Devo 8s w/ devention + DJI Phantom 2 vision

More
15 Dec 2014 15:38 #27004 by bagofsoup
im just curious if anyone knows if this is supported?

Devo 8s w/ devention + DJI Phantom 2 vision

i really love me devo radio and would love to use it with my quad as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2014 02:04 #27028 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Devo 8s w/ devention + DJI Phantom 2 vision
From what I can tell online the control radio runs on 5.8GHz, so not directly.

There's a couple youtube videos about putting your own receiver in this quad.

More
16 Dec 2014 20:16 - 16 Dec 2014 20:19 #27050 by btoschi
Replied by btoschi on topic Devo 8s w/ devention + DJI Phantom 2 vision
True, any Phantom 2 Vision model uses a 5.8Ghz radio chip.

Judging from its pinout (connection to rx/tx antenna, Xtal, VCC, GND, ...) and some very bad pictures found in the FCC registration document it must be a Beken BK5811 chip. (PM me if interested, I have the details somewhere on my Linux partition )

Sadly I was not able to sniff the protocol when I had a PV2 for repair (damn one-time-removal paper wrapping with safety instructions :P ).
But even when having protocol reversed, one would need to rip the RF module from the original TX since I did not find any other RF Board with BK5811 (though one could possibly go with the reference design, for ppl loving to play around with SMD parts ;) )

Using a 2.4Ghz transmitter/receiver pair (Devo+Walkera RX) with Live (WiFi) streaming from a PV2 could cause signal loss issues, so be warned and test this carefully in hover (and, as general with a Phantom, wait for GPS to find position before taking off, or failsafe brings your phantom "somewhere" :D ).

Besides that, I'd miss the auto-centering from the DJI transmitter when using a Devo (even that I only had 3 Test-flights with the Phantom before giving it back).
Last edit: 16 Dec 2014 20:19 by btoschi.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds