Max rx voltage

More
15 Apr 2014 07:26 #22416 by Kdean
Max rx voltage was created by Kdean
This has nothing to do with deviation, but i could not find any specs on the devo rx's (at least not what i'm looking for).

Can i run HV servos and a FBL unit on a 2s rx pack plugged directly into a devo rx?

That would mean passing 8.4v through the rx, unregulated, to power everything.

Would this damage the rx?

The walkers specs say that 4.8v is normal, but does not mention a MAX voltage that they can handle.

Or, should i just invest in an expensive spectrum power bus rx?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2014 07:35 #22417 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Max rx voltage
Many times I use RX802 with battery 7.6V without problems. Other user use it with battery 8.2V without problems also.

More
15 Apr 2014 08:07 #22418 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic Max rx voltage
Thanks V.

I've got an Assault 700 DFC on the way and want to use a devo setup w/telemetry in it. I will run some tests on the bench to make sure I dont smoke anything.

More
15 Apr 2014 23:20 - 15 Apr 2014 23:22 #22436 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Max rx voltage
Nice! I just finished my Whiplash 700 Gasser. It's an awesome sized heli. Previous to that my largest was a 620. I've gone to the dark side and ordered a Futaba 10J to fly the big helis with. I'm not having much luck with binding failsafe into my DSMX rx's. Most likely it's a problem with the OrangeRX's, but on a 27cc Gas Heli swinging 710mm blades, I want failsafe working! ;)

I know I could use my rx802's, but I have a CGY750 on Sbus and it uses 10 channels. I'm using the Orange RX's with SBUS and it does work, just no failsafe.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 15 Apr 2014 23:22 by Hexperience.

More
16 Apr 2014 01:44 #22438 by unclecrash
Replied by unclecrash on topic Max rx voltage
Can't you run one like we do on gas airplane's? Been a while but I think it;s optical hooked up to a switch. Hit the switch kills the engine. I did one on a 20cc gasser but sold the radio before I Maidened it, so I have to install the 12s on it. But that's not going to happen for a looong time till I learn this new Radio or sell it which ever comes first :)

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds