Increasing range on devo10

More
09 Jul 2013 21:38 #12153 by ummagawd
Increasing range on devo10 was created by ummagawd
I've tried searching for "increase range" , "max range", "increase distance" as we'll as plain old google and even reading the last couple of pages. I'm usually not on one to ask, but I'm burnt out.

I'd like to know what my options are for increasing range out to 2.5km (or close). My FPV equipment (on 5.8) will do 2km before static, hence the 2.5ish goal.

My search has lead me to LRS setups (like dragon link). I believe I can use this with the trainer port.

However 30miles is overkill. I've read that some futaba modules will do 2km easy?

Anyways, if someone can help me understand what I have to do or even just give me links, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2013 02:00 - 10 Jul 2013 02:09 #12157 by ummagawd
Replied by ummagawd on topic Increasing range on devo10
Okay - made some progress. It looks like I can use a 2.4g wifi booster.

I plan to use this: www.ebay.com/itm/150969802664

The only part i don't get now is how to connect my devo 10 output signal to this booster? It looks like it takes "SMA"...

can someone help me out with what type of adapter I need?

OR can someone tell me if the antenna connection is the same as say a devo 7 or 8? (I see alot of threads on those Tx's and how they modify the antennas)

Thanks!
Last edit: 10 Jul 2013 02:09 by ummagawd.

More
10 Jul 2013 04:52 #12160 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Increasing range on devo10
that's the same one i looked at for my Devo8 but never confirmed for sure if it could be used to boost the range..on the devo8 it has the female sma connector.The aerial is male with the pin sticking out of it..

More
20 Jul 2013 17:14 #12377 by ummagawd
Replied by ummagawd on topic Increasing range on devo10
hey magic - sorry for the late reply (I didn't have notification turned on)

Anyways - a booster is a booster so this should be just fine for your devo 8. The question becomes HOW you connect to it.

I don't know anything about the 8, but on my 10, I will need a u.FL to sma male.

Basically, take the output signal out of your 8 and ensure the other end is an sma male as the input side of the sunhan is sma female.

Hope that helps.

ALSO, its IMPORTANT that your output is reduced to somewhere close to 20-30mW on your Tx, if you can't go that low... use an attenuator.

More
03 Jan 2014 14:50 #17838 by Kaizokupim
Replied by Kaizokupim on topic Increasing range on devo10
Hello guys. Did someone have succes to connect the Devo8s to a sunhan booster? How did you connect it? I read about a a u.FL to sma male, but can't you just connect the booster with sma to sma?

More
03 Jan 2014 15:11 #17842 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic Increasing range on devo10
Hi, you may also look at this:
< freeantennas.com/ >
I've seen posts of people getting enormous range increase simply with a "Windsurferantenna"

It works like a booster, but only in one direction.

More
25 Jan 2014 14:04 - 25 Jan 2014 14:06 #19081 by Kaizokupim
Replied by Kaizokupim on topic Increasing range on devo10
So I got my Sunhans 2W wifi booster the other day + a male/male sma connector and connected it all. It seems to work. I am still waiting on a SBEC to convert my 2s battery voltage to 6V. This is what it looks like now. I also lowered the dB output to 10 on my 8s.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2014 14:06 by Kaizokupim.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds