Binding issue with DSM2 & DSMX

More
14 Feb 2015 22:27 #28683 by davpep
Binding issue with DSM2 & DSMX was created by davpep
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and have a Devo 7e wIth Deviation 4.0.1.
I have been using it to set up a micro quad with onboard DSM2/DSMX and a simple 4 channel plane on mode 2.
At first all was OK, I could bind and arm the quad and the Orange receiver in the plane worked fine.
Now, although the binding process seems fine (I get solid LEDs, no flashing), I can't arm the quad and no servos respond on the plane.
The ground control software for the quad shows it is picking up the radio signal and all channels seem OK but still can't arm.
Throttle is at zero, all sticks calibrated properly..etc. I've reloaded Deviation and can't see any problems in the model config files.
I'd assume a faulty tx board would cause this but would it still bind and would ground control still show a response?
Any ideas??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2015 00:13 #28691 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Binding issue with DSM2 & DSMX
Check the channel monitor to see if you've got something wonky in your config that might be keeping it from sending any values.

Also, have you changed anything recently?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
15 Feb 2015 00:16 #28692 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Binding issue with DSM2 & DSMX

davpep wrote: The ground control software for the quad shows it is picking up the radio signal and all channels seem OK but still can't arm.

Are you saying the software shows the flight controller is receiving channel data from the transmitter, and all the expected channels show the expected values based on the mixers you have?

If all that is correct it's not a binding issue. The first thing that comes to mind is your scale is not high enough to meet the arming threshold on your FC. For example, the FC might be require at least 1900uS to arm and the tx is only sending 1850 at full stick.

Some FC's won't arm unless you've done an ACC calibration.
Other safety checks might be preventing arming...

More
15 Feb 2015 03:58 #28696 by davpep
Replied by davpep on topic Binding issue with DSM2 & DSMX
Hi MWM & hexfet

Thanks for replying. ,
Channel monitor looks fine. The problem seemed to start when I added another model and then reset that model but since then I have reinstalled Deviation and all files.

The setup for the quad hasn't changed since it was working so I can't blame that. Also would quad-related DSM2 arming issues affect a different model on DSMX?
I've attached a screenshot of the ground control. Radio looks OK on that and it used to arm on these settings. Also attached the two model files from tx.. actually I'm on my phone doing this so I'll do another post with the attachments from my computer.

More
15 Feb 2015 04:01 #28697 by davpep
screenshot and model files.
Attachments:

More
15 Feb 2015 04:33 #28698 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Binding issue with DSM2 & DSMX
There is no way that adding another model should change what's happening on the first one.

The two model files are pretty much rock simple - there isn't anything you could really do to screw up the channel output. You've even fixed the safety for the odd channel assignments. So it's no surprise that the channel monitor is doing what you expect.

It's not clear to me from what you said, so does the ground station show the radio signals responding to stick motions? If not, then the problem is liable to be your Tx, even though it binds. Could be both Rx's going wonky at the same time. Can you borrow another Tx to test them with?

If the channels are responding on the ground station and and both aircraft have issues, I'd suspect the deviationtx setup. Did you install the protocol directory that came with the dfu file you installed? Have you calibrated the transmitter since you did the reinstall?

Have you tried doing the arm sequence for the quad while the ground station is connected to see if the radio is doing the correct thing to arm the quad?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
15 Feb 2015 04:43 #28699 by Indigo
Replied by Indigo on topic Binding issue with DSM2 & DSMX
If you replaced the tx.ini file then you will need to recalibrate knobs and sticks via tx config menu.

More
15 Feb 2015 12:22 #28719 by davpep
The ground control shows normal response to all stick movements and I've recalibrated the tx.
Protocols have been copied. I have a spare DSM2 receiver and the same thing happens with that one too.
When arming the quad the GC shows throttle at 2 to 6% (as in the screenshot I think?) and right rudder at around 86%. On the tx they are at -100 and 100 respectively. The thing is that this was the same when it was arming before the problem started. And would the two other receivers be affected anyway as they don't need "arming".
Will try to get hold of another tx to test but at the moment I'm totally baffled!

More
15 Feb 2015 13:33 #28721 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Binding issue with DSM2 & DSMX
What about your tx setting for CH3(throttle)? Any hold activ?

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds