master cp - almost no lift

More
21 Apr 2014 22:03 #22639 by glenby
master cp - almost no lift was created by glenby
Hi All,
I have a master cp and am using the walkeraCP model.ini's for deviation4 on my devo10 (thanks tomz).

The heli has slow lift and when I put it to full throttle, it seems that the motor just cannot cope with the pitch settings and it has less lift than at 70%.
Putting it in fmode1 seems to give it some more lift but that it because of high throttle at lower pitch.

I lowered the max pitch setting but it doesnt seem to have helped. People seem to fly it ok on youtube.

is this just me? underpowered motor or something else?
My mini CP is great and does everything well, the 450d03 is also good using the same config (copied to each model)

side note: I also changed the speed setting on the servo's as the response was late and slow. it is now on 40 (which made all 3 fly more responsively)

a few disparate kites

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2014 01:35 - 22 Apr 2014 01:37 #22647 by Hondawasaki
Replied by Hondawasaki on topic master cp - almost no lift
I am not a expert but it sounds kind of like the heli has a issue ...if the mix works with the other larger and smaller bird ...maybe the main motor is going out in the mastercp.
also double check the swash plate to make sure 0 pitch on the sticks = 0 pitch on the heli ... could be something going on ...
Last edit: 22 Apr 2014 01:37 by Hondawasaki.

More
22 Apr 2014 21:00 #22659 by priolo
Replied by priolo on topic master cp - almost no lift
the main engine of the master and brushed and makes very few flights, try to replace it

More
23 Apr 2014 11:22 #22665 by RRacer
Replied by RRacer on topic master cp - almost no lift
I had the main motor go out after about 100 flights, and that's on par with what I heard from others.
It doesn't just stop to work, you get a gradual decline in performance.

More
24 Apr 2014 05:06 #22682 by glenby
Replied by glenby on topic master cp - almost no lift
thanks guys.
I will check pitch first and see how it goes.
the motor would not have done 50 batteries in flight and usually just circuits, so it shouldnt be on the way out yet.

If it is the motor, I might check out a brushless option and give it a bit more oompf.

this heli seems to be the right size for me just not having a great time with it.
Servo going on first landing and within 5 flights the power didnt cut off quick enough, catching blades in grass which broke the frame at the top where main shaft goes in.

Yesterday, one of the FBL pins went at 20ft, looked like a seagull with a broken wing as power doesnt shut down immediately. more $$'s into this one.

*sigh*

a few disparate kites

More
24 Apr 2014 23:10 #22702 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic master cp - almost no lift
Some things on the Master CP.

The pitch has been customized for all out 3D with no bogging.
If you need more pitch or don't 3D and want more pitch you can turn the pitch up. Try 65%- 70% or even higher.
I have pitch travel set at 54% H > 54% L

For those who haven't heard the Master CP and some other helicopters like the Super CP, there is a throttle hold shut off delay. "When you hit throttle hold there is a 1-2 second delay when you engage the Throttle Hold. "When you hit the throttle hold switch the helicopter keeps on spinning at speed for almost 2 seconds. This is causing severe damage on impact as the helicopter is still going at speed".

Some of you may know I test and review products for Walkera and work with their engineers. I reported the throttle hold shut off delay to them and they responded that they made it this way. They don't want the helicopter to come down hard in a crash when you hit TH. I told them helicopters are getting damaged due to the motor is still running. People even sent a petition to Walkera about this but they won't change this bad feature they put in it.

The Master CP servo gears are extremely week. They can strip just buy moving them and some even strip in flight.

glenby, first thing is to check setup on the helicopter. We know the model file is working correctly.
Make sure you have zero degree pitch at mid stick. If you have a pitch gauge check your pitch also.

Some causes of "heli has slow lift" could be a bad connection, weak battery, weak motor, motor pinion loose(slipping), bad ESC, not enough pitch, too much pitch, not enough headspeed, bad teeth on main gear, main gear slipping on main shaft.

More
25 Apr 2014 02:03 #22708 by glenby
Tom,
the model file works well with the mini and the 450d03, so happy on that front and again, many thanks for putting them together.
the CP has been a bit slow to respond since day one. I upped the servo speed and now it respondd very nicely to controls (so do the others).

I will definitely check trims when I get the replacement bits.
the rest seems ok but I will check.

pitch wise, if I put the model in fmode1 or 2, there seems to be more but I think that is due to motor at high speed with less initial pitch.

maybe I should just stick with the mini cp and get another one so I can fly, swap, fly to let motor's cool down.

Newbie blues

thanks again all.

a few disparate kites

More
01 May 2014 00:32 #22812 by Hondawasaki
hmm maybe copy the file to a new model and name it CP . then fine tune it till it will fly good ... you said it works better in the 3d modes . so change the throttle curve in f mode 0 so it stays in sport mode but has more throttle than before.

More
01 May 2014 00:47 - 01 May 2014 00:49 #22813 by Hondawasaki
try this version on a different Model file .
It is the same file with a couple changes in fmode 0 .
IT will have more throttle and more collective input .

File Attachment:

File Name: model25.ini
File Size:3 KB

To increase the cyclic response . reduce the expo on ch1 and ch2
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 May 2014 00:49 by Hondawasaki.

More
07 May 2014 06:13 #22958 by glenby
I am waiting on linkage pins, so when I get them I will have a go.
(digital pitch guage in the shipment tooo.)

While waiting, I am also playing with a HK-250 which I built.
same size and just getting it off the ground.
flybarred and belt drive tail but it should be fun. may make it fbl one day but not soon. The CP should be good.

a few disparate kites

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds