CC2500 test craft?

More
10 Nov 2014 08:17 #26336 by mwm
CC2500 test craft? was created by mwm
Having finally gotten the CC2500 for my multimodule, I now find myself wondering what I can test it with. I just ordered it as part of the BOM for the thing, and it isn't expensive - except in waiting for it.

The "supported models" spreadsheet just lists the Skyartech protocol and models, which are a bit expensive for that. The local source has the FrSky code in it, but I've got plenty of spare Rx's (and telemetry modules for them), so while cheaper than the Syartech aircraft, that's still a bit much for something that will wind up sitting in a parts bin for the foreseeable future.

Any other options available? Preferably an inexpensive (< US$50) BNF or RTF aircraft of some sort?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2014 19:26 #26356 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic CC2500 test craft?
The cheapest skyartec BNF that I know of is the WASP NANO CPx. It's ~$65 at banggood, which is actually pretty good for a brushless micro CP heli. It's probably a better value than the V977.

bit.ly/1pNMi3G

More
12 Nov 2014 02:02 #26357 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic CC2500 test craft?
That would be a good one. If I didn't already have a Solo Pro 126v2 NE, or I could get that from their US warehouse, I'd probably order one.

As it is, I found out that the FrSky D4R-II gave you 8 channels in CPPM mode. That's $20 for an 8 channel Rx with telemetry (and the main battery telemetry module is $2.40 or so), and I actually have a use for that. I have 6 channel Rx's with telemetry, and 8 and 10 without, but want 8 with.

Thanks!

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
17 Nov 2014 00:59 #26438 by jimqjp
Replied by jimqjp on topic CC2500 test craft?

mikemacwillie wrote: The cheapest skyartec BNF that I know of is the WASP NANO CPx. It's ~$65 at banggood, which is actually pretty good for a brushless micro CP heli. It's probably a better value than the V977.

bit.ly/1pNMi3G

I have a Wasp nano on the shelf now. May be bad luck, the one I got have weak tail lock, pushing throttle hard will make tail rotate up 90 degrees and back. After some crashes, the tail cannot lock at all. The replacement board is $35!, more than half of BNF cost. The BNF V977 is a couple of $ more, but the pcb is only $25.

I got V977 recently, because of the 6 axis gyro, much more stable than wasp nano.

More
17 Nov 2014 03:44 #26441 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic CC2500 test craft?
I have the V977 and V931 as well, and the big draw-back is the fact that everything is programmed into the reciever / gyro board. There's not a lot you can do for throttle and pitch curves from the tx.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds