Compatibility with TAPATALK is it possible?

More
31 Jan 2014 21:18 #19530 by matrixFLYER
Compatibility with TAPATALK is it possible? was created by matrixFLYER
Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to make this forum tapatalk compatible.
The topic has been locked.
More
31 Jan 2014 21:49 #19531 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Compatibility with TAPATALK is it possible?
I should probably put this in the FAQ.

I have no interest in making this forum easier to use from a mobile device. All of my experience is that content goes way down when users use mobile devices. Spelling gets worse, responses get shorter and less thought out. We already have a difficult enough time communicating considering how many users have English as a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) language, and I don't want to make it any worse. I don't think mobile computing provides a benefit to the community as far as this board goes, and so I am not interested in making it any easier for those of you who choose a mobile platform.
More
31 Jan 2014 22:11 #19532 by Shanman3us
Replied by Shanman3us on topic Compatibility with TAPATALK is it possible?

PhracturedBlue wrote: I should probably put this in the FAQ.

I have no interest in making this forum easier to use from a mobile device. All of my experience is that content goes way down when users use mobile devices. Spelling gets worse, responses get shorter and less thought out. We already have a difficult enough time communicating considering how many users have English as a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) language, and I don't want to make it any worse. I don't think mobile computing provides a benefit to the community as far as this board goes, and so I am not interested in making it any easier for those of you who choose a mobile platform.

I agree 100% with PB here. It would make the already usual misunderstandings virtually intolerable based on the 'auto correct' and short, incomplete replies etc.

Just my $.02 worth :dry:
More
31 Jan 2014 22:35 - 31 Jan 2014 22:36 #19535 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Compatibility with TAPATALK is it possible?
strange as it seems to you two but i'd say half of my participation on this forum is done through mobile devices ;)
Last edit: 31 Jan 2014 22:36 by HappyHarry.
More
31 Jan 2014 22:42 #19536 by PhracturedBlue
I didn't say I wanted to ban mobile users, just that I wasn't interested in making it any easier for you :)
More
31 Jan 2014 23:53 #19540 by matrixFLYER
Replied by matrixFLYER on topic Compatibility with TAPATALK is it possible?
I was thinking of it to be useful for reading more then writing.
More
01 Feb 2014 04:46 #19545 by Kdean
100% of my participation has been done from my cell phone. Using the full site is not a problem for me. My iphone has spell check :)
More
01 Feb 2014 04:52 #19546 by PhracturedBlue
I don't think further discussion of this will be productive. There is little chance of changing my mind. Sorry folks.
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds