HELP! Issues with Devo 6s + Naze32 + Orange R615x

More
16 Feb 2015 00:59 #28737 by Vis
Here is my setup:

ZMR 250 quad for FPV
Devo 6s Tx
Orange R615x (using CPPM connection to Naze32)
Naze32 Flight Controller
CleanFlight setup software

Issue: Being new to all of this, I am unable to get Cleanflight to recognize the use of my Flight Mode switch or Mix switch. I am attempting to use one of them to switch between Horizon and Angle mode when flying. The only Aux switch Cleanflight shows any response to is the Gear Switch which I am using as a Throttle hold.

When using the Channel Monitor on my Devo 6s, I notice that moving the flight mode switch changes the 7th channel, but none of the inputs I provide (flipping switched, etc.) cause Channel 5 to change. Given that I have a 6 channel receiver, I believe part of the issue is that the Flight Mode is operating on a 7th channel.

I'm going a bit insane here and would really appreciate any help you folks can provide. I really don't want to have to buy a new Tx in order to get this all to work. I have been doing lots of looking around and have not found the answers I need. Perhaps it's because I am not asking the right questions.

Thanks!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2015 02:21 #28739 by Indigo
Hi, welcome to the forum.

The Orange R615x can only do 6 channels, so you are limited to 6ch even though Deviation will enable use of extra channels and can output them all on PPM.

So set number of channels to 6 in your model config, because your receiver can only handle 6.

Then in mixers edit ch5 mixer, set type to Simple and src to Flight Mode or Mix switch, curve 1-to-1, scale 100, offset 0, and Save it.

More
18 Feb 2015 10:41 #28805 by Vis
Thanks for the input. Quite helpful, though I'm still struggling with figuring out how to get the system to recognize the 3 switch positions for FMode.

More
18 Feb 2015 16:56 #28833 by hexfet
If you're new to all of this you've got some fun learning ahead. Both the manual and mwm's config guide will be helpful.

You'll set up a mixer on the channel you want to control (e.g. 6) with the fmod switch to send -100, 0, or 100 depending on the switch position.

On the cleanflight side you'll need to configure the actions to take when the value on that channel is low, middle, or high. That's done in the Aux Config tab of the cleanflight gui.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds