Align 150 DFC binding issue (DSMX)

More
26 Dec 2013 02:08 - 26 Dec 2013 02:26 #17038 by ave1
I know there are more important issues right now (as I read the forum constantly) and I am hopeful someone will take a second and read me..I apologize for my inability to learn this from reading instruction.

Align 150 DFC binds in both DSM2 and DSMX modes however, The DSMX mode will not always allow the heli to boot. It did and I hovered the heli for 2 batteries. 4 total times, I restarted w no issues. Then it would not initialize. Many times, It acts as if I am applying throttle during ESC/controller boot-up.

I will get a constant red light on the satellite showing I am bound. But only sometimes does it finish the boot up (initialization) and just beeps. The satellite is sold red.

It seems no issue on my DX8. DSM2 might be a bit better w deviation.

(is the frame rate automatically set at 11 ms when I select DSMX on my devo12 deviation?

devo12-v3.10-beta-11

another question, please. re-arrange my ch order? can this be done in the simpler set-up mode. Do I set the ch order in the advanced setup and then go back to the simpler setup? Is it not reset? In my defense, and after everyone (RBE and many others) have really spent time trying to help me learn yet, I am not clear on the advanced setup mode. I am dense, and feel guilty for asking any questions. I have done a search for DSMX and frame rates to no avail. I do not know if that is even at issue. I fly nothing buy FBL heli's so I can get by with the simpler setup mode on my Devo12 and deviation software.

Thank you,

Steve

I just re-bound and, it is working perfectly, just takes 30 seconds to initialize, sometimes but, for some reason, probably fault with pilot, it is working just fine, now.

I would enjoying hearing a brief comment on ch order. simple vrs. advanced setup
Last edit: 26 Dec 2013 02:26 by ave1. Reason: JUst started working, pilot error I am sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2014 02:46 #20416 by Waterfly
Replied by Waterfly on topic Align 150 DFC binding issue (DSMX)
I am having the same problem with a Devo 7E What did you do to make it initialize?

More
17 Feb 2014 02:59 #20418 by ave1
Replied by ave1 on topic Align 150 DFC binding issue (DSMX)
Oddly enough, it just takes time sometimes and also, at one point while in bind attempt, I switched number of DSMX protocol channels. Then I set them to 7. Then set them back to 8. Over all it seems to just be slow sometimes. Also, Try complete bind process using bind plug. I am not sure what caused this anomaly as it binds everything now and very quickly. I use a 12S

More
17 Feb 2014 03:10 - 17 Feb 2014 03:11 #20420 by jazzjohn
Replied by jazzjohn on topic Align 150 DFC binding issue (DSMX)
I've found the simplest way to get the desired channel order is to click on each template, starting with channel one, on the mixer page and choose the source. This is for the advanced gui and should be done before any curves, etc. are set up. The other way to change channel order would be to use the reorder screen, but it is very confusing in its present state.

I only tried the simple gui once but abandoned it after discovering it could not do what I needed.
If you chose dsm2 or dsmx in the model setup, the channels should automatically be in the right order for spektrum.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 03:11 by jazzjohn. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds