telemetry logger bin file conversion

More
21 Nov 2014 18:55 #26490 by ermin80
telemetry logger bin file conversion was created by ermin80
Can somebody please send me the link to compiled (in EXE file) conversion tool that allows conversion of Bin telemetry log file so that it is readable. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2014 23:34 #26991 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic telemetry logger bin file conversion

More
19 Jun 2015 13:59 - 19 Jun 2015 14:32 #34363 by Thomas.Heiss
Hello,

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Maybe PB / a senior DeviationTX dev could tell me how to successfully record Flightlog DSM logfile data and publish all the bogus additional numbers which may or may not be an indicator of additional "TM1000 / telemetry out-of-range"?
Unfortunately I was never successful in enabling the log file and read from it in Linux once I rebooted into USB mode. It was empty always!

PhracturedBlue wrote: I am not sure what issues you have with data logging. a different thread would probably be better if you've tried the obvious and it doesn't work. I think the log-end detection isn't working well (which means if you reboot the tx it may start overwriting the log).
So I'd recommend using a toggle to start/stop the logging. select the relevant channels (or all if you are lazy), set a proper logging time. turn on the log with the toggle and make sure the space is counting down. when done, turn off the logging shut down the tx, and start up while holding 'ENT'. The log file size is fixed, but there should be data inside it when examined using xxd. the repo contains a script to convert it to csv.

If you've done all that and it doesn't work, provide a detailed description of what you are doing and what isn't working, and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks for your explanation PhracturedBlue.
Finally I got the writing and USB-reboot (read of datalog.bin) with firmware fcd0669 working, while it was always empty in some test builds before.

datalog2csv.py is not working for me in converting only FlightLog DSM data:

Volt1,Volt2,Volt3,Temp1(C),Temp2(C),Temp3(C)

This is what datalog2csv.py -a --bin datalog.bin -o datalog.csv writes for 6 enabled DSM FlightLog fields.

So the data types ("25.5" instead of 255) and column attributes are either wrong written by the firmware fcd0669 or wrong read by the script or wrong written to the CSV?!?

A 255
B 0
L 1054
R 0
F 8621
H 29

Maybe there are several MUST (starting-) fields which I need to enable before the FlightLog data?

Thomas
Last edit: 19 Jun 2015 14:32 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
19 Jun 2015 14:58 #34366 by Thomas.Heiss
I have now tried DeviationTX DataLog setting "Select:All".
I get a progress in the fact that finally all TELEM_0 to TELEM_43 columns are written.

Sadly to say the actual DSM FlightLog data is still put into the wrong columns:
Temp1
Temp2
Temp3
Temp4
Rpm1

Not sure about the NOT_CONNECTED fields B and R with 0 values.
The 6th columns RPM2 / TELEM_0 are filled by "0" values in the CSV (like TELEM_1 to _43).

If I only active Volt1,Volt2,Volt3,Temp1(C),Temp2(C),Temp3(C) column fields suddenly a Rpm1 column is added to the datalog.bin/csv. So restart from the beginning.
There is even no Volt3 or Temp3 column in the DeviationTX DataLog screen which I might be able to activate.
Is that for Devo or other protocols?

Only one TELEM_0 column was written to the csv with partial logging by not activating "Select All".

More
19 Jun 2015 15:12 #34367 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic telemetry logger bin file conversion
you need to provide a sample bin file for me to look at (zip it 1st). Are you using the lates tversion of the datalog2csv.py script from the repo? I changed the format of the datalog since 4.0.1

More
19 Jun 2015 15:57 - 19 Jun 2015 15:58 #34368 by Thomas.Heiss
I am not 100% sure.

I am using this of nightly-build: bitbucket.org/deviationtx/deviation/src/...og2csv.py?at=default

Latest changes:
PhracturedBlue 435616b Reduce datalog size by reducingtelemetry and timers from 32bits to 16bits 2015-05-01
PhracturedBlue 29124e8 Bump datalog API and fix parser. Fixes #612 2015-05-01

I guess the last missing 6th column went into Volt2. It shows 0 / some 512 (51.2) values when holds was 255.

Well, I need to re-test telemetry / out-of-range from scratch so I know what data numbers have been written into what columns and compare to Devo 10 telemetry monitor screen. Will do a file upload next days or sooner.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2015 15:58 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds