Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.

More
14 Jan 2014 18:23 #18504 by glpdrum
I have connected my devo 7e to my vista desk top and at first connect the computer did it's normal "finding software" and then installed. Pressing ENT and powering up the TX simply goes to bind as if it was not connected to the computer. Pressing EXT and power up makes the computer beep as it does when connecting any drive. The RX shows connected but the computer does not show the drive nor does auto play open. The RX shows up in the Deviation upgrade software but obviously I have no files saved to upgrade. Has anyone been able to get a 7e connected to windows vista?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2014 18:50 #18505 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.
pressing ext while turning on puts it into upgrade mode, you wont see the drive in that mode.

is your ent button working as normal when using the TX? have you tried turning the TX on while it is connected to the PC, then going into the menu and choosing 'USB' then pressing enter?

More
14 Jan 2014 23:56 #18513 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.
Pressing EXT while turning on = Dfuse Upgrade Mode

Pressing ENT while turning on = USB mode

More
17 Jan 2014 02:55 #18574 by glpdrum
Replied by glpdrum on topic Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.
daryoon
There must be a problem with my ENT button or mode. It simply will not boot that way.

HappyHarry,
The Radio works fine in all aspects other than connecting to the computer as a drive. Not sure why. Iv'e tried everything I can think of. Thank you both for the feed back. I have an 8s on order and will see it the same problem still exist, After all vista is an old OS.

More
17 Jan 2014 19:56 #18598 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.
so when the tx is on, and you go through the menu to 'USB' and once in there press enter, does the message change from

USB
Press ENT to turn
USB drive On

to

Press ENT to turn
USB drive Off

?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
18 Jan 2014 07:22 #18621 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.
My 7e works without any problems at Vista 64. So I believe it is not a general Vista problem.
Do you see anything when you plug the 7e in in the device manager (like an "unknown device")?

More
18 Jan 2014 07:59 #18627 by glpdrum
reb2012,

No it does not show up at all other than in the deviation software. I can't find it anywhere to save the files.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

More
18 Jan 2014 17:14 #18637 by Daryoon
In additional to what HappyHarry wrote above as a possible fix for your problem of not being able to enter USB mode via the ENT button...

You can always enter USB mode via the menu option.

Of course, this all require you to be able to enter USB mode at least once so you can copy over the filesystem. I assume this is the actual step you're stuck at?

More
18 Jan 2014 17:16 #18638 by Daryoon
Reading your first post again. I think we need to pause and step back to clarify.

Have you updated your Devo radio to the Deviation firmware?

More
19 Jan 2014 18:51 #18703 by glpdrum
I guess not. Computer does not recognize the radio so I can't get any information passed from the computer to do so.

More
19 Jan 2014 23:48 #18729 by glpdrum
I have found it in device manager, software and drivers are up to date.

More
19 Jan 2014 23:51 #18730 by glpdrum
There is no USB mode in the menu?

More
19 Jan 2014 23:59 #18732 by Tom Z
The menu on the Tx?
If so I just made a video for someone who I am helping out.

Devo 10 USB Mode

More
20 Jan 2014 05:33 #18754 by Daryoon
That's the thing.

He would only see that menu, IF he was able to put the TX into USB mode right after flashing the firmware so that he can copy the filesystem over.

It's still not clear to me whether op had successfully flashed his radio with Deviation yet.

More
20 Jan 2014 08:08 - 20 Jan 2014 08:10 #18764 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.
That sentence made me wonder:

glpdrum wrote: The RX shows up in the Deviation upgrade software but obviously I have no files saved to upgrade.

Do you meen that you are able to connect your radio with the ‘DfuSe USB Upgrade’ tool from Walkera?
Then you should be able to flash deviation as described in chapter "2.1 New installation" of the "Deviation10UserManual"

After successfully flashing, - before any filesystem is there. - deviation should show this picture on the display of your TX:
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jan 2014 08:10 by linux-user.

More
20 Jan 2014 22:49 #18805 by glpdrum
It makes no sense to me that the radio shows up in the deviation software but I can get no connection through USB directly to the radio. Also when I extract files from the zips they show up but I can do nothing with them. rbe2012 said look in the device manager and it is there but the radio will not connect. The video that Tom Z posted shows USB on the main menu. That does not exist on my 7e.

More
20 Jan 2014 22:57 #18806 by glpdrum
linux-user
Go a little deeper in flashing or post a link please. Also I might add that I know all my settings so saving the files is not important, I am simply on a mission to figure this out. I have a devo 8s arriving soon and I'm using the 7e as my Guinea Pig so to speak.

More
21 Jan 2014 08:48 #18822 by sbstnp

glpdrum wrote: It makes no sense to me that the radio shows up in the deviation software

Which/what deviation software? There isn't any where your radio would show up into. I think you might be confusing the emulator with something else.

Please, tell us what are you doing, step by step.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
21 Jan 2014 15:10 #18835 by glpdrum
Step by step would be difficult due to the large number. All thats been said so far is pointless to the extent I cannot communicate with the radio via my PC. Why that is I don;t know, It will not recognize it as a drive from any available option. It has been mentioned if I flashed the radio to install deviation software and if this is step one I'm screwed. The PC will not connect to the radio period. There fore no steps can be taken that I'm aware of. I use mac computers and I'm a little lost on windows but there is no viable option I can think of if the radio does not show up under Computer/Drives etc.

More
21 Jan 2014 15:17 #18836 by glpdrum
linux-user was right, It is the ‘DfuSe USB Upgrade’ tool from Walkera that shows the radio connected.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds