Blade Pico QX

More
11 Feb 2015 05:44 #28557 by Tryptych
Blade Pico QX was created by Tryptych
Hello, I've searched these forums and can't find any info about the Blade Pico QX; is it supported with Deviation? I know the deviation model database on google docs has a note saying it "reportedly" does not work, but I'd like to confirm. Doesn't it use the same protocol as the Blade Nano QX?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2015 09:42 #28559 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blade Pico QX
It doesn't use the DSM protocol most Blade products use. I don't know that anyone has figured this out. Or opened a pico qx tx to see what rf module it uses. Imacman on rcgroups was going to do some checking. I've asked him for an update.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Nov 2015 21:39 #39785 by Edwin
Replied by Edwin on topic Blade Pico QX
Hi, we just checked our transmitter, the pico qx had a chip marked :

NRF D
24LE1E
1425AU

Is it possible to get the pico qx deviated? I have a logic analyser coming in that we can hook up if required...

More
09 Nov 2015 23:57 - 09 Nov 2015 23:59 #39788 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Blade Pico QX
The NRF24LE1E is a newer RF MCU with a standard NRF24L01 transceiver an 8-bit MCU and some flash all in one SoC. It should be possible to communicate with it with our beloved NRF24L01+ but it could also be using some super strange protocol too. Throw it on the analyzer and post the captures, nothing to loose.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 09 Nov 2015 23:59 by Cereal_Killer.

More
16 Nov 2015 14:12 #40114 by Edwin
Replied by Edwin on topic Blade Pico QX
Ok we will try tonight, I have some doubt as to which pins to use.

The chip is a 5x5 qfn package, see www.nordicsemi.com/kor/content/download/...ification_rev1_6.pdf , page 14 for the pin nrs.
From p.137 it looks like the chip has different modes, one with an spi interface on pins p1.4 to p1.6 and another with the spi interface on pins p0.5, p0.7 and p1.0.

Could someone shed some light on this ?, otherwise i will just try both.

More
16 Nov 2015 15:21 #40116 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Blade Pico QX
The block diagram on page 13 shows the nRF radio transceiver is connected internally to the MCU. It's unlikely the SPI data appears on external pins, unless the design brings them out for debugging (don't know if that's possible).

If you could extract the MCU flash contents it might be possible to disassemble the code to work out the protocol. But the flash memory section in the data sheet says "The Flash memory is configured and programmed through an external SPI slave interface. After programming, read and write operations from the external interfaces can be disabled for code protection."

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds