Newbie problems with advanced GUI, complex mixer

More
28 Mar 2014 21:07 #21917 by mattygerman
Hi everyone,

I recently installed Deviation 4.0.1 on my Devo 7e and I really love it!
After successfully setting up my Walkera New V120D02S with the "standard 6 channel" template I am now trying to understand the advanced GUI and the complex mixer(s) and I am totally stalled.

First, I used the initial model config and simply switched from "Standard" to "Advanced" GUI. Then I edited channel 3 (throttle) to see and eventually edit my two throttle curves (by editing the model.ini file I am already understanding that pitch curves are assigned to a virtual channel).
However, I can only see one throttle curve.
I am switching from "Mixers 1" to "Mixers 2" and nothing changes. Editing the "Page" doesn´t help either.

So, my first question is: How do I EDIT the different mixers under the "complex" menu?

When editing the "old" model file failed I reset the model configuration - of course it´s saved on my computer :cheer:
Then I tried to create two throttle curves from scratch under the "Advanced" complex GUI.
This failed as well because I did not see any possibility to save a new mixer with DIFFERENT settings.
I can save any mixer designated as "Mixers 1".
However, when I simply select "Mixers 2", change the settings and save everything it just overwrites the "old" settings assigned to "Mixers 1".
I tried everything from saving every little step, i. e. change, to creating a new page, or mixer, in the "Page" submenu.
No chance so far.

So, where´s the trick here to create different mixers with different settings?
Which important step am I missing?

Any help is much appreciated!

Best regards,

Matthias

P. S.: I am attaching my model.ini created with the "standard 6 channel" GUI. (I deliberately set throttle as well as pitch curve(s) 1 to the values shown. Some "impossible" values for the standard GUI, e. g. the timer switch or 7 point curves, were simply changed via direct file editing which works quite well)

File Attachment:

File Name: model1.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2014 09:17 #22046 by mattygerman
Replied by mattygerman on topic Newbie problems with advanced GUI, complex mixer
This is solved now.
Please see my tutorial "How to create a complex mixer or complex template" in the "Tutorials" section.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds