Devo 7e & DJI Naza - Would it work???

More
11 Jan 2014 19:31 #18372 by Hallywally
Devo 7e & DJI Naza - Would it work??? was created by Hallywally
Hi All,

Just a quick post to ask for some advice,

Im looking to use the Devo 7e paired with a 1002RX then ran in to a DJI Naza Lite for a quadcopter.

First question, is it possible to convert the Hold switch to a 3 position? and would this show as an extra channel in the software? I.E Hold2

Second Question, Would i be able to assign the 3 switch to use the 3 flight modes on Naza? GPS/Attitude/Manual? As i would need to possibly reverse the switches then adjust the endpoint in each switch to calibrate the naza switch.

Third question, would i be able to use the remaining 2 position switch to create a failsafe for the naza? I belive this is done by using a mix then negative endpoint values.

Any advice or help on this would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
11 Jan 2014 20:16 #18376 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo 7e & DJI Naza - Would it work???
With the official version of deviation it is actually not possible. There are some guys who use one or two additional (2- or 3-pos) switches with a patched software.
(1) Replace the 2-pos-HOLD-switch with a 3-pos-switch is not possible. In all Deviation-supported transmitters the HOLD switch is a 2-pos-switch so HOLD2 is not supported.
(2) Yes (not HOLD, but FMODE, AIL/ELE/RUDD DR, MIX).
(3) If failsafe works this way: yes.
Consider to use a transmitter with more switches like Devo10 or Devo8.
(1) and (2) only with patched software.

More
11 Jan 2014 22:03 - 11 Jan 2014 22:10 #18381 by Hallywally
Replied by Hallywally on topic Devo 7e & DJI Naza - Would it work???

rbe2012 wrote: With the official version of deviation it is actually not possible. There are some guys who use one or two additional (2- or 3-pos) switches with a patched software.
(1) Replace the 2-pos-HOLD-switch with a 3-pos-switch is not possible. In all Deviation-supported transmitters the HOLD switch is a 2-pos-switch so HOLD2 is not supported.
(2) Yes (not HOLD, but FMODE, AIL/ELE/RUDD DR, MIX).
(3) If failsafe works this way: yes.
Consider to use a transmitter with more switches like Devo10 or Devo8.
(1) and (2) only with patched software.

So just to clarify, On the Devo 7e its not possible to create a 3 position switch? or do you mean you can create one with the FMOD switch with a patch?

If it wasn't possible to do the 3 pos switch how would you cycle the 3 flight modes on the naza? GPS / Attitude / Manual on a 3 pos.

Thanks for the prompt reply :)
Last edit: 11 Jan 2014 22:10 by Hallywally.

More
12 Jan 2014 01:11 #18393 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 7e & DJI Naza - Would it work???

Hallywally wrote:
So just to clarify, On the Devo 7e its not possible to create a 3 position switch? or do you mean you can create one with the FMOD switch with a patch?

If it wasn't possible to do the 3 pos switch how would you cycle the 3 flight modes on the naza? GPS / Attitude / Manual on a 3 pos.

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

yes it is possible, but you need to install an extra 3 position switch, and also use a patched version of deviation, this will give you 3 flight modes, normal, st1 and st2. then you will still have 2 2pos switches left, one that is the dual rates switch, and the other is throttle hold, and throttle hold will provide what you require as a safety switch

instructions for how to connect the 3pos switch to the 7e, and also already patched firmware can be found by searching this forum.

More
28 Jan 2014 22:38 - 17 Mar 2015 22:04 #19348 by jamiedg
Replied by jamiedg on topic Devo 7e & DJI Naza - Would it work???
Yea - I got my Naza M lite to work fine with my Devoe 7e and Rx1002 :)

Note: when you connect Naza to Rx1002 channels 1 & 2 are crossed this is because Naza has Ch1 eg: Elev and this is Ch2 on Rx, so take care here.

Next, to get Failsafe working had to set Tx to bind with Fixed ID.

The build I was using from HappyHarry had my FMOD switch settings on Tx Ch7 but the FMOD on Naza is on Ch5, so connected Naza Ch5 to Rx Ch7

Set Ch7 Failsafe to 45 (when bind is lost Ch7 is forced to setting level 45)

On Ch7 I setup a complex mixer with 4 mixers = pages.

Page 1: Switch - FMODE0, Curve - Fixed, Scale - 70, MUX - Replace NORMAL
Page 2: Switch - FMODE1, Curve - Fixed, Scale + 5, MUX - Replace ATTITUDE
Page 3: Switch - FMODE2, Curve - Fixed, Scale + 90, MUX - Replace GPS
Page 4: Switch - AILDR1, Curve - Fixed, Scale + 45, MUX - Replace RTH

Note: RTH simply sets Naza in switched Failsafe, any Fmodes are ignored.

Loving Deviation, it's so flexible and easy to work with, thanks to PB, HappyHarry and others on this excellent forum.

Note: The Tx should of course be diode moded to increase power.
The added 3-way switch is called on-off-on

Hope this helps others thinking of using Naza

Update: added my model22.ini
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2015 22:04 by jamiedg. Reason: Request to add model

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds