Walkera RX2703H-D and a clone 480.

More
04 Jul 2014 14:15 #24380 by ave1
Will not fly. I have rebuilt model several times. (I should tie it down). I alternate after each build, install a beastX to make sure the build is right and the the heli will fly.

Dane at RTF-HELI has successfully flown this set-up. See:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz13m1d4AkM.

First there was a "spin" issue, now seems to be a tilt issue at take off.

Anyone have any thoughts?

The 2703H-D is a Walkera 6 axis rx built for larger helis.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2014 03:20 - 05 Jul 2014 03:26 #24392 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic Walkera RX2703H-D and a clone 480.
Gyro correction direction? Do you make sure the gyro is correcting in the correct directions? The swash should want to stay level and the tail should want to counter the direction of tail movement.

The old 2702v's had little switches to change gyro direction. If the new ones dont then you have to play with the orientation of rx placement.

Some servos also naturaly move in reverse of walkeras, this would cause the need to rotate the rx 180 degrees. I had to do this in my V400d02 when I got better servos for it. I even put a walkera fbl rx under a trex 450 frame to get the gyro to respond correctly.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2014 03:26 by Kdean.

More
05 Jul 2014 04:27 #24393 by ave1
Replied by ave1 on topic Walkera RX2703H-D and a clone 480.
Thanks. ON the bottom, upside down? or right side up on the bottom. Not like a BeastX, the swash does not move during setup (or I don't know how to make it move) and the tail direction does seem reversed but, on the TX it is correct. (Small movements when I swing the tail).

Thanks, the latest rebuild and tail swings very fast. I just loaded a beastX to be sure the build is okay. ON the bottom of the heli? Did I read you correctly? Why should that matter is my thoughts.... But it's walkera :)

More
05 Jul 2014 04:33 #24394 by ave1
Hey, forgot to mention, I moved the servo horn 180 degrees on the tail servo. it did stop the spin but, the heli tilt and I lost well, you know,

It is mounted just like on their 450D03 so whats the diff.???

Thanks

More
06 Jul 2014 03:19 #24405 by Kdean
Before you try to fly, bind heli and with throttle hold on, pick it up and tilt it forward - the swash should move to keep it self level. If not, and the swash tilts forward, you will crash. Same thing with Aileron, if you tilt the heli to the side the swash should tilt in the opposit direction to stay level. If not the heli will tilt on take of and you will have no way to stop it.

The particular walkera fb/rx that I used on a 450pro airframe, had to be mounted under the frame (upside down) for the gyros to work correctly. I spent alot of time fooling with walkera fbl gyros, this is a thread that I started about my projects.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473111

More
06 Jul 2014 03:37 #24406 by ave1
You sir are a saver, a genius w tons of experience so valuable!!! ... YOu were correct! Upside down on the bottom of the heli chassis worked. I could only hover it in the house cause it's dark and windy outside or, I'd go test it right now. The tail was rock solid. It wanted to hover, straight and true. Super stable.

Well, I beg to differ. The only way I could get the servos to react to tilt and the tail servo to react to swaying the tail was to apply a little throttle to the motor/esc (of course after I backed the pinion off the gear). Then it acted just like a BeastX during setup and pre-flight. Do you know BeastX? I know them very well. The Walkera RX would not move the servos until I applied some throttle. Just a bit was all that was necessary. In that state, it reacts perfectly, countering my tilts and tail swings. Now it is, thanks to you, reacting to my tilts in the correct direction!!!!

Thank you for all your help. AWESDOME! ! I can't wait to fly it in the morning.

More
06 Jul 2014 03:52 #24407 by ave1
Please check this out??

Why did Dane not have to install his upside down like I did? His installed identical to any other. I got mine from china about 6 months ago. I got it to do exactly this. The same helicopter and same servos and same motor. Why is mine upside down?

More
06 Jul 2014 05:12 #24408 by Kdean
Im not seeing the link or vid you posted????

More
06 Jul 2014 05:15 #24409 by ave1

More
06 Jul 2014 06:21 #24411 by Kdean
That may mean that you can swap aileron and pitch servos inputs on the rx, and maybe put the elevator servo on the other side of the frame.

You will have to go through and reverse a few things in the tx as well.

It may take some trail and error as you may need to reverse some of the ccmp mixing(pitch, elev, aile) to get it to work.

To test the gyro direction, if it does not correct unless spooled up, you can take all blades off and spool it up to do your tilt testing.

More
06 Jul 2014 15:22 #24424 by ave1
Once again you notice what I do not. My ele servo is on the opposite side of the frame. I will soon test this.

And soon, I will fly this 6 axis RX on a Align 450 today and see if all of this effort has been worth it.

Thanks for all your help.

More
06 Jul 2014 15:48 #24425 by Kdean
No prob

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds