Models not working with Deviation 4

More
19 May 2014 19:38 - 19 May 2014 23:50 #23368 by seaholic
Models not working with Deviation 4 was created by seaholic
I loaded the new version of Deviation 4 to my Devo 10 with no problems.
The model that I have been using to fly my V-tailquad and T-copter for the past year is not working very well now. The T-copter is acting real squirrely and unstable. It wants to rotate instead of fling in a straight line. Also there or other issues too.
I am sure it something that I am doing wrong.
I downloaded 2 different models.
1.The KK2.0 multi Model 28_20 from Tom Z
2.Model 10 from r1turk80 which was a great model that worked on all my custom builds.
I am guessing that the models built on the older version do not work with 4.0?
Also it has been so long since I have loaded models to my TX. I forgot how to remove the URL shortcut from the file. This is how I have to install the files to the model.
I open up the model that I want to use, then I copy all the data in the file. Then I opened up a model not used in my TX, delete the data from that model.Then I copy the new data to it. Not sure if that is the problem or not.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Last edit: 19 May 2014 23:50 by seaholic. Reason: For better understanding

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2014 04:17 #23388 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Models not working with Deviation 4
Q: I am guessing that the models built on the older version do not work with 4.0?

A: Correct.

My KK2.0 model is made for V4 firmware only.
I am not sure if it will work on a Tri-copter. I would think so as long as you have Tri-copter selected on the KK2.0 FC.

I have a detailed setup guide for the KK2.0 on my web site that might help you. www.rcproreviews.com/kk2-0-flight-contro...-setup-and-settings/

I also have a video for loading models.

How to Import/Export Deviation Firmware Models

More
20 May 2014 14:48 #23399 by seaholic
Replied by seaholic on topic Models not working with Deviation 4
Thank you Tom for your help.
The problem I have is taking the file and inserting it inside the model, because it has the URL short cuts attached. when you double click on the file it takes you back to the website. I know there is a way to remove the URL extension from the file.
Back to my problem. The way I cut and paste the date into the model would that cause a problem with the data?

More
21 May 2014 01:49 - 21 May 2014 01:51 #23431 by Tom Z
Your welcome.

Can you post a video of what your doing so I can help out more?

If you want to use my model all you need to do is download it, rename it from
Model 28_20 to model28. Then install it in your transmitter and over-right your model28. The model will then be ready to use and fly.

You can also rename my model to an number you want. If you want to use it in your model 1 slot rename it to model1 and over-right your model1.
Last edit: 21 May 2014 01:51 by Tom Z.

More
21 May 2014 02:26 #23432 by seaholic
Tom,Thanks again, that would be great.
This is basic but if I drag your file over to my tx and rename the file. It still has the http url link and then opens as a file in a web page.
I will log off and see if it works. I sort of remember opening it up in notebook to remove the URL link. The video of my new project or me trying to swap file models. Ether one I can do, if this attempt doesn't work.

I also was going to try your flip_fpv with the APM 2.6 not sure if that model is compatible?

More
21 May 2014 06:00 #23435 by Tom Z
Your welcome.

A video of you trying to swap file models would be good so I can see what is happening and tell you what needs to be done. I have never heard of this before so I am curious. There are no URL links in any of my models. I just download the Model 28_20 and there is no URL link in it.

If you can start from the beginning showing downloading the model and installing the model file into your transmitter. Also show where the URL link is.

The flip_fpv with the APM 2.6 model is not compatible.

More
21 May 2014 22:26 #23481 by Tom Z
You should download the model instead of dragging the model over from your web browser to your desktop which will only give you an URL link to the model file. When you click on the URL link it will take you to this web site with the model ini settings posted in a browser page which you will have to correctly copy and paste into a model.ini file.

Download Models

Right click the "model.ini " and select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" depending if you are using IE or Firefox.

Install the configuration settings file into your models folder (See my How to video below).

This will over-right the current file so make sure that model slot doesn’t
have a model being used in it. If it does rename the configuration settings file to another number that you have free.

Example: The file you downloaded is named model5 so change the “5" to another slot number that you don’t have a model setup for. If you have model slot 6 open rename the file to model6

How to Import/Export Deviation Firmware Models

-

More
22 May 2014 01:11 #23484 by seaholic
Thanks again Tom for the guidance.
That was it, fire fox was only giving me targets to other url links and extensions.
Switched to Bing and IE it gave me the (save target as). With the URL link gone it was easy.
Now, I did the cut and paste with all the data from one model to the other.
Was not sure if that would have worked? I also reformatted the drive on the TX,
after I had copied all the new 4.0 models over an older version of deviation. Not sure if some of the files might have been corrupted.
I will try out the quad model tommorrow.

More
22 May 2014 22:08 #23508 by seaholic
Tom,
Your KK2.0 Quad model works well with my Tcopter. It wants to walk back towards the TX in auto level but I can adjust KK@2 board for that and I had a good head wind
With FM0 it was a little hard to move forward in FM2 not a problem.
I was little frustrated at first I could not get the TX to arm the Tcopter it would bind but not easy and I was not getting any stick commands out of the TX. The auto level
Switch would work but nothing else. So I reformatted the TX and started over again.
2nd attempt went flawlessly.
Thanks again.
Robert

More
23 May 2014 00:34 #23510 by Tom Z
Your welcome Robert. I'm glad you got it working!

More
23 May 2014 12:53 #23526 by seaholic
I need to post a request for APM 2.6 model build for a Quadcopter and Devo 10
Because I do not have a clue on were to begin.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds