Icon Building

More
23 Feb 2014 19:28 #20800 by ave1
Icon Building was created by ave1
Built a new Icon for Trex250DFC and it will not show in my model icon file. Can anyone tell me why? 12S I see the file name but it is transparent, but a button press works.

Thanks,

Steve
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2014 21:01 #20804 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Icon Building
Because it is not in the proper format. It's RGB 32bit, but should be 16 bit RGB565 (as my version) or ARGB1555 if you want transparency...
Attachments:

More
06 Mar 2014 16:29 #21299 by Mikulas
Replied by Mikulas on topic Icon Building
Excellent! My MiniCP icons didn't display properly in my TX Devo 8S and I didn't know why. For some reason the Devo 8s diplays the colors wrong in the ARGB format. I switched to RGB and they look awesome! :)

More
06 Mar 2014 16:45 #21300 by ave1
Replied by ave1 on topic Icon Building
what program do you use to make bmp's for my 12S?

More
06 Mar 2014 21:25 #21306 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Icon Building
I use GIMP, it's over kill for making icons, but it does have the ability to save in the correct format. Search the forums here though. Someone has created an easy to use application, drag and drop as far as I recall.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
07 Mar 2014 08:29 #21334 by linux-user

More
07 Mar 2014 09:25 #21335 by ave1
Replied by ave1 on topic Icon Building
Thank you.

I wanted you to know it was something you said. Some piece of advise or training and all of the sudden, I was building models in the advanced GUI. Thank you for that. I am sure there is so much more to it but, I can now get a heli off the ground and my flying skills well, sometimes the skids even stay on the ground in a correct orientation... Not always :)

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds