Hover throttle and pitch help

More
03 Nov 2013 22:29 #15302 by Diaz
Replied by Diaz on topic Hover throttle and pitch help
Ooooo man yes I I understand the frustration on bird man I believe ,please if any one can tweek the devation program where there is a screen for Throtle and pitch curve for it self and make it easy to enter the % and degrees of pitch and Throtle curves respectively it should make the deviation program a master piece if the century in the rc world. Come on is gone this far please let's see if the spektrum programing way can be used . I need help in this because I want to use this in large helicopters like the trex 600,700 and others can it be done? Thanks all you guys for the work and time you have put into this forum ...

Erik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2013 05:14 #15308 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Hover throttle and pitch help
There are throttle and pitch curves in the standard gui, but never will be in the advanced gui.

IMO the support of the standard gui will fade, because nobody is interested in developing it...

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
04 Nov 2013 06:49 #15314 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Hover throttle and pitch help
Diaz, a pitch angle based pitch curve would presuppose that the angles are known for at least two specific servo positions (e.g. -100%, 0%, 100%). If you know that (say +/-12° for +/-100%) you can easily work with some virtual channels to scale the curves down so you have a +/-12 value and scale up to the values your servo need. But this is only available in the advanced gui.

FDR, is there any need of development for the standard gui? I can't remember such requests, but I might be wrong.

More
04 Nov 2013 08:27 #15319 by FDR

rbe2012 wrote: FDR, is there any need of development for the standard gui? I can't remember such requests, but I might be wrong.

Yep, users often ask for it, for example to support airplanes, but I don't think that is the way to go...

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
04 Nov 2013 10:37 #15323 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Hover throttle and pitch help
Oops, you're right, I remember such wishes.

I don't understand too much of rc airplanes but in general I think it would be a good idea to construct a standard gui for planes similar to the one we have for helis. Probably it will have different pages, but the structure should be quite similar.
Or do you think we should not waste our time with this?

More
04 Nov 2013 11:22 #15325 by FDR
We went a little offtopic here...

I think deviation is not about the standard gui. However we didn't agree on this with Suvsuv, the developer of the standard gui...
But in the meantime more and more beginners started to use deviation, mainly because of the multiprotocol support, and the cheap 7E...

IMO deviation's core is too generic and complex for just implementing the standard tx features. It's channel configuring approach is a big obstruction for that too, because the needed functionality could be implemented much simpler in a function using predefined values, just like the stock one...
I think such firmwares do exist, but they mostly are in chinese...

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds