Devo7e channels name question

More
20 Jun 2015 21:46 - 20 Jun 2015 21:47 #34419 by mmormota
Devo7e channels name question was created by mmormota

I have a lamer question about the Devo7E Mixer menu.

In the Mixer menu I use the Futabe channel order:
1 Ail
2 Ele
3 Rud
4 Thr
It's perfectly working, however a bit confusing the mismatch (check the attached picture).
I can't find the possibility to change the channel names in the frames, for example I like to see 1-AIL in the frame instead of 1-THR. How to do that? What am I missing?
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jun 2015 21:47 by mmormota. Reason: missing attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2015 08:42 #34437 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo7e channels name question
Nothing. You can't change the names. They match the expected order for the protocol, which looks like DSM in this case. As such, they should match any labels on the Rx. That you can use deviation to get things to work when your Rx has the "wrong" servos connected to the channels is a good thing, and they should both be wrong the same way.

It's even more confusing for craft that don't have all four control surfaces, or have a different set. But the labels still match the Rx.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
21 Jun 2015 12:09 #34442 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo7e channels name question
Hi,

I do not see the benefit of using a Futaba naming channel ordering for a specific protocol as there is no Futaba protocol / receiver supported.

Why don't you just stick to the vendor convention, e.g Spektrum DSM which match the receiver, as Mike suggested?

What is your goal of your method?

More
21 Jun 2015 12:53 - 21 Jun 2015 12:57 #34447 by mmormota
Replied by mmormota on topic Devo7e channels name question

mwm wrote: Nothing. You can't change the names. They match the expected order for the protocol, which looks like DSM in this case.

Thank you for the answer.
I think a simple CH1 in the frame could be more informative.
I was in the fals presumption that the name in the frame either means something or it is possible to freely name it as it's possible in case of the virtual channels. This false presumption was even strenghten because the name of the first channel is different in the manual: 1-ELE . So I presumed there must be a possibility to set it... :)

Why don't you just stick to the vendor convention, e.g Spektrum DSM which match the receiver, as Mike suggested? What is your goal of your method?

The receiver is a satellite with serial output, and the model required that channel order.
Again, I like the way the mixer is working, clearly understand it's logic, just the channel name and the different name in the manual confused me.
Last edit: 21 Jun 2015 12:57 by mmormota.

More
21 Jun 2015 15:47 #34455 by mwm

mmormota wrote: I think a simple CH1 in the frame could be more informative.
I was in the fals presumption that the name in the frame either means something or it is possible to freely name it as it's possible in case of the virtual channels. This false presumption was even strenghten because the name of the first channel is different in the manual: 1-ELE . So I presumed there must be a possibility to set it... :)

How could having just the channel number be more informative than having the channel number and the label that matches that channel on the Rx? Your taking away information.

If you look at any DSM Rx - say a Spektrum AR610 , a LemonRx clone or an OrangeRx clone , they all label the servo outputs with THRO, AILE, ELEV, RUDD and GEAR, not Ch1, etc. When I was using a TH9X with just the channel numbers as mixer labels, I had to assume that the servo outputs were in order, and then guess which end was CH1. Having labels in the mixer that match the labels on the Rx makes my life a lot easier.

As for the 1-ELE, you can change the labels. Change the protocol, and the labels change to match. The example in the manual uses the Devo protocol that you get by default, which uses the order EATR, as you can see on a Devo Rx .

I'm sort of surprised that your model requires an order for serial inputs, as most proprietary firmware isn't flexible enough to let you change which control goes to which channel. That means you can't use that model with any Spektrum Tx I've ever used. Probably not with JR or Orange Rx transmitter, either.

As a final note for +Thomas, the Futaba order is actually AETR, not AERT. Most of the protocols deviation supports actually use the Futaba order. I thought Walkera did as well, until he pointed out that the manual shows something different and I checked it.

More
23 Jun 2015 06:25 #34548 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo7e channels name question
It can`t Mike.

Btw: Why do I fail reordering channels?
Nightly build GUI only selects THR.
When I select RUD or AIL channel and click R+ the upper right window shows THR as selected, but not the selected RUD/AIL.
Same window as for mixers.
In mixers the element for move is prselected, what mixer 1...n you point your curser (up / down) to.

More
23 Jun 2015 21:24 #34567 by mwm
Because the reordering UI on the non-touch displays is really confusing. At least, I think it is.

Channel reordering always comes up with the first channel preselected for me. The Up/Down buttons navigate through the controls. The Left/Right buttons navigate through the channels on the right, except right goes down, which I inevitably get backwards. Unless you're on the channel selector in the controls, in which case the Left/Right buttons go through the channels on it instead of the channels on the right.

Hitting the controls always works on the channel selected on the list on the right, not the channel selected by the channel selector in the controls. Well, except for Copy To, when that channel selector in the controls picks the channel to copy the channel selected in the list on the right to.

At least, it works that way for me in the emulator for the latest nightly build. If that's not what you're seeing, can you open an issue about it, and include a more detailed list of steps in "how to reproduce"?

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds