A version of Devo 7E does not work!

More
23 Jun 2015 14:33 #34556 by saidem
A version of Devo 7E does not work! was created by saidem
Hello,
On my Devo 7E I installed V4.01-92e1705 version because I want to keep the screen display changes (layout). But there is an important bug that makes the TX reboot.
In the mixer menu when I'm in PPM in PPM, I select Main menu, Mixer, I press Down to go to virtual channel 7 then I pushed again Down, then TX reboot. If I put in PPM in DEVO, it's almost the same thing, this reboot the TX to 5 virtual channel and that changes the channel allocation in the mixer. This is very dangerous because the helicopter hand full throttle.
The model uses 4 virtuals channels (3 for the swashplate and 1 for "Sticky trottle Hold").
Does it another version with the Layout and also takes into account the change of the diode and the addition of two switches 3 ways?
Thank-you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2015 17:34 #34558 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic A version of Devo 7E does not work!
Hi,

yes that is known.

It is fixed in one of deviationtx team nightly-builds.

The branches / pull requests which fixed it had the name "scrollable".

Thomas

More
24 Jun 2015 15:44 - 24 Jun 2015 16:07 #34595 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic A version of Devo 7E does not work!
OK, but does it another version with the Layout and also takes into account the change of the diode and the addition of two switches 3 ways?
Thanks!
If I load the last nighty, will it better?
Last edit: 24 Jun 2015 16:07 by saidem.

More
25 Jun 2015 03:05 #34612 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic A version of Devo 7E does not work!
Your 92e1705 version is a very old nightly build, dating to last August. Anything that was in it is in the latest nightly builds. If something from the old one isn't working properly, it's either a new bug that needs to be reported so it can be fixed, or something that was considered a bug in the old version that's since been fixed, in which case if you disagree about it being a bug you need to report it so a discussion about whether or not it was actually a bug can be started.

For the most part, the latest nightly builds are much better than that one from.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
25 Jun 2015 10:01 #34629 by Thomas.Heiss
The latest nightly builds (from download section or on deviationTX team repository) will normally not remove something which is in your V4.01-92e1705 nightly version.
Sorry, I do know nothing about "layout". May updates / news on Devo7 custom build thread?
Switches mod is supported on nightly-builds in hardware.ini as I heard it (I do not use them on Devo10).

However I believe there may be problem with the latest code not fitting anymore the Devo7E according to vlad's posting.
I do not understand it 100% if the repository checked in code fits for Devo7E, if the workaround code works to be uploaded or if it needs some more tweaking or what Devo7E features had to be disabled.
It is hard to follow all the different threads and partial news sometimes...

More
25 Jun 2015 10:06 #34631 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic A version of Devo 7E does not work!

Thomas.Heiss wrote: However I believe there may be problem with the latest code not fitting anymore the Devo7E according to vlad's posting.

The actual code fits pretty tight the 7e, the problem is can't be compiled using latest GNU Toolchain, you need to have installed an old one version.

More
More
25 Jun 2015 10:47 #34639 by Durete
Yes Thomas, but I am talking about the official code. Vlad is using his own test code.

More
25 Jun 2015 11:21 #34642 by Thomas.Heiss
Ahhhh. Now I got it Durete! :-)
It simply does not affect any nightly build of May or June 2015.

So Vlad only got problems in HIS code repository so far, where he also introduced to making smaller improvements / changes to DSMx telemetry for <8CH receivers. He will probably merge the protocol change with Indigos test build anyway.
In V4.1 release candidate thread we already talked about different RC sub candidates (with/without protocol changes).

More
25 Jun 2015 11:29 #34644 by Durete
Yes Thomas, you are right :)
PB has in mind some future changes at 7e code trying to free up some space, but I guess this is another discussion :)

More
25 Jun 2015 11:49 #34646 by Thomas.Heiss

saidem wrote: If I load the last nighty, will it better?

Personally I am on devo10-v4.0.1-fcd0669 right now.

If I were you I would just download the latest from here: www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/13-nightly-builds

Please note revision 605829b from 06/06/2015 from Hexfet code fix starts to revert back the old backlight dimmer functionality while in fcd0669 version when I move the sticks (in flight) the backlight stays on - which is just great in my opinion ;)

More
25 Jun 2015 19:53 - 26 Jun 2015 07:45 #34657 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic A version of Devo 7E does not work!
Hello,
On your advice I just installed the latest build nighty and magically, all bugs are gone. Also I get the display output virtual channels it is great. And testing of range, but I do not know how to use it! :( Maybe have you got a link... ;)
In this version, there is a new file (UPDATING.md) should I also put in the TX?
Finally I d'ont need the display changes (layout), as boxes and toggles of the main page config are good places now, before sometimes there were mixed with the characters.
Thank you to each of you. :) :)
Last edit: 26 Jun 2015 07:45 by saidem.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds