Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation

More
26 Feb 2015 19:53 #29139 by saad khan
Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation was created by saad khan
I want to convert it to deviation but i am little confuse that which can i download for it.What is the difference between deviation-devo10-v4.0.1.zip
and deviation-emu_devo10-v4.0.1.zip.
What is the emulator??

Also tell me that After installing deviation will I be able to use my transmitter to simulator using DSC cable or usb cable?
Please help me regarding this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2015 20:10 #29141 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation
Assuming you want to use standard deviation V4.0.1 (and not a nightly) you will download that first .zip folder you have listed, deviation-devo10-v4.0.1.zip

The other is a emulator, used for development so you can test FW / code work on your computer without having to load it to your Tx first. Unless your a developer and plan to code / contribute to the deviation project in the future you dont need that at all.

Dont know about what's needed for a sim but it's some additional piece of HW, you cant just plug in one of the wires from your D10 to your computer and have a working sim.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
26 Feb 2015 21:22 - 27 Feb 2015 08:27 #29144 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation
Actually you can...

The usual way is the use of some kind of PPM dongle with the PPM protocol selected.
Walkera has the UP-01 dongle for that:
www.helipal.com/walkera-ub-01-simulation-cable.html

The other option is to use an USB cable with the USB-HID protocol selected, which simulates a game controller...
Last edit: 27 Feb 2015 08:27 by FDR.

More
27 Jul 2015 15:55 #36164 by saad khan
Replied by saad khan on topic Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation
After converting to deviation ,Would I will be able to use my tx with Spektrum DSMX.

More
27 Jul 2015 16:30 #36166 by Sero
Replied by Sero on topic Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation
Yes

A day without flying can't be called a day.

More
27 Jul 2015 17:56 - 27 Jul 2015 17:57 #36173 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation
I highly recommend to use the current nightly-build from the downloads section if you want to use Spektrum DSMx FlightLog telemetry instead of older nightly-builds from PhracturedBlue repository (2014) or V4.0.1 version.
There are already several bugfixes and enhancements in these nightly-builds.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=340#33913

If you do not fly a big big expensive plane / heli this is the route I would take at the moment.
Test something smaller (crash-proof, EPP, stable carbon quad frame, etc.) and once you have continuous success you can go big / take the next steps...

Thomas
Last edit: 27 Jul 2015 17:57 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
27 Jul 2015 18:31 #36177 by Thomas.Heiss
BTW: I am not aware that Brain/Ikon FBL might support "Spektrum SRXL" with AR9020+ (digital bus with one cable)??!??
So you probably need to connect each servo port manually.

Do you have plans to use 1-2 Spektrum satellites?

You probably will loose Spektrum FlightLog because of the missing Spektrum genuine receiver which you can connect to TM1100/TM1000.

More
27 Jul 2015 18:39 #36179 by saad khan
Replied by saad khan on topic Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation
It supports spectrum SPM9645. I am the beginner so dont know how to install deviation to my tx. Just need little help. And yes thank you very much Thomas.Heiss for helping me. :)

More
27 Jul 2015 23:27 #36193 by niteliter
Replied by niteliter on topic Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation
I have a PC,and a laptop,they BOTH have windows 7,64 bits,wont let me do the update on either.............
so sad................

More
28 Jul 2015 09:59 #36233 by Thomas.Heiss
Can't you get an XP Pro 32-bit vmware / parallels image running? Not sure about USB connection (never tried).

More
28 Jul 2015 10:39 - 28 Jul 2015 10:44 #36240 by ThomasC
Replied by ThomasC on topic Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation

niteliter wrote: I have a PC,and a laptop,they BOTH have windows 7,64 bits,wont let me do the update on either..

Installation under Win7-64 definitely works without any special drivers except those provided with Walkera DFuSe tool (necessary to flash DeviationTX), I have used this configuration myself. What kind of problems do you experience when trying to update?

---
Last edit: 28 Jul 2015 10:44 by ThomasC.

More
28 Jul 2015 23:53 #36281 by niteliter
I can get up to "Update Successful",but when I shut down and turn on while holding down the Power/ENT key,I can get the USB logo,just starts up like, regular,and it does that with BOTH sets.

More
29 Jul 2015 08:23 #36291 by ThomasC
Replied by ThomasC on topic Want to convert my devo 10 to deviation
Not completely understood. You mean: you have successfully flashed the file deviation-devo10-v4.0.1.dfu on your transmitter. Correct?
After that you try to turn on your transmitter with ENT held pressed, and the transmitter starts up with the OLD firmware. Correct?
If that is correct: no, cannot be. This is impossible. Please read the instructions thoroughly and retry.

Have success

Thomas

---

More
30 Jul 2015 10:00 #36348 by niteliter
Ahhhhhhhhhh,but this is possible...............after seeing it didnt take,I redid the OEM software to make sure there were no conflicts,I hav a PC I havnt used in years that has ME OES,I may or may not try a redo on that,but Im happy with the RX as it is right now,for now anyway.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds