Devo 12S who reboot sometimes

More
26 Jul 2014 18:39 - 27 Jul 2014 06:49 #24817 by sv650s
Devo 12S who reboot sometimes was created by sv650s
Hello
one of my friends have a DEVO 12S (i have the same radio, mine works very well) flashed with deviation 4.0.1
and sometimes the radio reboot (turn off and restart) alone, we don't touch something and the radio reboot…..
this friend have lost a multi rotor due to this reboot….
So if somebody have got this problem thanks to inform me
We have already reflash the radio but the problem appears again….
So my friend don't use his radio because it's too dangerous !!!
this is the errors.txt, but it's empty :
empty
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Thanks for you help
Best regards
Last edit: 27 Jul 2014 06:49 by sv650s.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2014 10:40 #24902 by sv650s
Replied by sv650s on topic Devo 12S who reboot sometimes
Nobody can help us please ?????

More
30 Jul 2014 11:46 #24903 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Devo 12S who reboot sometimes
Did you install any additional RF chips ?

More
30 Jul 2014 11:53 #24905 by sv650s
No additional module chips added in the radio

More
30 Jul 2014 12:24 #24906 by MacGyverek
Replied by MacGyverek on topic Devo 12S who reboot sometimes
With protocol?? DEVO, DSM2, DSMX?????

More
30 Jul 2014 12:58 #24907 by sv650s
With DEVO protocol

More
20 Aug 2014 07:45 #25302 by sv650s
Hello,
the radio always sometimes reboot unpredictable…
nobody can help us ?
is somebody have encountered this problem ?

More
20 Aug 2014 08:40 - 20 Aug 2014 08:40 #25303 by oleost
Replied by oleost on topic Devo 12S who reboot sometimes
Got no experience with devo radios or deviation tx.

But the first thing I would do is flash original firmware if possible and if its still reboots now and then I wouls say its a hardware failure and I would contact walkera
Last edit: 20 Aug 2014 08:40 by oleost.

More
20 Aug 2014 10:51 #25304 by Birdman
Replied by Birdman on topic Devo 12S who reboot sometimes
Did your friend upgrade from an earlier version?

Bm

More
20 Aug 2014 10:55 #25305 by sv650s
My friend have upgrade directly walkera firmware to deviationtx firmware
No earlier version before

More
20 Aug 2014 13:50 #25307 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 12S who reboot sometimes
This is the 1st report of reboot issues with 4.0.1 on the Devo12 (yes I'm aware of the bitbucket ticket). Unfortunately, the error reporting in 4.0.1 isn't working properly for the Devo12, so you can't easily debug that way.

Does the reboot happen during flight, or when messing around in the menus?

I am currently taking a break from Deviation development. I'm sure it will resume sooner or later, but at the moment, I do not have the resources to fix the error reporting to help debug this further.

More
20 Aug 2014 14:41 #25309 by sv650s
The reboot happen in flight and sometimes when messing around in the menus

More
22 Aug 2014 14:54 #25346 by oleost
Replied by oleost on topic Devo 12S who reboot sometimes

sv650s wrote: The reboot happen in flight and sometimes when messing around in the menus

But arent it an idea to check that ot perform well under walkera firmware?...

More
22 Aug 2014 14:58 #25347 by sv650s
We have flash teh DEVO 12S with walkera firmware, and actually there is no reboot, all is ok
we test again during some days to know if it's DeviationTX firmware is bugged or if it's the radio who have a problem (in this case, the radio will be sent for repair or exchange)

More
23 Aug 2014 07:22 #25355 by Noel
Replied by Noel on topic Devo 12S who reboot sometimes

sv650s wrote: The reboot happen in flight and sometimes when messing around in the menus

from France
+1
fortunately Indoor, with the lost/break of an old engine on the nose of an EPP plane.

More
23 Aug 2014 08:32 #25356 by sv650s
You have the same problem Noel ?

Vous avez le même problème Noel ?

More
23 Aug 2014 13:06 - 23 Aug 2014 13:08 #25362 by Noel
Replied by Noel on topic Devo 12S who reboot sometimes

sv650s wrote: You have the same problem Noel ?

Vous avez le même problème Noel ?

Thanks for the french answer.
I will try to explain a similar problem in english langage.
devo 12S, using for half a year and whithout any problem the last 4.0.1 déviation firmware (the one of 08 january).
unexpectedly, i have lost on flight all my settings on my devo 12S, even the init one. I mean alarm battery, my choice of mode 2, my choice of DSM2,number of channels of my receiver, a.s.o.
Incidently, i have lost the nose/engine of a depron home made plane.
After having updated the 4.0.1 deviation, the problem has disappeared.
My second problem is strange.I planned a programm to use my devo 12s for a delta plane. Success first. Power off my devo. Power on the next day to find that i had lost all my settings.
Fortunataly, i had made a saving.
Thanks for help, ideas, and answer.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2014 13:08 by Noel.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds