Questions for the Devo 7e! Please Help!

More
22 Jan 2014 18:12 - 22 Jan 2014 18:13 #18931 by SilasM16
Questions for the Devo 7e! Please Help! was created by SilasM16
Hey everyone!

Before I upgrade my Devo 7e to this Deviation software, I had a few questions. Just as a precaution before I did this, I wanted to clear some things out.

1) How do I back up all my models/info that I currently have on my Devo 7e? I have tweaked and fine tuned every model to my liking, and I don't wanna lose that when I switch.

2) Is there a way for me to go back to the stock Walkera settings if I do not like the UI of Deviation? Can I reload my backed up data onto the transmitter if I go back to the Walkera settings?

3)Are all the settings that are on the stock Walkera software also in the Deviation software? Like will i be able to set my 5 point pitch/throttle curves and see the graph of what the curve looks like, or is it more complicated to fine tune my helis?

4)Is there any possible way to transfer my models from the stock Walkera settings to Deviation? Or will I just have to put in all the curves and numbers again?

5)Besides being able to bind with my blade/align helis, what are some other main advantages of having this Deviation software over the stock Walkera software?

Thanks guys, and sorry for all the questions. I just do not want to end up doing this and regretting it, nor do I want to lose all of my data and have to start everything from scratch. :pinch:

Please help!

Silas
Last edit: 22 Jan 2014 18:13 by SilasM16.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2014 19:03 - 22 Jan 2014 22:08 #18935 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Questions for the Devo 7e! Please Help!

SilasM16 wrote: Hey everyone!

Before I upgrade my Devo 7e to this Deviation software, I had a few questions. Just as a precaution before I did this, I wanted to clear some things out.

1) How do I back up all my models/info that I currently have on my Devo 7e? I have tweaked and fine tuned every model to my liking, and I don't wanna lose that when I switch.

See my video:

How to Save/Load Models for Devo TX w/USB

2) Is there a way for me to go back to the stock Walkera settings if I do not like the UI of Deviation? Can I reload my backed up data onto the transmitter if I go back to the Walkera settings?

Yes, reload the Walkera Factory Firmware and Library.
I have done it so many times I lost count...

How to Update Firmware for Devo TX w/USB Port

3)Are all the settings that are on the stock Walkera software also in the Deviation software? Like will i be able to set my 5 point pitch/throttle curves and see the graph of what the curve looks like, or is it more complicated to fine tune my helis?

Yes and much more! There are 3, 5, 7, 9,11, 13 point curves and graphs to see them.

You should download the user manual. It will show you all the features of the
deviation software and how to make models, settings, and much more.

deviationtx.com/repository/Documentation/

4)Is there any possible way to transfer my models from the stock Walkera settings to Deviation? Or will I just have to put in all the curves and numbers again?

No. You will have to start all over again from scratch for all the models you want.

There are a lot of models on this site that you can load and fly.

I have a lot of them and I am still making more.

deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/2555...pter-and-quad-models

5)Besides being able to bind with my blade/align helis, what are some other main advantages of having this Deviation software over the stock Walkera software?

Thanks guys, and sorry for all the questions. I just do not want to end up doing this and regretting it, nor do I want to lose all of my data and have to start everything from scratch. :pinch:

Please help!

Silas

Here are some more videos of mine.

How to upgrade Devo TX to Deviation Firmware

deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1094-how-to...iation-firmware#3436

How to Import/Export Deviation Firmware Models

deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1112-how-to...firmware-models#3519

Last edit: 22 Jan 2014 22:08 by Tom Z.

More
23 Jan 2014 18:44 #19002 by glpdrum
Replied by glpdrum on topic Questions for the Devo 7e! Please Help!
The Deviation Firmware is far superior IMHO, The radio seems to come alive and perform better. For example I had a twitching servo issue I could not figure out. I had done everything I could think of. I don't understand how or why but after the upgrade it stopped. There is a slight learning curve but with Mixer GUI in Standard mode you will be able to get around in a similar manner. When my 8s arrived I turned it on to make sure it was working properly and then went strait to the PC for the upgrade.

PS, Read The User Manual, i did't and asked many questions that are there.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds