DEVO RX601 Install

More
08 Jan 2014 01:15 #18174 by drdisaster1
DEVO RX601 Install was created by drdisaster1
I have a Devo RX601 and want to install it in my DH9100 with Xtreme 180 Pro motor so I can use my Devo 7 or 7E TX with it.
I do have the plugs for conversion

A few questions:

1. Would this require an ESC?
2. How would batterY power hook up with it(which slot)?
3. What would be the max size battery I could use for it?
3. Could anyone provide a wiring diagram for for this conversion?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
08 Jan 2014 06:22 #18192 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic DEVO RX601 Install
1. In any case. I don't know it he 180 Pro motor is brushed (I assume) or brushless but in both cases the rx can not deliver enough power and will burn - besides that the signal coming from the rx (since it is no specialized for a specific Walkera heli model) is a standard servo PWM signal which you can't use to drive a motor. There are many other receivers from Walkera where the motor controller for brushless motors is built in - maybe you should get such a receiver, would make things easier.
2. Since you have to use a motor controller you will probably get one whit a builtin BEC - if you connect it to the throttle slot the receiver will be powered this way. If not, you would have to use a free connector or split a cable.
3. With a motor controller with BEC or an external BEC the manual can tell you what battery (which voltage) you can use with it. Since the voltage is regulated for the receiver (by the BEC) the battery voltage does not matter for the rx. The current is also not interesting - it should be enough to give you a sufficient flight time without wasting too much weight to make the heli slow and cumbersome.
4. Sorry, not me.

More
08 Jan 2014 06:53 #18197 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic DEVO RX601 Install
I'm not sure it will works by any way. DH9100 is very specific 3 channel heli with tail motor.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
08 Jan 2014 10:26 #18203 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic DEVO RX601 Install
In this case an extra motor controller for the tail is needed.
It sound really easier to me to take a receiver from e.g. CB180 which has a brushed main and tail motor and the motor controller included.

More
08 Jan 2014 17:36 #18231 by drdisaster1
Replied by drdisaster1 on topic DEVO RX601 Install
True, but the Devo RX601 is sitting right here in front me free of charge and I have Devo 7 and 7E TX's. If all I have to do is get a cheap ESC to make this work with my remotes, wouldn't it be worth it since cost would be very low?

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds