Problem with TX.ini file on Devo 10

More
23 Dec 2014 08:21 #27160 by headlessagain
Problem with TX.ini file on Devo 10 was created by headlessagain
OK experts, I'm really scratching my head here! I have successfully downloaded the Deviation 4.0.1 and also a module to let me fly my WL Toys V911 amd 912. Amended the TX ini. file as instructed in the module notes and got a bind first time. Had to reverse all channels except the throttle but heli flys great. Much nicer feel than the cheap toy tx normally used.
Now comes the problem part. I wanted to update to the nightly build as my throttle and elevator were on the incorrect sticks when using DSM2 or DSMX. So I went through the update process choosing to replace the older files with the newer nightly version. All looked ok but when I went back into the TX ini. file to amend as before I can't see any module section.
So I went back to basics by formatting the TX drive, re-loading the original dfu file and the original deviation 4.0.1 build. What's odd is the TX ini. file still doesn't show any module section. OK, I don't really want to amend this as I imagine that the nightly build will feature a newer TX ini. file which I'll need to amend but where the heck has it gone. The only files I didn't extract to the TX drive were the dfu and debug file.
This is a screen shot of the TX drive contents and TX ini. file. What am I doing wrong?
I did save the unamended TX ini. file (fw 4.0.1 build) which is a lot longer than the one presently residing in my Devo 10. I've also attached a screen shot of part of this file showing the modules section etc

Andy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2014 11:15 #27162 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Problem with TX.ini file on Devo 10
in the nightlies, you need to modify the hardware.ini, not the tx.ini.

More
23 Dec 2014 22:54 #27175 by headlessagain
Replied by headlessagain on topic Problem with TX.ini file on Devo 10
So the nightly's place some of the required files different folders compared with the original 4.0.1?

More
23 Dec 2014 23:48 - 24 Dec 2014 00:03 #27182 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Problem with TX.ini file on Devo 10
yes
It is in the same folder (root), but in a different file: hardware.ini.
You do not have to change anything in tx.ini. When you calibrate your transmitter, the results will be written in the tx.ini. But when you use modules, then you have to change the hardware.ini
Last edit: 24 Dec 2014 00:03 by TomPeer.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds