Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.

More
21 Jan 2014 16:51 #18846 by sbstnp
I must say this if you haven't flashed the firmware yet it won't show up as an USB drive. Period. There's no if here. Stock firmware doesn't have USB mode.

So, first you must make sure DFuse sees the TX and you are able to flash the DFU file.

Next step is to turn off then turn on your TX, that will show the USB logo and it *should* show up as a drive you need to format as FAT before use. As far as my experience go I only used Windows here, though my main computer is a Mac.

To be able to help you, you must pass the flashing step first. That step is outlined in the manual and there are videos linked here that might help. Please try to follow the steps to the letter in order to not introduce extra variables.

Good luck!

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2014 16:56 #18847 by glpdrum
Replied by glpdrum on topic Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.
Good news and bad! I upgraded the software using the DfuSe USB Upgrade Tool and now I have the USB symbol pictured by linux-user. Bad new is that is all that shows up on the screen even when the USB is not plugged in!

More
21 Jan 2014 16:59 #18848 by glpdrum
PS, It does show up as a drive now on the computer.

More
21 Jan 2014 17:13 #18849 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.
LOL. That's what I was trying to tell you all along.

Step 1. Flash firmware with DFuse just like the Deviation manual instructed.

I didn't think you did that step yet. And yet you kept trying to jump to step 2 and 3.

Thus, why you didn't have the ability to enable USB mode and allow your Vista PC to see the radio as a drive.

And it was a bit frustrating when you kept sidestepping the one thing that would have fixed your problem and never acknowledge my response regarding that. :)

Happy you figured it out now.

Cheers!

More
21 Jan 2014 18:05 - 21 Jan 2014 18:06 #18853 by sbstnp

glpdrum wrote: PS, It does show up as a drive now on the computer.

That's very good.

Now, you need to format that drive as FAT.

Next, copy the filesystem contents on that new drive, properly eject (remove) hardware then turn off and on (pressing ENT might work as well here).

You should now have the Deviation splash screen displayed then main page.

Now, you can download pre built model files by the members of this community and learn how to program Deviation itself. Programming Deviation might seem difficult at first, but it really isnt, you just need to grasp the free form mixer, that's all. When in doubt, come here and ask, but please be specific (ex: how can I mix 20% rudder to aileron) as it's much easier for me (at least) to answer this kind of question.

Good luck!

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
Last edit: 21 Jan 2014 18:06 by sbstnp.

More
21 Jan 2014 18:09 #18854 by glpdrum
I got there, I can't seem to find my way around the menu? Setting DR and Expo etc. Where do I find pre built model files to download. Can't find them.

More
21 Jan 2014 18:35 #18857 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.
in the place that you should have been looking at from the begining of this thread, the deviation manual ;)

www.deviationtx.com/repository/Documenta...tion8UserManual.pdf/

More
21 Jan 2014 18:48 - 21 Jan 2014 18:49 #18860 by sbstnp

glpdrum wrote: I got there, I can't seem to find my way around the menu? Setting DR and Expo etc. Where do I find pre built model files to download. Can't find them.

That's something you have to learn by yourself. The manual is a good starting point and you will find information about Simple, Expo&DR and Complex mixers.

Stick to simple and expo&dr in the beginning, they are similar to what industry is using. Complex mixers are awesome, but you need to understand the whole input -> output transformations steps first.

Read the manual, "dry run" models first by configuring and checking channel monitor. If you have a copy of Phoenix or RealFlight, you can test out model config there first.

But, do read the manual, people have gone greats lengths in order have a manual out there.

Good luck!

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
Last edit: 21 Jan 2014 18:49 by sbstnp.

More
21 Jan 2014 20:55 #18867 by glpdrum
How do I save my settings after I have made them?

More
21 Jan 2014 21:49 #18872 by HappyHarry
it auto saves itself when you switch off the tx or change to another model

More
22 Jan 2014 00:42 #18890 by glpdrum
HappyHarry,

I don't know if I'm holding my mouth wrong or I've been using Macintosh computers too long. I had to re do the settings four times until I went in the menu and told it to copy before I turned it off. The good news is the 7e is working fine, the bad news is I'm starting my 8s right now.

More
22 Jan 2014 04:56 #18894 by glpdrum
Never minde the bad news,, The devo 8s went without a hitch thanks to all of you!
Your help is greatly appreciated!

More
22 Jan 2014 09:36 - 22 Jan 2014 13:33 #18910 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic Devo 7e not found as drive by windows vista.
... and the good news:
Now you can use your beloved Macintosh to save your "Model.ini" files to your PC. Or copy some prebuilt Models from the members here: < deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs >
Tom Z has made a lot :)
Last edit: 22 Jan 2014 13:33 by linux-user.

More
22 Jan 2014 13:09 #18914 by HappyHarry

glpdrum wrote: HappyHarry,

I don't know if I'm holding my mouth wrong or I've been using Macintosh computers too long. I had to re do the settings four times until I went in the menu and told it to copy before I turned it off. The good news is the 7e is working fine, the bad news is I'm starting my 8s right now.

I wont go into guessing what your problems are but if your 7e isn't saving changes when you turn it off or change to another model then it is not working fine ;)

More
30 May 2014 00:21 #23756 by roy
I just had the same problem with Vista. How I got it to work was after downloading 7E firmware and turning off the transmitter
I closed the DfuSe program,
used the Safely remove devise and
then turned the transmitter on while depressing the ENT button.
I checked the safely remove hardware again and the 7E showed up as connected by USB as removable disk J.
Before I was still in DFU mode and not USB.

Copied folders over, safely removed devise, unplugged the USB, turned it on and all is good. Hope this helps.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds