New bug-tracker testing

More
27 Feb 2015 03:18 #29157 by PhracturedBlue
New bug-tracker testing was created by PhracturedBlue
I decided I wanted to move the bug tracker away from Bitbucket, and into a self-hosted system.
After trying several options, I've chosen to use MantisBT as the issue-tracker.

The main reason for the change is that I find Anonymous bugs to be detrimental because there is no reliable way to ask for more info. So I decided to use single-sign-on such that the forum account can be shared with the bug-tracker.

I've imported the Deviation repo and BitBucket bugs into Mantisbt, and I wrote a single-signon module for it. The module is not working perfectly yet (it seems to require a relogin instead of using your existing forum login), but it does use the same account info for login.

I also had to write the importers for the hg db and for the bitbucket bugs too, so I'm not sure they all imported smoothly.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone who is interested to try it before it goes live.

deviationtx.com/mantisbt/

Feel free to do whatever you like there, as I will wipe and rebuild the database before I switch over. Also don't file any tickets there that you actually want to keep for the same reason.

Besides the need to relogin, I have not yet hooked the deviation repo to it yet (so a commit to the repo will not update the bugtracker) but that is next on my list.

Please report any issues/comments in this thread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2015 16:50 #29166 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New bug-tracker testing
Played with this a bit and it seems to be a reasonable bug tracker. I did not have to re-login.

Creating a new issue failed due to missing required parameter Category. There's no box on the new issue page for Category.

Didn't see any way to edit an issue. I imagine that depends on permissions and how you want to set up the workflow. For example, will we grab an issue to work by assigning to ourself?

I added a note to an issue with the comment "Fixed by pull request #40". Mantis turned the "#40" into a link to issue number 40 - not what I wanted. So I went to Mantis website to see what the syntax is for referencing other elements but could not find the answer, though I didn't go all the way through the admin guide. Other than that it was pretty easy to get around without any instructions.

More
27 Feb 2015 18:26 #29170 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New bug-tracker testing
Thanks for the feedback.

I fixed the Category issue. I had disabled categories in an attempt to minimize the number of fields, but apparently was required, which broke things. I've now made categories optional, which makes it possible to add new issues.

As far as editing issues goes, my expectation is to have all users who are members of the deviationtx group on bitbucket have developer access, allowing them to edit tickets. For everyone else, you can only add notes and edit your own tickets. I have added you as a developer so you can test the ticket editing.

The regex matching patterns are a bit weird.
You can use:
#<bug id> To refer to a bug id
~<note id> To refer to a note
s:deviation:<commit_id>: To link to mantis's commit info
v:deviation:<commit_id>: To link to BitBucket's commit info
(note that you can use abbreviated commit-ids and it works properly)

There is not currently a way to refer to a pull-request from a ticket, but I can probably add that.

More
27 Feb 2015 21:01 #29179 by PhracturedBlue

PhracturedBlue wrote: The regex matching patterns are a bit weird.
You can use:
#<bug id> To refer to a bug id
~<note id> To refer to a note
s:deviation:<commit_id>: To link to mantis's commit info
v:deviation:<commit_id>: To link to BitBucket's commit info
(note that you can use abbreviated commit-ids and it works properly)

I have now added:
p:deviation:<pull-request-id>:
Which will let you link a pull-request as well.

More
01 Mar 2015 00:17 #29217 by hexfet
I edited the summary of issue 579 to fix a typo (just a test). The change was recorded correctly in the issue history, but it also recorded me changing the Platform from nil to Any. Likely wasn't initialized on import?

The Description for that issue has what appears to be a charset error - the A with accent followed by tic instead of apostrophe.

Thinking that might be an encoding issue I tried adding a note with an extended character - o with umlaut entered by holding down Alt and pressing 0246 on the numeric keypad. (Not sure the browser sends UTF-8 in this case, but does send something extended) That caused Mantis to terminate the note page, returning to the previous page without saving the note.

Then, after I'd first typed most of the above, I had the bright idea to enter the o with umlaut here instead of typing out "o plus umlaut". As soon as I released the Alt key the forum reverted to the previous page, losing all I'd typed :blink:

The Mantis user interface is ... different than what I'm used to. But I was able to figure out how to try everything I wanted to try.

More
01 Mar 2015 00:43 #29220 by PhracturedBlue
Thanks for the input. I'll fix the importer for the platform. I'll also look ito the a-accent thing (seen that before). I think your weird o+umlaut is a browser thing. I used the character-map to add a bunch of custom characters to a note and it worked fine.

I agree that Mantis is a bit different, (I personally don't think the issue list is pretty or super obvious to use) but despite all the bug trackers out there, my choices for a well supported, self-hosting, php-based (needed because Deviaton is on shared hosting) system supporting mercurial SCM and a plugin architecture (for joomla SSO) were actually quite limited. I played with a couple, and I think Mantis is good enough. It is easy to add tickets (which is probably the most important), and flexible enough to allow us to do everything we need. I want to verify commit updates work as intended from BitBucket (I have integration enabled now), then I'll re-import everything and do the switchover.

Thanks again for the help testing it out.

More
01 Mar 2015 01:39 #29223 by hexfet
You're welcome. That's a tough list of requirements. Likely a CSS wizard could improve the look'n'feel, but all the functionality is there and it's easy enough to use.

More
01 Mar 2015 19:27 #29244 by PhracturedBlue
I've disabled the bitbucket bug tracker and re-imported all issues. Hopefully everything is working now.

More
06 Mar 2015 02:00 #29383 by hexfet
Did I make a mistake in the pull request link ?

More
06 Mar 2015 03:40 - 06 Mar 2015 03:40 #29384 by PhracturedBlue
it requires a trailing colon
:p:deviation:46:
Last edit: 06 Mar 2015 03:40 by PhracturedBlue.

More
14 Mar 2015 16:15 #29700 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic New bug-tracker testing
Just noticed in the article www.deviationtx.com/articles/23-reporting-bugs ,the link text is correct, but the actual hyperlink still points to bitbucket.

More
14 Mar 2015 16:18 #29702 by PhracturedBlue
Thanks. I've fixed it

More
10 Apr 2015 13:30 #30984 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New bug-tracker testing
Anybody watch Bug Tracker? I don't see any changes or responses about a month.

I would like to get fully operational Devo telemetry, specifically GPS telemetry.
www.deviationtx.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=610

More
10 Apr 2015 14:11 #30987 by PhracturedBlue
Your bug was the 1st filed in about a month :)
All of the developers should be CCd when a bug comes in now. I certainly saw it. I will probably take a look at the difference between 3.0 and 4.0 telemetry and see if I can figure out why GPS stopped working.

More
10 Apr 2015 21:13 #31015 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic New bug-tracker testing
I saw it in my mail also.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds