RX 1002 receiver problem

More
12 Sep 2014 22:47 #25632 by markchioda
RX 1002 receiver problem was created by markchioda
I recently received a new Devo-10 with RX 1002 receiver for a remote control lawnmower project i am working on. (I need the 10 channels for the multitude of options required, but nothing sophisticated.) I got it to bind and everything worked okay until i shut the receiver power down and then the transmitter. after that the receiver wouldn't light up when i hooked a power source to it. I screwed around with the bind plug, making sure the fixed wasn't set etc. after waiting an hour or so, i randomly tried to fire it up and it worked. i hooked up all the servos and everything worked okay. i made some fine tune adjustments and shut it down. this morning when i went to fire it up, again nothing at the receiver board. i double checked power and it's fine. i screwed around for a couple hours and gave up. I tried it a bit later and it fired up and worked fine, again until i shut things off, then nothing. I assume there is a problem with the receiver board but the place where i bought it doesn't have replacement receivers so i have to send it all back or nothing. I really liked the setup on the transmitter now that i got it all figured out. Is there any way for me to bind this Devo-10 to another brand receiver, like spectrum or Futaba (which I can buy locally) to get myself going again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2014 02:02 #25636 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic RX 1002 receiver problem
Yep, Spektrum will work without adding any additional modules. Use the DSM2/DSMX protocol option in deviation.

More
13 Sep 2014 07:02 #25639 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic RX 1002 receiver problem
Hi,
This must be a faulty Rx. It happens.
A 10ch Spektrum Rx (AR10000) is a lot of money... ~200 USD :(

I have 2pcs of this Devo rx since a year (1x black, 1x white) and have no issues with them. I would not give it up...

I always buy my walkera stuff from here:
www.banggood.com/Wakera-HM-DEVO-RX1002-W...-White-p-922007.html
(no affiliations or anything...) They always replace faulty parts asap.
For 24 USD you cannot buy a Spektrum... not even on ebay.

I'd give the devo rx an other chance.

cheers
bm

More
15 Sep 2014 00:42 #25673 by markchioda
Replied by markchioda on topic RX 1002 receiver problem
interestingly enough, i left the battery pack plugged into another channel (other than batt,) after i gave up on my last try. in the morning, i noticed the receiver was blinking so i tried again but this time i did not hook battery up to the batt channel, i left it where it was. seems to have worked, the receiver has functioned okay since then. have no idea why but it does. thanks for the feedback and i will update this if it fails again.

More
15 Sep 2014 06:20 #25677 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic RX 1002 receiver problem
I'm using a RX1002 without problem.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds