Devo 10, Phoenix & Throttle Hold

More
25 Jul 2014 01:01 - 25 Jul 2014 01:04 #24783 by BeamHangar
Devo 10, Phoenix & Throttle Hold was created by BeamHangar
Hi all, new here and to the concept. I'm having a problem with my above set up and apologize if this has already been canvassed before and i'm a total computer/Tx dummy.

I have the Devo 10 w/deviation and the Phoenix 4 "model" loaded.
When i have the Phoenix program loaded in the Tx and i run the sim, i have NO Throttle Hold.

Do i need to set this up in my Tx or in the Sim itself? If i need to do it in the Sim, what channel is the RUD D/R switch assigned to please? Could someone post a "fix" w/instructions of process/sequence required to enable T/H?

I've had a few erm, issues, in getting this far, and at one point i did have T/H on the RUD D/R switch but it was backwards, and after i tried a few things to reverse it to how i like it, i now end up with nothing for T/H after "undoing" the changes i tried.

I also wasn't sure if i need to rewrite the actual source code for the template (which i find daunting to do)or just reconfigure it all in the Tx.
Either way, i need "much" help in getting this sorted.

Many Thanks
BH
Last edit: 25 Jul 2014 01:04 by BeamHangar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2014 03:16 #24784 by a178235
Replied by a178235 on topic Devo 10, Phoenix & Throttle Hold
My post 24777 at deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/2724...sing-deviation-4-0-1 is what I am using and everything seems to be working including Throttle Hold.

More
25 Jul 2014 05:53 - 25 Jul 2014 06:00 #24786 by BeamHangar
Replied by BeamHangar on topic Devo 10, Phoenix & Throttle Hold
a178235....thank you for your response and the link. I managed to get it sorted by setting up the Cut/Restart Engine and mapping it to CH3 which i didn't know what it was. Its a bit glitchy with the audio when activated,but allows me to practice so PROGRESS. I did this in the Sim not the Tx. Yaaa

I do have another issue though. Its virtually the same on the Nano Qx model file i have loaded.

Everything works/fly's fine, but the T/H is reversed on the RUD D/R switch as well.

Is this a common theme with Deviation that every "model ini" file has a reverse T/H set up? or might it be in my "new" Tx? Perhaps the switch assignment might be reversed? I wouldn't know how to find/fix that if that is the case.

Any idea's???

With Much Thanks
BH
Last edit: 25 Jul 2014 06:00 by BeamHangar.

More
27 Jul 2014 03:57 - 27 Jul 2014 03:58 #24823 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Devo 10, Phoenix & Throttle Hold
I think it'll be easy to make it work the way you want it to.

I don't understand how you want Throttle Hold to work?

I did a GIF sequence to help a person add Throttle Hold to his Devo7e. Same steps will work for the Devo10. You simply choose the switch you want to activate.

It was for a DSM2 quad. So throttle was on Channel1.

Since yours is on Channel3. Simply select Channel3 instead. Then activate the safety value and switch that will activate it.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jul 2014 03:58 by Daryoon.

More
27 Jul 2014 04:57 #24824 by D_an_W
Replied by D_an_W on topic Devo 10, Phoenix & Throttle Hold
Can I ask a related question please...

Should throttle hold disable the throttle and prevent the motor(s) from turning or hold the motor(s) at the position it was at when the switch was activated?

I also found some models to have the switch inverted from where I would like it so just changed HOLD1 to HOLD0, is this the correct method?

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***

More
27 Jul 2014 05:13 - 27 Jul 2014 05:15 #24827 by BeamHangar

Daryoon wrote: I think it'll be easy to make it work the way you want it to.

I don't understand how you want Throttle Hold to work?

I did a GIF sequence to help a person add Throttle Hold to his Devo7e. Same steps will work for the Devo10. You simply choose the switch you want to activate.

It was for a DSM2 quad. So throttle was on Channel1.

Since yours is on Channel3. Simply select Channel3 instead. Then activate the safety value and switch that will activate it.

I sent you a reply email Daryoon, with thanks. There is some confusion regarding the Ch allocation also.
BH
Last edit: 27 Jul 2014 05:15 by BeamHangar.

More
27 Jul 2014 05:22 #24828 by BeamHangar

D_an_W wrote: Can I ask a related question please...

Should throttle hold disable the throttle and prevent the motor(s) from turning or hold the motor(s) at the position it was at when the switch was activated?

I also found some models to have the switch inverted from where I would like it so just changed HOLD1 to HOLD0, is this the correct method?

I don't know much but i do know this lol. T/H (throttle hold) is designed to cut the power to your motor/s to lessen the impact at the time of a crash and on a heli, stops it doing the "chicken dance"

Yes again on the switching idea, IF you know how your Ch's are set, which in my case I do not (don't know code and can't free program a Tx myself yet).

Cheers

More
27 Jul 2014 05:29 #24829 by D_an_W
Thanks, what does your channel3 section of the ini file look like?

This is the first three lines of mine if it helps, when the HOLD switch is away from you (Up) it disables the throttle and towards you (down) it is enabled...

[channel3]
safetysw=HOLD0
safetyval=-100
[/size]

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***

More
27 Jul 2014 05:40 - 27 Jul 2014 05:42 #24830 by BeamHangar

D_an_W wrote: This is the first three lines of mine if it helps, when the HOLD switch is away from you (Up) it disables the throttle and towards you (down) it is enabled...

Then your T/H is back to front also,
0 = should be able to fly
1 = should be T/H...

Mine is the reverse just like yours. Mine is on the RUD D/R switch, whatever CH that is (i dunno) but when i made the change suggested, yes i can fly on (0) but then, while the throttle stick is down and i flick the T/H (1) the Qx fires up and wants to fly away with no throttle control.

WTH????? whats with that. Anyway, im just not using the T/H on the Qx at all.

And i have made NO changes to the flashed "model.ini" file aside from the earlier suggestion, then just reflashed the original file back to what it was.

Cheers
Last edit: 27 Jul 2014 05:42 by BeamHangar.

More
27 Jul 2014 05:44 - 27 Jul 2014 05:48 #24831 by D_an_W
The ini files I started with were originally the way you want, I changed them to "back to front" as I prefer 0 to be off and 1 to be on.

I think your ini file should look something like this...
[channel3]
safetysw=RUD DR1
safetyval=-100

BeamHangar wrote: Then your T/H is back to front also,
1 = should be T/H...

Is this a "rule" somewhere? I just thought someone had created it opposite to how I thought it should be :dry:

Last edit: 27 Jul 2014 05:48 by D_an_W.

More
27 Jul 2014 05:55 #24832 by BeamHangar

D_an_W wrote: The ini files I started with were originally the way you want, I changed them to "back to front" as I prefer 0 to be off and 1 to be on.

I think your ini file should look something like this...

[channel3]
safetysw=RUD DR1
safetyval=-100

BeamHangar wrote: Then your T/H is back to front also,
1 = should be T/H...

Is this a "rule" somewhere? I just thought someone had created it opposite to how I thought it should be :dry:

Thank you, i'm sure thats helpful, but i don't have any CH3 in the 1-THR section i was asked to make the changes to & don't know where else to find CH3 (i am new to all this stuff)

No it's not a rule, i just prefer to pull a switch "towards" me to activate the T/H under pressure.

You should feel free to operate your gear to what feels best for you.
All good, cheers

More
27 Jul 2014 06:04 #24833 by D_an_W
I think you need to select the 3-THR section not 1-THR (Assuming you have one of course) which afaik is what Daryoon was referring to.

More
27 Jul 2014 06:32 #24834 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Devo 10, Phoenix & Throttle Hold
I said that animated GIF is for a DSM2 model. So the throttle channel is on 1.

For you, it would be on channel 3. Same concept.

You can choose whatever switch you want to activate to enable throttle hold. Who cares about standards. Do what you want.

All the info on how to accomplish what you want has already been said. Hopefully you can reread it. Try it out. And get it working.

Good luck.

More
27 Jul 2014 06:54 - 27 Jul 2014 07:50 #24839 by BeamHangar

Daryoon wrote: I said that animated GIF is for a DSM2 model. So the throttle channel is on 1.

For you, it would be on channel 3. Same concept.

You can choose whatever switch you want to activate to enable throttle hold. Who cares about standards. Do what you want.

All the info on how to accomplish what you want has already been said. Hopefully you can reread it. Try it out. And get it working.

Good luck.

I appreciate your input/knowledge and for reaching out, please don't misunderstand. As i pointed out ALL this is new to me and much of it is second nature for others giving advice that it seems they forget what it was like when they started.

All i did was flash my Tx with what i assumed (there's one mistake i made) was a proper working set up. It wasn't and I reached out for help. I don't write code, i can't read code, and i also don't know which protocol the code was written for. I thought that was what this FORUM was for.

I also don't know my way around the Tx (yes, that's my fault #2) due to having issues understanding all the acronyms & abbreviations for which controls i know not. So to say just assign any switch any way you want does me no good, as i don't know how or have ever done it before.

I apologize for misunderstanding just what it was you were saying and i will go back to my Tx and try again.

~~EDIT~~ So once I open the "mixer" menu I should be scrolling down to 3-ELE, is this correct? (as noted, I don't know WHAT is associated with WHICH channel so is this CH3 please?)

~~DBL EDIT~~~ I have now gone to 3-ELE and scrolled through the options, and just like the 1-THR settings, there is NO "HOLD 1" selection available as per the above GIF, so what am I missing here please?

Regards
BH
Last edit: 27 Jul 2014 07:50 by BeamHangar.

More
27 Jul 2014 08:33 #24841 by D_an_W
Can you attach the ini file you are using?

More
27 Jul 2014 08:45 - 27 Jul 2014 08:51 #24842 by BeamHangar

D_an_W wrote: Can you attach the ini file you are using?

Ok, I'm not certain now but im fairly sure its this one; model15_2014-01-20_2014-01-20.ini. I was intent on loading the "latest" available program thinking it would have any "kinks" worked out.

I don't know how when looking in the folder they all just say "model1,2,3",etc. The only other way i can think to pass the file to you is to "open" my desktop file into the "notepad" and copy it over if that would work?. Or you could "educate" me in what to look for and where?

That's an issue im having trouble with also, too many different files under the one "model" forum heading (i'm the far left of what is termed "geek", i'm closer to the term Troglodyte)

Thanks.
Last edit: 27 Jul 2014 08:51 by BeamHangar.

More
27 Jul 2014 08:59 #24843 by D_an_W
I took the attached file from a post who the author said it worked and added a throttle hold on channel 3 for use with the RUD DR switch, can you test it?

Attachments:

More
27 Jul 2014 09:19 - 27 Jul 2014 09:22 #24845 by BeamHangar

D_an_W wrote: I took the attached file from a post who the author said it worked and added a throttle hold on channel 3 for use with the RUD DR switch, can you test it?

Lol (this is the cr@p i deal with, not you, the result), well i flashed it to Tx,(reads as Phoenix file, no matter keep trying) and turned on Qx, just a blinking blue light, doesn't seem to want to bind properly, so i can't test if it works. Reflashed back to my original one again.

~~~EDIT~~~ can you at least inform me where i would find CH3 (i may then be able to change it myself & still bind to QX?)

Cheers
Last edit: 27 Jul 2014 09:22 by BeamHangar.

More
27 Jul 2014 09:22 #24846 by D_an_W
Well, if you can attach that file I will have another go?

Click the "Add File" button below the reply box and browse to the file location.

More
27 Jul 2014 09:29 - 27 Jul 2014 09:30 #24847 by BeamHangar

D_an_W wrote: Well, if you can attach that file I will have another go?

Click the "Add File" button below the reply box and browse to the file location.

I will try....lets see if this works;

~~EDIT~~ Where do i locate CH3? please.

And it worked haa.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jul 2014 09:30 by BeamHangar.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds