DSM2/DSMX channel 7 not working?

More
29 Jul 2014 10:22 #24886 by mwm
I'm grasping at straws here. I'm trying to get tilt control on a GB200 attached to a 350QX working. Supposedly, this is done via channel 7. I've tried to different methods, both of which others have reported as working with Spektrum radios, and neither is working with my Devo 10. One uses the 350QX receiver directly, the other uses a DSM2 satellite receiver, so that's two different receivers. Could be the gimbal, but that is working properly except for tilt control, so that seems unlikely.

I'm thinking maybe my Devo10 isn't sending channel 7 for some reason. Yeah, that also seems unlikely, but like I said, I'm grasping at straws. I tried the better supported of the two ways with a second deviationTx Tx, still with no joy. :(

Can someone confirm that deviationTx works properly with more than 6 channels using the DSM2 or DSMX protocol? Especially on a Devo10? I don't have another DSM receiver of either flavor that supports more than 6 channels, so can't think of a sane way to test this myself.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2014 11:15 #24887 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic DSM2/DSMX channel 7 not working?
I run 8 channels on DSM2 on a 7e without any problems.

More
16 Nov 2014 15:49 - 16 Nov 2014 15:50 #26421 by joecool
Replied by joecool on topic DSM2/DSMX channel 7 not working?
Hello MWM,

I'm Still struggling as you seem to struggle.

www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=643453

I found this link, and the guy seems to have it working. I'm desperate to find an .ini setting file for a 350 QX that could work RTH and Gimbal Tilt

THis is 350QX V2.

Got no hair left, I pulled them all.

Thanks in anyways for your help
Joe Cool
Last edit: 16 Nov 2014 15:50 by joecool. Reason: Forgot to paste the link :-)

More
16 Nov 2014 17:13 #26425 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic DSM2/DSMX channel 7 not working?
Hi Joe,

My problem turned out to be an integration problem. The original 350QX Rx is a "cheap" 6-channel receiver, and deviation is documented as causing problems if bound with 8 or more channel on "some" cheap 4 to 6 channel dsm Rx's. Generally not a problem as there's seldom a reason to bind with more channels than the Rx can receive. Controlling a gimbal on the original 3530QX needs an external Rx which uses channels 7+. Oops.

BTW, saying "350QX V2" is ambiguous. It's not clear if that's what Blade calls the 350QX2 (the second iteration of the HARDWARE) or an older 350QX running the V2 firmware! More in answer to your other question .

More
16 Nov 2014 21:51 #26434 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic DSM2/DSMX channel 7 not working?
Had the same problem earlier today and figured out i had the scale limits set past the PWM for the channel...i lowered them and the ch started working...

More
16 Nov 2014 22:57 #26436 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic DSM2/DSMX channel 7 not working?
This isn't an issue with one channel not working - it's many of the six that the Rx supports. Take a working 350QX deviation model.ini with 6 or 7 channels and change your model setup to 8 channels. The aircraft chatters as if the cyclic channels are way out of whack. Rudder & throttle are ignored until you init the FC, which I wouldn't recommend under the circumstances. Not sure what RTH and flight mode were doing, but I suspect I wouldn't have been happy about it. Set it back to 6 or 7 channels, and it works fine.

Both the DSM2 and DSMX protocol description in the manual say "Note that many receivers with less than 8 channels require the Transmitter to send 7 or less channels." Which means that even though I have a 2-axis gimbal, I can only control one. And can't switch between position and velocity mode on the axis I can control. :silly:

I don't have an 8 channel Tx running the HH code, so I can't test it myself. However, I don't think you can adjust the channel count on a DX8, and that's known to work properly with the 350QX.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds