Devo 12 power off

More
05 Jul 2013 03:14 #11923 by Kdean
Devo 12 power off was created by Kdean
I noticed today that my devo12s sometimes takes a while to power down after the switch is put in the "off" position. This may be a hardware issue, but i wanted to post here to see if anyone is having the same issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2013 03:17 #11924 by adabman
Replied by adabman on topic Devo 12 power off
On mine, when switching off the power, I get a quick series of descending tones, then immediately the screen goes off, a little less than 1 full second after switching power to off.

Deviation :) 1 TX to rule them all...

More
05 Jul 2013 03:26 #11925 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic Devo 12 power off
Mine does the regular shutdown "sometimes", but there are times when i pull the switch down and just sit there for a long time waiting to see if it ever turns off. I end up pulling the switch up and then down again until it turns off. Sometimes its like a 5 second delay before it shuts down. And sometimes it shuts down right away.

I belive its the switch itself.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
05 Jul 2013 04:44 #11928 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo 12 power off
I have never noticed a delay with mine.

More
05 Jul 2013 07:12 #11929 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 12 power off
try pressing on the switch and see if it helps. The switches walkera uses are pretty shoddy and this is very likely a result of a switch beginning to fail. The switch can be easily repaired by using a pair of plies to press the board back against the body of the switch. I haven't had this issue with my devo12, but I have seen it with my devo8. The failure of the switch on my Devo8 also led to frying one of the turn-on transistors, though I can't say I am precisely sure of the correlation.

More
05 Jul 2013 07:16 #11930 by Kdean
Oh man, do you think i should go in and try to fix it now, or wait until the complete failure ( when i can no longer turn off my tx )? I really dont want to open it up with the chance of messing something else up.

More
05 Jul 2013 07:22 #11932 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 12 power off
I have never studied the Devo12S circuitry, and don't know the risks. However, if pressing the switch when turning it off reduces the turn off time, You switch is failing and will eventually fail completely. I believe the switch should be quite easy to remove and repair/replace. Removing the back chassis is probably more work that removing the switch. But I don't have my Devo12 open right now, so I can't say for sure.
I'm not sure if the Devo12 uses the same switch as the Devo8, but the Devo8 switch is a bog-standard slider that can be easily sourced.

More
05 Jul 2013 08:22 #11934 by Kdean
Thnx, i'll use it as is for now. I find that if im firm with it, it does what its supposed to do. I'll try to be carefull not to break it or damage it any further. If or when it does finaly break i guess i'll open it up and see what i can find. I just have to double check every time i shut it down.

More
07 Jul 2013 11:19 #12030 by Kdean
I think i found out what i was doing wrong. I started using my finger nail to push the switch up or down, not using my finger/thumb on top pressing down into the button. I think the "pressing" is causing the mechanics inside to get disturbed. Now that all force is in a direct up or down, and not into the button, i have not had any power down problems.

More
07 Jul 2013 12:27 #12033 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 12 power off
It's a bad sign anyway.
It might be connected to your main switch issue as well...

More
10 Feb 2015 21:56 #28550 by raidsm
Replied by raidsm on topic Devo 12 power off
Someone got a fix on that? I just got my 12s. Brand new, and sometimes does'nt turn off. As I bought it form HonkKong (miracle mart) I won't return it for an exchange if this problem is not serious enough to bother.

Also some notice that the walkers website doesn't provide support anymore for almost anything except devo f12 and some quad? it's been like this for about 3 week. They seems to be building a new website. My brother also got de 12s but with a 1.6 firmware and I can't find it anywhere. Someone have a clue? The more recent firmware a found was 1.5.. I will surely post in another topic for this ...

More
12 Feb 2015 23:44 #28609 by Kdean
I just found a way to insure that the switch works as it should every time. I have to use my finger nail and pry it to the off position from the top. Its a mechanical problem with the switch and I did not bother to open it up to investigate if it could be fixed. It worked fine for about two years now, just using finger nail.

More
15 Feb 2015 23:54 #28733 by raidsm
Thank you kdean I did the nail trick but for me, pressing with the thumb seems to work best. Sometime it takes 3-4 try before the tx goes off. As the tx is bnib I will contact miracle mart with this issue as it will probably go worst over time... I will have to wait a couple weeks before installing deviation. How do you find deviation firmware on you 12 vs stock?

More
21 Feb 2015 20:05 #28972 by Kdean
I've never used the stock firmware, always used deviation.

More
16 Apr 2015 20:23 #31258 by raidsm
I got an exchange for my devo12s. Everything is now perfect and I assume the power switch was faulty. I must say I'm impressed from miracle-mart as they paid for the shipping cost ;) :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds