Help with Cheerson CX-20 Bigshark

More
14 May 2015 09:44 - 14 May 2015 09:45 #32550 by elusiver
Help with Cheerson CX-20 Bigshark was created by elusiver
Hi!

I was just wondering if I could get a tiny bit of assistance with the deviation firmware. I had my Devo 10 with stock firmware working well with my CX-20 bigshark. I had all 5 flight modes, and RTH failsafe working. The CX-20 flight modes are set by specific PWM(1092,1290,1488,1687,1885) values on channel 5 of the FC, which I had connected to 'gear' on the receiver. How I accomplished this was to hookup an oscilloscope, and fiddle around with the menu settings until I got what I wanted. I had it setup to use the FMOD and AIL D/R switches on the transmitter to get the different flight modes.

Now, I decided to take the plunge and deviate my Devo 10, but I can't really make heads to tails of the menu system. I documented how I accomplished the setup with stock firmware, I was just hoping that someone could 'translate' the steps to the deviation firmware.

First thing was to allocate the FMOD switch to the Rx Ch5 (Gear) to change Flight Modes:
Model Menu->Device Select->Flight Switch: FMOD SW
Model Menu->Device Output->Gear: FMOD SW
Model Menu->Device Output->Gear Function: Active

Then to allocate the AILE D/R switch to Ch 8 (Aux 3)
Model Menu->Device Output->AUX3: AILE D/R
Model Menu->Device Output->AUX3 Function: Active

Now by default the values for FMOD give you 1100,1500,1900 pulse width. The values we want are 1092,1290,1488,1687,1885. To accomplish this, set the following values.
Function Menu->Travel Adjust->Gear: +50.0% -50.0%
Function Menu->Sub Trim->Gear: -52.0%
Function Menu->Program Mix->Mix 1: Normal (press Ent to Hold All Servos)
Function Menu->Program Mix 1->Master: AUX3
Function Menu->Program Mix 1->Slave: Gear
Function Menu->Program Mix 1->Pos 0 (+): +125%
Function Menu->Program Mix 1->Offset: +57%

Fail safe I just set 'gear' to servo hold the PWM value of 1092.

Doing this I got a working Devo 10 with original devention software, but as I said, I can't figure out the UI of the deviation firmware to accomplish the same thing.

Thanks in advance,
el :)
Last edit: 14 May 2015 09:45 by elusiver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.025 seconds