Changing timer sounds

More
26 May 2014 16:21 - 26 May 2014 17:04 #23633 by joeclone
Changing timer sounds was created by joeclone
I need to modify the sound of the countdown timer to a higher pitch and longer duration, I've tried changing the value in sound ini [timer warning] but this only changes the 3 beeps before it reaches the end of the actual countdown time. How do I change the sound of the countdown time when it reaches 00:00?
Also why is there no sound when I set timer to stopwatch?
Last edit: 26 May 2014 17:04 by joeclone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2014 23:52 #23645 by joeclone
Replied by joeclone on topic Changing timer sounds
Ok my post was moved here, thanks to the admin...but anyone able to help me out with my question?

More
27 May 2014 02:42 #23649 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Changing timer sounds
There are 2 alarms.
There is:
'timer_warning'
and:
'alarm1' or 'alarm2'

depending on which timer warning you are concerned about.

There is a bug in the code I just found. We only have 2 timer alarms, but there are 4 timers. If you use timer 3 or 4, they will use 'batt_alarm' or 'done_binding' respectively.

I'll see if I can get that fixed.

More
27 May 2014 07:19 - 27 May 2014 10:46 #23666 by joeclone
Why is it that stopwatch I dun get the beeps?
Is it possible to implement a countup timer instead of countdown?
Last edit: 27 May 2014 10:46 by joeclone.

More
27 May 2014 14:03 #23681 by PhracturedBlue
how would you beep on a count-up timer? It has no stop time. If you want a warning you need a countdown timer

More
27 May 2014 15:34 #23686 by joeclone
The countup timer would work the same as a countdown timer, you set an end time ie 5 mins and you would start the beep 30 secs before the end time and a final long beep when you reach 5 mins. This kind of count up/ count down timer strategy has long been implemented in the other tx like Futaba.

More
27 May 2014 15:53 - 27 May 2014 15:53 #23689 by PhracturedBlue
How is it better than a countdown timer? Doesn't it convey virtually identical information in that case? After a specified amount of time your timer goes off. Is it really more intuitive to see the time spent vs the time remaining?
Not yet convinced
Last edit: 27 May 2014 15:53 by PhracturedBlue.

More
27 May 2014 16:41 - 27 May 2014 16:46 #23695 by joeclone
Guess it's just personal preference for most, it's just a basic option for most tx. For me it's just coz I'm so used to it with my previous tx.
I'd rather have this than the stopwatch option which is basically a countup but without any alarm and end time.
Last edit: 27 May 2014 16:46 by joeclone.

More
12 Jun 2014 11:47 #24050 by Hotbread
Replied by Hotbread on topic Changing timer sounds
Hello,

I just want to extend from joeclone's idea about audible notices tied in with the stopwatch timer.

Instead of going in reverse of the countdown timer where the stopwatch sounds alarm at a predetermined time. I agree that's redundant... in reverse.
However, it would be great if the stopwatch will make a distinct sound/beep per a configurable interval.

For example, I could set the stopwatch to been at every minute interval. I've seen some TX do this. With this implementation, I can have the TX beep a unique tone at every minute mark. Then down to the last 10 seconds, it would been another tone that beeps at 1sec interval to count down the last 10 seconds. Finally, it would play a tune at 00:00 mark. Then proceed to warn of over time limit afterwards.

The only new introduction to that picture would be the minute-minder beeps provided by the stopwatch. The rest of those sound scenario is already provided in the current deviationtx build.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds