login issues with forum

More
11 Jun 2015 12:05 #33830 by mattinchina
login issues with forum was created by mattinchina
Anyone else had this problem? I'm in China so use a VPN to access the interwebs, and cannot login- in fact, I couldn't even create an account! Apparently I'm in the spambot database as a spammer so was blocked from the forum, which I managed to resolve by turning off the VPN when I log in, then turning it back on after the login is successful (as without it, the internet is useless here in China). Hopefully anyone else googling answers to this problem might happen upon this post, and it might help someone, as there's obviously a problem with this website- not sure if the mods are aware of it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2015 16:29 #33845 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic login issues with forum
Could it be that you're using a public VPN of some sort? One that's sufficiently popular with spammers that the netblock it uses has been blocked?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
11 Jun 2015 17:05 #33853 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic login issues with forum
Yes, that should be the case.
If your (i.e. the VPN's) IP address is on a spamlist, we will block you to register or log in, and while I sorry, but wouldn't like to do anything about it, because that protects us from the real spammers.
Such thing can happen even in the western world if you use a public wifi hotspot for example...

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds