Input of virtual channels not visible in mixers?

More
21 Dec 2014 21:23 - 21 Dec 2014 21:24 #27130 by ThomasC
Hello,

my name is Thomas, I am from germany. Recently I got involved with DeviationTX, and I think I have understood most things.

One thing irritates me - example from my config:
[virtchan1]
name=Delay
template=complex
[mixer]
src=!FMODE0
dest=Virt1
usetrim=0
[mixer]
src=FMODE0 
dest=Virt1
scalar=2
usetrim=0
muxtype=delay
curvetype=fixed

[channel6]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=Virt1
dest=Ch6
curvetype=3point
points=-30,30,-30

This is an extract of a NanoQX config that simulates an off-on-off sequence to switch between blue and red flight mode.

When I enter channel view mode in transmitter, everything works. But when I enter mixers of channel 6, the input channel seems to stay in the middle, although it actually works like programmed. The channel movement is not displayed in the mixer curve. When using stick or analog AUX input as source, you can see the channel position move as you move stick or AUX. Why does this not work for virtual channels?

curious greetings from Germany

ThomasC

---
Last edit: 21 Dec 2014 21:24 by ThomasC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2015 13:55 - 02 Jan 2015 20:02 #27416 by Indigo
It's taking the current mixer input and processing that value via the current mixer curve.

The screen is being refreshed but for some virtual channels the displayed value remains zero.

I'll look into it further.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2015 20:02 by Indigo.

More
13 Jan 2015 03:32 #27643 by mwm
Off topic, but I set up my NanoQX to toggle flight modes on the flight mode switch, and it didn't stay in sync. That meant I'd be pulling the switch the wrong way to change flight modes, which also didn't work. Maybe your version will work better, but I went a different way with this.

The trim switch buttons features were designed specifically to deal with situations like this. In fact, the NanoQX flight mode was the reason they were requested in the first place.

I've got mine set up so that the ENT button causes the blue/red flight mode to change. I've set up a second trim on the same button that tracks the parity of the number changes, and displays a toggle icon on the screen indicating which mode it thinks the NanoQX is in. I did that mostly to see if I could, but haven't really used that icon while flying.

If you'd like to see how that's done, I'd be glad to either share my config or walk you through setting it up.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
13 Jan 2015 16:56 #27656 by ThomasC
@mwm: to simply toggle the desired mode by tapping a key was my first thought. In fact "mode sync" can be problematic directly after turning on the transmitter (this is also true for the MX-20 I normally use to fly the Nano QX), the sequencer seems to require initializing first by toggling Fmode0/Fmode1/Fmode0 once after switching on. And you have to take care to plug in flight battery only when Fmode0 is active.

My idea behind this was the fact that in blue mode I need 100%/125% D/R (at least), and in red mode I need 60%/80%, so my Dualrate follows flight mode AND I am still able to change Dualrate between indoor and outdoor settings.

Unfortunately, I currently have no access to the Devo10 I used to learn Deviation programming :) - it is not mine, I still have the old Devo7 for any Devo RX.

Have fun :)

ThomasC

---

More
17 Jan 2015 04:30 #27757 by Deal57
I would love to see how you track the state of the toggle. I have been combing the site to see how to display a toggle that would tell me what Deviation thinks is the state of the video camera. In the 2X2 model ini the typical setup is to use the left vertical trim as a momentary switch to snap a photo (trimLV+) or to trigger the video on and off (trimLV-). I can capture the change and invert the switch value, but I can't get the change to stay because of the "momentary" state of the trim switch.

I would appreciate a look at your work.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
17 Jan 2015 04:40 #27760 by mwm
Haven't saved it yet because it was just an experiment, but it's straightforward. I think I'll do it for my v383 video, though. If you have any problems, ask and I'll upload that model file for you to look at after I'm done.

Anyway, you set up a another virtual channel for use as a trim switch. Then you set up another trim with trimLV- as the button. Make the step toggle, not momentary. You then set up a toggle icon using that virtual channel as the switch. My Devo6s always powers on in the same state, so just make the power on state show your "video off" icon, and the other one show your "recording" icon.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
17 Jan 2015 05:16 #27761 by Deal57
Thanks! That sounds like a good approach... I'll work on that and see how far I get!

More
19 Jan 2015 02:22 #27830 by Deal57
That worked great. I had no idea I could use the same physical trim switch for more than one purpose! One more really amazing feature I've learned this week. Thanks so much for your guidance.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds