Devo 7e DN button issue

More
18 May 2014 21:57 #23323 by oldyoyoguy
Devo 7e DN button issue was created by oldyoyoguy
Hi, I'm a newb. I've got a Devo 7e running Deviation 4.0.1-1. I'm not sure when this started happening, but I noticed that the DN button is no longer working; UP works fine. Generally I wouldn't have a problem with this, since on most of the menus UP/DN tend to wrap, but not when you're selecting models apparently. I was wondering if this is definitely a hardware issue (e.g. switch has just given out), or if there is something in the software that needs tweaking. I've tried reflashing the firmware with no luck. I broke into the unit and tried the microswitch directly with no change in behavior. I'm guessing I'll have to replace the switch. It looks straightforward enough with only five leads, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm getting myself into. I'm kind of surprised the switch would fail, I've only had the unit for a few months and I don't use those buttons that often. Thanks for any guidance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2014 00:38 #23324 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Devo 7e DN button issue
Hi

You really need to put a meter across the switch, so you can be sure switch is duff.
Now if it turns out switch is bad. And to check its only the switch that's bad, solder two wire either side and check how it work then.
Hopefully its that but if not you'll need to track back circuit and if there's a break in circuit.
If you struggle finding circuit I've got some picture of pcbs I'll edit to show the route.

Good luck

More
20 May 2014 15:26 #23400 by oldyoyoguy
Replied by oldyoyoguy on topic Devo 7e DN button issue
Hmm, well, before scoping the switch I managed to download the original 7e firmware from Walkera and loaded it up. Lo and behold, the DN button works with that firmware. But I'm trying to talk to a couple of DSMX receivers so I don't think the original firmware will work for those. Besides, I like Deviation! So at this point I'm not sure what to do. Should I try hacking the Deviation button code to attempt to get it to work with my wonky transmitter? Is there some other way to get my DN button to work with Deviation? Or do I have to swap the models in the filesystem to get the one I want?

More
20 May 2014 15:48 #23402 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Devo 7e DN button issue
Well I didn't expect that reply :-)

Well try an older version just for testing and pre-complied but make sure new enough so your screen still works.

You may want to wait for better reply, sorry.

Out of interest when did you buy your TX, Local or overseas ?

More
20 May 2014 18:03 #23409 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Devo 7e DN button issue
Of course not. That just means good news for you. Since you verify that the actual button is not defective.

Obviously, there must be an error somewhere in either the version of Deviation you're using...or how you loaded it. Otherwise, the issue would certainly be noticed by many of us.

So I suggest you try installing Deviation once again? Then let us know. I am sure we can help you through it and figure out this issue.

More
20 May 2014 23:29 #23429 by oldyoyoguy
I went back to both 4.0.0 and 3.0.0 and the DN button did not work on either version. I will reinstall 4.0.1-1 now and see if that changes anything. I got my unit from Banggood in January.

More
21 May 2014 20:04 #23477 by oldyoyoguy
Nope, no change. I also noticed that my nQX will slowly rotate and circle clockwise with the 7e, but not when bound to an MLP4DSM. I can trim away the circling OK, but it continues to rotate even with full rudder trim. I've included the model file I'm using if anyone's interested (trim values are back at default).
Attachments:

More
17 Jun 2015 17:34 #34229 by oldyoyoguy
I know it's been a year, but what the heck. I tried the most recent nightly and the problem is still there. Now when I try to switch model files the Up key doesn't wrap the way it does in other modes, so I'm stuck with whatever is at the top as model1. Any way to get the Up key to wrap on model selection? Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds