XL7105-00B and NRF24L01 in a DEVO 10 HELP

More
29 May 2015 15:36 #33180 by Fer
Hello again.

I have already read numerous threads about the installation of extra modules, and to be honest I admire people who find this easy to do. For me it looks so complicated. Anyway I have purchased two modules. One is this : www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-...ys-V922-p-89812.html and it came with a detachable antenna. The other is www.banggood.com/A7105-Wireless-RF-2_4GH...Module-p-909404.html . It says it’s the A7105 module, but it is actually the XL7105-003B module.

Now I have downloaded a picture that shows how to connect a A7105 and a NRF24L01 together and then solder them on the tx. Problem is that the diagram shows a A7105 taken from a V911 tx, which only has 6 pins while the XL7105-003B that I have has 9 pins. Furthermore I am so naive to this, that I can’t even tell which side is considered front (or up) and which back (or upside down) for each module? I have hard time to follow all those SDK, MISO and similar things that I have not the slightest idea that they mean or what they do, nor I have any idea where they are located on the tx board.

What would help me a lot is a simple hard draw, showing the modules and simple lines that show what to solder to where. Just numbers for the pins and what number to connect to the other number of the module, and then what to connect where on the tx. I have a DEVO 10 black. You know, I would gladly pay someone skilled to do the job nicely for me, but sending the tx and receiving it back would cost almost as much as a new the tx. But i may consider it if its a EU country fellow that knows how to do this.

The way I think of it, it would be easier to first solder together the two modules, then solder their common wires to the tx, and then solder the individual wires to the tx.

Is there somewhere any diagram showing how to solder these two particular modules? Or even better, would someone be kind enough to upload a simple hand drawing with the connections required? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2015 16:01 #33184 by mwm
You're not likely to find a diagram, because there are multiple modules and transmitters, and they all require different connections.

The module instructions on the wiki at bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/wiki/ModuleInstallation include links to a list of modules - and your XL7105-D03 is on the list - showing where each type of module needs to be connected, as well as links to instructions for each Tx. if you want to draw up a diagram showing how you're planning on connecting them, we can double check it for you.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
30 May 2015 17:33 #33251 by Fer
Even the information that there can't be specific information was quit infomative. I think i now understand what i must do. Within the next few days i will perform the modification. I hope everything goes ok. If i ran into more trouble i will write again. Thank you.

More
04 Jun 2015 00:24 #33406 by Fer
First i want to thank you so much for your help. From the first time i asked a question here, there was always help comming my way from this forum. I really hope the project continues.
With the help of a good friend of mine, i was able to attach both XL7105-D03B and NRF24L01 modules. I have already bind several helis and quads and everything is working perfectly.
What i was missing the most before starting the "opperation" was a simple to read, step - by - step, "non-scientific" drawing of what to solder where.
So i made exactly that. A drawing that shows in a simple way what to do. It is specific for DEVO 10, and XL7105-D03B + NRF24L01 modules. I have added some notes about what is what.
Since you told me that if i could make a drawing and post it here, you would check it and see if it is correct, i am posting it now, it works already ok for me. If you think it can be of any use to people like me with no special knowledge, then keep it, otherways if you believe it could be confusing, just delete it.
Thank you again.

File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds