 on the high rates with this bird, so I don't think that the low servo throw will effect me too bad.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds