Correct wiring for A7105 into Devo 7e

More
17 Apr 2015 03:05 #31271 by Newman
I am about to solder a A7105 module into my Devo 7e and am wondering where I can find a proper wiring diagram that shows the A7105 to Devo 7e connections clearly, or clear unambiguous photos. Most people that I have seen, seem to post photos of their wiring that to me are not clearly showing what is connected to what. Also is it best to use the latest Deviation version, currently 4.0.1 rather than the nightly build. Thanks Pedro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2015 05:00 #31278 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Correct wiring for A7105 into Devo 7e
The problem is that you can't do a wiring diagram. There are 4 different versions of the A7105, not counting the Xeida module. So even if you found what you were looking for, there's no guarantee that it would be correct.

The correct - and best available - module installation docs to use at this time are in the deviationTx wiki.

First read the overview . Then the devo7E page has images that clearly label the connections in the 7E. Finally, the module list page has a table showing which pins need to be wired to what on each module, as well as images of all the modules labeling the pins.

If you have any questions after reading those, please ask here again.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
21 Apr 2015 03:25 - 21 Apr 2015 04:36 #31448 by Newman
Replied by Newman on topic Correct wiring for A7105 into Devo 7e
Thanks mwm I forgot to check the notification box for my initial question B) . Since posting this I have managed to wire up my module as per attached diagram but just have a question if I may trouble you. I am using Deviation 4.0.1 with a A7105 wired the "new power saving way", Is it necessary to use the nightly build to optimise this connection method i.e. lower power consumption and some telemetry support IIRC. Seeing as the nightly built is, I am led to believe not as stable as 4.0.1, is there any problem with using the new wiring with 4.0.1. which is what I am currently doing and it is binding to Hubsan with no apparent issues. Thanks Pedro
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Apr 2015 04:36 by Newman. Reason: Clarification

More
21 Apr 2015 13:07 #31459 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Correct wiring for A7105 into Devo 7e
IIUC, the new "power saving way" won't actually save power with 4.0.1. But if it's working, I'd not update to a nightly build. I don't recommend such unless there's something in them you need. The A7105 and hubsan protocol were pretty solid in 4.0.1.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
22 Apr 2015 00:37 #31476 by Newman
Replied by Newman on topic Correct wiring for A7105 into Devo 7e
Thanks for that mwm. Yes I think that I will leave well enough alone. It is just a little perplexing that plenty of people talk about this wiring but it can seemingly only work with the nightly builds which are from all accounts inherently unstable compared to 4.0.1. It will be nice is this is supported in the next release of Deviation in the future. I assume that telemetry in regard to battery voltage falls into this category too

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds